We travelled here in June/July 2011.
The standard of this place was pretty awful really. It seems like the whole place is in dire need of a serious renovation.
Our stay would possibly have been OK had we been aware of a few key issues which really affected our time on the island.
Things to keep in mind:
- Meal times are not very family friendly (dinner starts at 7.30pm. Not ideal for young kids)
- No babysitting service despite being mentioned on their website as readily available
- No infant life jackets on transfer vessels
- Not much fresh fruit and veg (I know it is an island etc etc. I simply expected a little more variety)
- Staff fairly unresponsive to various requests
- No room service, no wifi in room
- Room standard is very basic, leaky toilets, shower that didn't drain etc
- Pool is very well worn with a lot of rusty screws etc in and around the swim-up bar area
- Servicing of rooms is very basic, with washcloths and glasses simply removed and not replaced with fresh items
And a few tips:
- If travelling with young kids, bring a pram as you will do a lot of walking
- Bring aerogard as there are loads of mosquitos
- Bring a length of rope to use for clothes line as there is nowhere to hang wet gear
- If travelling with a child that sleeps in a cot, BYO travel cot (we had asked for an infant bed and received a fold-away adult sized bed
- Bring USD as the reception charges 8% fee if you want to withdraw USD at the hotel
Having said all of the above, the place was stunningly beautiful, the surfing was great, diving/snorkelling was excellent. There was plenty of food, even if it was very repetitive. Some of the staff are friendly and really love kids.
This place is very affordable from a Maldives perspective, which is great. I guess we just expected a bit more than we were met with. Had we known the things mentioned above, our stay may have been more pleasurable as we would have at least been prepared for something else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi Hotel North Male Atoll
- Huduranfushi Island
- Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi Resort