Having made us wait for more than 5 hours at Male airport , the staffs were not only abusive but super unimpressive when it comes to hospitality industry . It was our anniv and whole day was wasted by them and instead of apology , they told us that we should have booked other resort if we didnt like the process . However once reached to resort , the location and facility cooled us down and we really enjoyed our stay except the same issue of staffs being very insensitive to customer's reaction . Most of them has the same attitude of telling you that this is the way we run this resort and you better accept it and adjust to their rules .
One of the surprising fact which really irritated us was when we went for our dinner and found that they kept a table reserved for us and we cant sit at any other table inspite of fact if half of restaurant is empty . we requested them to give us table which was beach side and was empty and they denied saying that this is reserved for the guest who already finished dinner and table is set for his bfast and they cant allow anyone to sit there and that was rule for all other table ,including ours . It really disappointed us . If you dont get a better table then you are made to sit on same table for whole trip , however you will like it a lot if you are lucky to get a nice view table and they will make sure that the same is reserved for you for whole trip .
with my complaints , GM of hotel also met us and his reactions were shocking when he also looked insensitive to overall situation . However he did offer some discounts for our stay due to delay on their part but his overall reaction to whole episode was just unacceptable .
having said all above , we did find few good staffs who took care of us .
what we liked about them was their internal communication on each guest as when you are leaving , which room u stay , what package u r on , everyone is just aware of ur whole plan and that makes life easy with no confusion .
The island is quite big and nice place to explore . cycling was fun and each side of island was amazing to see speacially all clean white beaches and aqua blue water .
Thai restaurant near water bunglows have the best view and quite enjoyable for your food and drinks .
Their spa is super expensive and we didnt try it but it looked to be good .
we did night snorkling which was fun and they have a proper diving centre which is an attraction . water sports is not cheap but its nowhere cheap in Maldives .
their oceanview beach side bunglows are also quite impressive as they are just touching the edge of beach and you can jump in to sea within seconds getting out of ur room .
Its a decent property for first timers in Maldives with insensitive management and staffs . if you are looking for what branded resorts ( they are super expensive in maldives) give you in terms of customer sensitivity , then this is not a place for you , however if you are looking for not so expensive option , go for it .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island measuring about 1.6 km in length and around 380 meters in width has 350 elegantly furnished guestrooms, including 72 water bungalows, out of which, 4 are Presidential Suites, 218 Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows and 60 Deluxe Beach Bungalows. All Deluxe and Super Deluxe Beach Bungalows are built on the beach ensuring a direct view of the shore and sea. All Water Bungalows are built on stilts in the lagoon overlooking the vast horizon of either the sunrise or sunset view, from your private deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sun Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Sun Island Resort Maldives
- Sun Island Maldives
- Hotel Sun Island