We spent a week holiday at this resort, which has been an incredible experience!
This resort had catered to every expectation, even the ones we never knew we had. The attention to detail and sincere service from the staff made it even more of a delight to settle in and climatise into this paradise.
Our journey to the island wasn't the best, but this was in no fault or control of the hotel. Our transfer flight from Male to the island was consistently delayed by bad planning and management from the airline, Maldivian Air, once we finally could bed down a final departure time and arrived at the resort, our luxury holiday begun. The manager Manoj, had apologized for the inconvenience and assisted in making the mishap by the airline a thing of the past, big thanks to him and his team for thinking of the bigger picture and going beyond the resorts mandate of having take accountability for a 3rd party's actions. (Not very often you get to experience this level of service)
We were immediately greeted with a warm welcomed by our villa host, Sunna, who ensured that our stay through out the holiday was comfortable and effortless. We assigned a sunrise water villa, and after having reading the review tips on tripadvisor before our holiday, we weren't too sure if we were entirely satisfied by our location. That all dissipated as we went on with our holiday, this is why :
- Sunrise villa affords you a lot more privacy and seclusion verse the sunset villa's, as the sunset villa's face out towards the Infiniti pool and saltwater bar section.
- Sunrise villa's also provide a sense of relief, after spending endless hours in the sun all day, on your return to your villa there's enough shade on your deck to help you kick back and relax.
At the end of the day, it all depends on what your preference.
We also spent a lot of time indulging in all the activities and amnenities the resort has to offer :
SPA AND GYM
- the complimentary jet lag flight massage was amazing and enough to convince us to return out of our own accord.
- once again, the consistency of the service to dazzle and delight, was experienced and big hanks to Rai and the personal trainer in the gym (yes, the gym has a resident personal trainer, who is quite informed and passionate about what he does)
- we kayaked, water paddled, ski'd and went on a catamaran trip.
- AGAIN, humble and sincere service from the guys at the centre, with a special mention of Usman, who entertained our dry sense of humour and conversation.
- very professional set up.
- had a charismatic instructor, Danny, oh who was another extension of the resorts high service level.
- divide in the resorts house reef, which was also my first proper diving experience, it did not disappoint, even though Danny wasn't entirely satisfied with visibility, which could have fooled me.
MALDIVIAN FISHING TRIP
- this was the only activity which wasn't at the high level of ..... We had become accustomed to.
- basically, the trip entailed getting on a traditional Maldivian boat, been given our bait and twine and then advised to cast it into the water
- think the overall experience could have been better if we're briefed initially as to what to do and expect ie:
- what sort of fish we were looking to catch
- what bait we were using and why
- depth of water we had set sailed to
- what influences the migration of the fish and why exactly did settle we did to fish
- tips and methods on increasing our chances of catching something
Overall it was a nice to do activity, not too sure if the fact that we also never caught anything is influencing my opinion. FYI, a few if the other passengers did manage to catch fish, 2 of them to be exact, with one managing to hook a reef shark.
RESTAURANTS AND POOLS
We loved the setting and the service of every restaurant and pool, MEDIUM RARE stood out as the best, with the food always been on point and a lot more value for money.
- Amazon pool is a nice hidden retreat on the island, but our personal preference was more tempted by the Infiniti pool, this choice was made very difficult.
Once again I would like to extend our extreme gratitude to Phillipe and his team, for making this a truly unforgettable experience and inspiring us with their eager to please, humble and sincere service and attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the northernmost atoll of the Maldives, Haa Alifu, Beach House Iruveli recreates the style and charm of traditional Maldivian hospitality, while seamlessly blending Asian traditions of simplicity and elegance to its overall appeal. The resort offers a level of serenity unsurpassed in the Maldives. Sleek and contemporary, it offers unparalleled luxury to the discerning few. Experience luxury in the inimitable Beach House style - effortlessly chic while maintaining the charm and tradition that is indigenous to the islands. With two additional private islands to escape to near the resort, you are promised a journey of discovery, and an array of delightful opportunities to experience the virgin beauty of Maldives. Take your pick from the beautifully designed contemporary thatched villas, complete with your own private pool and a Villa Host to attend to your every whim. Each villa is a celebration of sleek, contemporary Maldivian architecture, where floor to ceiling doors opening out onto a spacious deck blur the boundaries between the indoors and outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beach House Iruveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Hotel Haa Aliff Atoll
- Beach Hotel Alifu Atoll
- The Beach Hotel