“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vagaru Island
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at the Viceroy for my girlfriend's birthday last March. Unfortunately, we were there only for 3 days. We had a wonderful stay, the Beach Villa was really great, with a very nice private pool and a perfect location next to the beach. Service delivered by the staff was really great at all places : restaurants, spa, reception desk. A very special thanks to Irushab and his magic way to enhance our room atmosphere. Setup of the Birthday dinner on the beach was also really great. For those who never did it before, the seaplane transfer to/from Male is an outstanding experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMaldivesGM, General Manager at Viceroy Maldives, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear PHILIPPE W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Viceroy Maldives, and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your special thanks with Irushab, who is known for his magical ways, and I am so pleased you were able to celebrate in style!

Time is something I think we all wish we had more of, but knowing how much you enjoyed the seaplane experience, and how much more there is to see at Vagaru island we do hope it won’t be too long before we are able to welcome you and your girlfriend back to Viceroy Maldives in the future. In the meantime, if I can be of any help be it regarding Viceroy Maldives or any of our other Viceroy properties, please feel free to contact me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Kindest regards, Mark Sterner, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The flight from Male to Viceroy with the waterplane, seeing the small Maldives Islands in the Indian Ocean, was really spectacular. At arrival we get a warm welcome from the staff and were transferred to our Beach Villa, which has really a lot of space with bed-and living room, big bathroom and own pool. Thru a small gateway between plants and trees, we have had our own part of the white sandy beach. A problem was only, that they have had a lot of rocks in the water, so that it was difficult to get into the ocean at that point. As the hotel manager told us, it was about the flood and monsoon and a wrong arrangement of the rock barrieres in front of the island.
So we used the white sandy beach on the other side of the island, near the restaurant and main building, who was really beautiful and has no stones in the water.
Our 5 days holiday were really a dream, laying on the beach, snorkeling in the ocean and enjoy the perfect service. Food and drinks in excellent quality, even the prices are very high in the Maldives, but this you will have on the other islands, too.
These islands have to be seen once in your life.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMaldivesGM, General Manager at Viceroy Maldives, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear JonnyF57,

Thank you for such a detailed review! I am always so pleased to read about how much a guests enjoyed the seaplane ride, it really is a fantastic way to see the Maldives as a destination, and you can really take some stunning photographs on your way over.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause with the small rocks found on your private beach entrance, as Andreas, out Resort Manager confirmed, with the monsoon season setting in, we do have to work hard as a team to take extra special care of our beach. On a more positive note, Chef, the kitchen, bar and waiting staff will be so happy when I share your comments with them, I have said it before, but reviews such as yours, make all the difference to the team in maintaining our motivation to constantly develop and succeed in guest service.

On behalf of all the team here at Viceroy Maldives, thank you for your choosing to stay at Viceroy Maldives, and we hope to welcome you and the family back to enjoy the Viceroy island life in the very near future. If I can be of any assistance in any matters regarding Viceroy Maldives or any of our other Viceroy properties, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

its the best in terms of service, location, staff services and everything! cant wait to go back! stayed in the water villas and just simply loved it! the staff respond in quickly and go out of the their regular work to help!

Room Tip: choose the water villas. you will never regret!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KishureK,

I must be one of the proudest General Managers in the Maldives this week, with such positive reviews! Thank you so much for taking the time to post you feedback, it really does mean a lot, not only to the staff and myself, but to our future Viceroy Maldives guests.

I do work with a very kind, very dedicated team of hospitality professionals, who always put their heart and soul into looking after everyone who stays with us, so this time, on behalf of everyone here at Viceroy Maldives, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to welcome you and your family back again in the near future!

If I can assist be of any assistance in matters regarding Viceroy Maldives or any of our other Viceroy properties, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Viceroy Maldives. The water villa was excellent, rest of resort facilities were wonderful. The thing that made our trip was the service delivered by the staff. I am sure I will leave out some, but Kandi and his delivery of coconuts, Praveen and his setup of the romantic dinner, Ivonne our hostess, Yuli and Heidi for our wonderful massages, Sebastian, Sangeeth and Mathew a couple of our servers, Cameron the chef and our incredible sushi tray, Upul and Asyad one of our many bartenders, Patricia another one of our wonderful hostesses and especially the manager who checked on us almost every day.

The only thing that needs to be worked on is the Privacy fences for the water villas to provide more privacy, the current don't really function appropriately. It is a five star resort in our book.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kenneth P,

If there was a perfect way to start my day, reading your review would be on my list! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, and for highlighting members of my team who really made a difference. I will make sure I thank them personally, and they are recognised for delivering the service and attention to detail we expect here at Viceroy Maldives.

