“Gods of Olympus, eat your hearts out!” 5 of 5 stars

+33(0)4 79 08 96 77
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Bouitte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Diner
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“Gods of Olympus, eat your hearts out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

For perched mid way up the French alps, in the tiny village of St Marcel, right above St Martin, and a few Kms before Les Ménuires, is a true culinary find! Well not exactly a find, as the Michelin guide has already granted them two stars!
Elegant yet ski wear (or jeans) friendly informal decor, very attentive but not obsequious service, and food to damn oneself for.
The house specializes in "surprise" menus, but they understandably prefer it to be a table order.
So not on our menu, as my husband had his sights set on the ris de veau (sweetbreads), and my brother who joined us is a vegetarian.
Sweetbreads are very much a particular taste, and now very hard to find. Not to my liking, but my husband adores them. They were served in a very fine crust, and were delicious, as even I was persuaded to take a bite. My husband even told the owner chef that his creation was even better than the one he'd had years ago at Trois-Gros.
My brother's vegetarian diet was taken seriously. He was offered the most incredibly moist and tasty scallops I've ever had (again, I was given a bite!)
For my part, I chose the fresh water fish, and what a delight that was. Cooked in a very thin crunchy crust, the taste was extraordinary. All I can say is, Olympians, weep!!!
We then shared a most remarkable local mountain cheese plate, lovingly put together by the head waitress from a very impressive cheese tower chariot.
And afterwards, we indulged in three incredibly wonderful desserts, mine based on milk products, a house special, my husband ordered a chocolate one, and my brother went for the orange saffron creation. And again, absolutely incredible taste bud bombs.
A most extraordinary and totally unexpected meal!
Wow!!!

• Visited March 2013

Jersey
“A gastronomique delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

If visiting La Bouitte, prepare yourself for a gastronomic delight, the food is wonderful and the staff attentive. The chef has two Michelin stars, so needless to say it is not cheap, there is an a' la carte menu and several set price menus starting at 99€ for a three course meal. With all the set price menus, the dishes are chosen by the chef, after having enquired if you have any specific dislikes or dietary requirements. We chose the 99€ option and were served an amuse de bouche of three dishes, this was followed by our fish course, Pike from the local lake, we then had rabbit for main course, a pre dessert, dessert and petit fours, so really a six course lunch. We chose a local wine Chenin Bergeron at 58€, this was slightly more than we have paid at other restaurants, but this was from a different grower and was by far the best I have tasted. Although it is possible to ski to the restaurant, we took the option of being collected and dropped back to the ski lift, a nice touch. This restaurant is not the choice to make if you are on a budget, but if you want to really spoil yourself or as a reward for completing that first green run without falling over, then you won't be disappointed, it was well worth the ski over from Meribel, even in the rain.

London
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband took me - and our four sons - to this restaurant last week to celebrate my birthday, during our skiing trip. Relatives said we were mad to take four boys to a 2 star restaurant, but we wanted to do something very special. The whole evening was a wonderful experience, and the food was amazing. The staff were were welcoming and perfectly happy to accommodate our four sons - from 5 to 16 - without fuss, but with great kindness. There was even a children's menu with simple but delicious food presented with just as much care as the adult meals.
We had the 4 course set menu which, as other reviewers has said, is a surprise as you do not know in advance what you will receive. However, when ordering, you are asked what foods you particularly do not want to eat, and what you like best. We forgot to mention that we did not like foie gras, and only managed to eat a few mouthfuls when it arrived. After we had finished the next course, however, the head chef apologised that we had not enjoyed the course and offered us a complimentary course of potato soup with truffle - which was delicious, as he knew it would be.
Our meal consisted of raw trout appetiser, a selection of amuse-bouches, frogs legs (the first time ever tasted, but surprisingly good), foie gras, steak and steak tartare, the potato soup, frozen orange and caramel dessert, and home made biscuits - the latter described by my teenage son as the best thing he had ever tasted. We were all too full to sample the four level cheese board, but it looked wonderful.
The food was outstanding and presented impeccably, with great care and attention to detail. I had an unforgettable evening and would happily return.

• Visited February 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Heavenly food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was a true gastronomic experience. We came for lunch 2 days ago by skiing from Meribel. The staff collected us by car from a slope near Saint-Martin de Belleville. We had a set menu 3 courses for Euro 99 pp plus a bottle of wine. The set menu comes as a surprise as you do not know in advance what exactly you will be served. The food was outstanding and the presentation was incredibly beautiful. The service was also very attentive to any needs or wants you might have. As a starter we had scallops and as a main course - rabbit ( so far the best rabbit I tried in my life). Before the desert we sampled some outstanding selection of local cheeses.
Overall, it is a restaurant which deserves its 2 Michelin Star status!

• Visited January 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Stunning !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This first class eatery perched high up in the Haute Savoie is well deserved of its 2 Michelin Stars. I would guess they are well on the way to a third. The relaxed informality and friendliness of the team, headed up by MM Meilleur makes for a great night with lots of exciting things for both the eye and palate to taste. La Bouitte is an almost identical business to Flocons De Sel in nearby Megeve , however it’s much more fun to fun to eat here due to its more relaxed ambiance . We spent 410 Euros over 4 hours but it was worth every penny, lovers of fine food and wine won’t be disappointed…..

• Visited December 2012