“Excellent island for surfers and their photographers (partners)” 4 of 5 stars

You added Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi to your Saves list
Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Goalhi No. 3 Majeedhee Baazaaru   |
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Excellent island for surfers and their photographers (partners)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a 25th Wedding Anniversary treat, as we had honeymooned in the Maldives (on a different island).
Having read mixed reviews I was unsure of what to expect and the main reason we were going to the island was because my husband surfs, I think I might have been put off otherwise. We had an amazing time at this resort and I do not understand the people who complain about the service, we were looked after and dealt with in a very friendly and courteous manner, with many of the staff going out of their way to help. We were unable to give tips until the end of the visit as the staff refused them until our last night.
We were happy with the original Beach Villa and I would be happy to book these again, however we upgraded after 4 nights to the Ocean Villas, which were great, as the staff did us a good deal. The service we had in the Ocean Villas was excellent.
The food was good but a little repetitive, we did prefer the Sunset Restaurant which was the restaurant you could eat in if you were staying in the Ocean Villas – other guests could pay extra to dine in this restaurant.
The bar and platform area at Lohis was a treat for any ‘surf widow’ - we could sit and watch/photograph your other half with a glass of beer and a book and were able to actually see them over the waves – which were impressive. There was a really nice vibe with surfers from all over the world enjoying the great waves at Lohis (only island guests could surf this break).
This was a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday and while I agree there are better islands – they are probably more expensive. This suited our specific needs of a surf destination combined with a chilled and relaxing resort.

Room Tip: The sunset Ocean Villas are amazing as you get sun for most of the day and the sunset!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

776 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
rottnest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is one of the most expensive holidays we have ever booked. I think a combination of the agents we booked through (abode) not being able to find how to book direct with the resort as well as the lack of real customer service at the resort contributed to it.
Firstly we booked a flight the evening prior to us arriving at the resort and stayed the night in Male. We requested well in advance to be transferred to the resort as early as possible (we did not require our room but wanted to surf). We were told the resort would liase direct with our hotel in male for transfers.

When we arrived late at night and enquired what time our transfer would be staff knew nothing about it. Eventually we were told 3pm in the afternoon. I said this wasn't good enough we wanted to go in the morning. We were told ok 9am and then 10 am, and then 2pm and then 3 pm so we spent the whole day waiting for a transfer and finally arrived after 6pm at the resort (there goes one whole day of our holiday). When I asked to speak with a manager about this I was told basically "not our problem - we thought you arrived tonight" I said "well I have emails from 1 month ago explaining we arrived yesterday and would stay 1 night in male and wanted the earliest transfer possible" We found out that there had been 4 transfers we could have been on from 9am that morning.

I found this very disappointing - also amazed that no management could actually accept the mistake and do something to compensate us - It wouldn't have taken much just a token gesture that a whole day of our holiday had been ruined.

The resort does not seem to get it that a few little things they charge a couple of bucks for would just be worth including in the all inclusive package and keeping guests happy...really 2 bottles of water a day and then you buy them? get real guys...even no star resorts supply drinking water!

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of june for 10 nights as part of our honeymoon. We had 5 nights in the beach villa and 5 nights in an ocean villa.

The first 5 nights in the beach villa were good, being able to come out of our room onto the beach was amazing. We were in room 191 which seemed a good place to be. The rooms are probably a bit basic but clean and do the job ok. The outside shower area was an experience.........

The ocean villas were obviously a step up in comfort, room was very nice and having your own little sun deck made it very private, excellent for us honeymooners !!!

The food was the only slight downside. We sometimes struggled to find something to eat some nights but i am a bit of a fussy eater. My wife is vegetarian and it was even harder for her, i dont think she has ever eaten as much curried food in her life !!!!

We found all the staff on the island to be very helpful and very polite, rarely did you walk past anyone without getting a hello from them or at the very least a nod....