I have taken your point regarding the privacy of our Water Villas, and I assure you the necessary action will be taken to make sure our guests are comfortable in the privacy of their own villa. On behalf of everyone here at Viceroy Maldives, thank you for your generous support and we hope you are able to visit again soon in the not so distant future.

If I can assist in any matters regarding Viceroy Maldives or any of our other Viceroy properties, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com. Kindest regards, Mark Sterner, General Manager
Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

One of the best resorts in Maldives food,service ,the kids club was great my kids enjoyed it and loved the complementary pizza baking class ,anguru restaurant has the best snaks and sandwiches in front of the infinity pool ,what I really admired that they used to clean our plung pool every day ,,,,wish to go back again

• Stayed March 2014
ViceroyMaldivesGM, General Manager at Viceroy Maldives, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Nonamfr,

On behalf of everyone here at Viceroy Maldives, thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. The team will be so pleased to hear you and your children had such a wonderful time with us at Viceroy Maldives.

I will especially thank the Generation V and Housekeeping team for making sure our level of 5 star service was maintained throughout your stay. It would be an absolute joy to welcome you and your family back in the near future, so if I can be of any assistance in any matters regarding Viceroy Maldives or any of our other Viceroy properties, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was a completely incredible experience. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is exceptionally friendly and efficient. This holiday exceeded our expectations and we would definitely go back. If you are looking for the true Maldives experience like seen on the pictures, this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BiancaJ,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor! I have said it before, but our motivation and level of service is always exceed our guests expectations, and it fills me with such pride that we were able to achieve this during your stay!

We do hope you come to visit us again in future, and if so, I only ask that you contact me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so I can assist in any necessary arrangements.

Kindest regards Mark Sterner, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

June is the beginning of monsoon season in Maldives, but we decided to take advantage of the accommodation deals offered during this season. We stayed 3 nights in duplex beach villa and 4 nights in duplex water villa, on complimentary halfboard. There is no need for me to go into details how wonderful the resort & villa settings are as they are just what the website show. What the website cannot show is the awesome stay one has to experience himself/herself. Here are some examples of my great experience with Viceroy.

Accommodation – when I walked round the island, I understand why the varying reviews on level of privacy. Some villas enjoy openness and has the best view of the sea within the villa, while some enjoys good privacy with denser trees planted around or from the facing of the water villa. I stated my preferences upfront when booking through Viluxur and got the fantastic villas that fit just right.

Housekeeping – as what past good reviews mentioned + the surprises that await when you return to your cleaned-up villa. The rabbit and elephant folded with towels let by Azim on my children’s bed in the beach villa; the frogs, doggy, elephant and live-sized alligator(awesome) made by our friend (didn’t manage to get his name as we were out all the time when he was there) who housekeep our water villa, really touched our hearts. I showed the pictures of these towel-animals to friends and relatives back home, they were all amazed.

Management – I see vivid evidence of management who listens to customer feedback. Just an example, I read past reviews on limited complimentary drinking water in the villas. This has already been addressed by the time of our stay. We even have 4 bottles surplus upon checkout.

Food & Beverage – Excellent quality and in big servings. Full buffet for breakfast and semi ala carte for dinner. The lamb kebab is a must-try. Big thanks to Chef Kamal for the pizza making lesson, the kids totally enjoy this new experience. We cannot thank Praveen and team enough for bringing us new definition of what top-notch dining experience is. We believe this is hard to match as it is served with genuine happiness and generosity. I have a wonderful surprised birthday-eve dinner celebration. Even so, the humble team still felt they could do more if not for the weather. Very touched!

Of course, we also have great time snorkeling (housereef and excursion), diving, fishing, windsurfing, etc. I shall leave them for new guests to experience for themselves. Highly recommended if you are looking for Maldives Resort strong in hardware and heartware.

Room Tip: State your preference upfront when booking. Villa 23 (beach) and 54 offer decent privacy with good...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jhouserock,

Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt review on TripAdvisor. The team will be ecstatic on hearing your feedback and comments, especially those who you have specifically mentioned, like Chef, the housekeeping team, our fantastic Dive Centre team and of course Praveen, all of whom I will thank personally for their unwavering hospitality, and providing the level of service delivery that inspires our guests to write a review such as the one you have written this weekend.

We work very hard to ensure our guests are taken care of, from senior management all the way down to our junior staff, everyone plays an important role in delivering the very best experiences to our guests. I shared your comment ‘strong hardware and heartware’ with the team in our morning meeting today, and as I expected your comment brought a sea of beaming smiles!

On behalf of everyone here at Viceroy Maldives, thank you again for sharing your feedback with us, and if I can assist in any matters regarding Viceroy Maldives or any of our other Viceroy properties, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly; mark.sterner@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Kindest regards, Mark Sterner, General Manager

Been to Viceroy Maldives? Share your experiences!