We stayed in the deluxe beach appartment (rooms in blocks of 4) which was clean, very nicely decorated and furnished. It had a large modern shower room (walk-in shower). The only downside was the shower drain was a bit noisy so we covered it with a towel.
The only daytime activites were the hired watersports (which we did not do), the evening entertainment is very low key, kareoke one night or the in-house trio playing romantic songs.
The hotel offered about 5 different excursions, we did snorkeling which was really good, lots of fish ($22 pp), and sunset fishing which was good too.
The pool was lovely with lots of sunbeds, the beach was beautiful, clear calm sea with a few fish to look at. You do need to be up early to secure a good sunbed spot if want shade.
Food and drink
We went on B&B basis which worked out perfect for us as we could eat in 4 other restaurants. The breakfast was really good, lots of choice for many different diets/cultures in buffet style (with an egg chef). For the evening we ate mostly in the "cafe" which is similar to a nice restaurant in the UK. It overlooked the sea, there was lots of choice and the meals were plentiful ($14 - $26 pp). We also ate in the Thai and Mediterranean grill, the food was amazing and deff worth a visit (avergae $35 pp). We did not need lunch!
Drinks at the resort were £6 for a beer, £3.50 for a coke and $3.80 large bottle water).
We received a high level of service from all the staff, they were always friendly and helpful. 10% tips are added to everything purchased.
Very hot and sunny most days (30), deff recommend high sunscreen, balmy evenings. In 14 days rained most of 1 day and 2 half days (pm).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is situated on it's own private island surrounded by tropical landscaping and turquoise lagoons. With 176 guest rooms reflecting the tropical destination featuring the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Facing the sunrise with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean are 20 Ocean Villas offer large bathrooms, comfortable living spaces and luxurious outdoor living areas complete with infinity edge plunge pools.Sheraton Maldives is just a 15-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Hotel North Male Atoll
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort And Spa
- Full Moon Maldives
- Full Moon Hotel Maldives
- Full Moon Resort Maldives