“Lovely little trattoria,” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 64 Restaurants in Pizzo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Lovely little trattoria,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was on vacation in Pizzo Calabro south of Italy last september with my family , while we were walking thru Corso Garibaldi which is the street in the heart of Pizzo,it was almost dinner time, I think 6 o'clock in the night, my wife stopped by this little and cute restaurant to take a look to the menu', that was the right choose we did it, we seat in a table outside my children they ordered pizzas margherita, my wife had grilled fillet mignon with insalata, and I ordered spaghetti with frutti di mare to start and grilled swordfish steak and green salad as a second dish. I think all the food was very fresh and tasty, service very friendly and price very affordable. I miss that food same day I will go back maybe next year.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

windsor
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited in February and very few restaurants open but we were delighted with our choice of this one. The pasta and pizza dishes were both delicious and very reasonably priced about 6 euros each. The owner was lovely and friendly. Would recommend

Visited February 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Sapori Ritrovati is an excellent pizzeria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

very good pizzeria, lovely atmosphere , food excellent, the best pizza,very good service, friendly people, the price very accectable

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Genuinely Good Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having tried a few of the restaurants in Pizzo, we had yet to find one that had left me impressed and my appetite satiated. It was only after asking some Italian friends of ours who lived in Pizzo that we were recommended this little gem of restaurant. The four of us were sat outside at a table on the small and picturesque corso G. Garibaldi. Sapori Ritrovati is located a few metres from the main piazza in Pizzo (Piazza Del Rupublica) so sitting outside this little restaurant is great for people watching. Needless to say we were seated immediately and given adequate time to look over the menu. There was a broad choice of dishes, including a pizza menu. Instead of having our meal served as courses we asked for it to be served all at once (insieme). The pesto spaghetti and pizza that my girlfriend and I ordered was exquisite. We are both vegetarians so this order was perfect for us. My parents had the arancini which are fried rice balls covered in breadcrumbs with a beautiful spicy tomato filling. We also all had mixed salads (insalata mista) which were all fresh and flavoursome. I would highly recommend the local red wine, I think that this was the house red and it can be served in half litres and full litres. It was also lovely to see the owner's little girl Mavis helping her mother and father in the restaurant! Please try to visit this great eatery when you come to Pizzo. Fresh, honest and satisfying food at a very reasonable price.

• Visited October 2012