All in all tho we still had a great time here. You dont pay the prices of some of the islands so you cant expect it to be top class like them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for 10 days for our honeymoon and it was beautiful.
The ocean Villa is exactly what you see on the pictures and we were not disappointed.
We heard from some other guests that were not all inclusive and staying in beach accommodation that it was very expensive to buy food and drinks. But why would you not be all inclusive!
The only cost we had was the boat trips which range from 30 dollars to about 50 per person. The fishing is good fun so we went twice!
Recommend you take your own snorkeling stuff as it costs 100 dollars for two sets for a week. (that's with tax added).
We had a butler who took us for dinner in the golf cart things they drive about, and our whole stay was truly perfect for our honeymoon. very relaxing.
The villa was comfortable and cleaned twice daily. plus is was very private so we spent most our time just swimming and sunbathing. We had the indoor bathroom which was lovely to look out at the ocean when we had a shower.
We took an extension lead (English plug sockets), and this was a godsend for chargers and a laptop.
Clear blue sea and white sand, we saw baby shark almost every day swimming past our villa and when we hired a jet ski we came alongside dolphins that jumped out of the water and played just a few feet from us! magical experience.

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spent first week in October on this island and as a traveller who has previously holidayed in the Maldives ( another island ! ) I can honestly compare and contrast and would say this; Hudhuran Fushi is at best a 3 star resort. The island itself is nice enough with beautiful well kept gardens, great diving, clear blue water and some stretches of nice beach. Weather was fabulous. On one side of the island you have the surfing, conditions great if you are a surfer, nice to simply sit back watch and enjoy if you are not. The rooms are clean and adequate but far from luxurious, they are basic and functional, they served our purpose fine as we spent little time in the room in any event, and lets face it why would you when you are on a tropical island. On the downside the food was pretty poor, we are not fusy eaters but found it difficult to find anything they looked good enough to eat ! I understand the standards to be far better in the Ocean Villas so if you want decent food perhaps best to upgrade to these. Mosquito's, never before have I ever been bitten but believe me I managed to get 50 bites, very uncomfortable but big problem on this island. The furnishing in the bars are very basic, no comfort whatsoever , compared to other island, disappointing. Entertainment again basic don't expect too much. Finally unlike other islands you cannot walk around this island on the waters edge, there are lots of obstacles in the way which I thought was a shame. To conclude there are much better islands with better facilities and service, however, we were there and fully intended to make the most of our stay which we did with some fabulous people that we met. I would not return to this island but would definitly return to the Maldives - they are simply beautiful.

Seoul, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the worst resort I have ever been in so far.
If you don't want to ruin your holidays,never go to this resort. Seriously!!!

Most of all, the employees are not trained well.
I have a very unpleasant experience because of the rude employees. There is a luxury accomodation called Water Bangalow over the bridge. I crossed the bridge to look around Water Bangalow. Suddenly, some of employees appoached to me and asked me to leave the place as sooon as possible in a very impolite manner. I got upset and told them not to treat me in such a bad manner. There is no single notice that the place is resticted to other guests. Because the employees are stubborn, I couldn't continue arguing with them any longer. I comlained to the manager about the happening. He promised me a sincere apology from the employees.
Neverthless, no one has come to see me.

A weired thing is there are few female employees in this reosrt. all the janitors are male.
Food is very dissappoiting , too.
The room is spacious, but has nothing with coziness. Overall, the room condition is just in a 3-star hotel level.
If you go to other countries such as Philippines and Thailand , you will have at least twice more fun. I quarantee it.
The maldives are very attractive in its nature. However, its service and hospitality is frustrating.

Room Tip: In this resort. nothing is free. There are not even complimentary water bottles. You will be ripp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
harrogate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just come back a week ago after having 2 wonderful weeks. The beach huts are basic, need a few small cracks filled,had a working kettle supplied with coffee a television that worked well and a very comfy bed . The bathroom outside is great, loved having a shower and watching the fruit bats and birds fly above me. The bath room outside wall could do with a lick of paint, but lets face it is out in the elements. I didn't see any spiders, rats or any other creepy crawlies that have been mentioned in other reviews, just lots of lizards which ran away as soon as they saw you. The food wasn't too bad, you won't go hungary only if you expect 5* and don't use your common sense to vary your diet. overall you pay for whart you get. You can walk around the Island in 15 minutes so take a guess on how far the dinning room is. I can't understand when people complain how far the hotel is from their room. Great place loved every minute of it. Relax and enjoy what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi? Share your experiences!