My wife and I just returned from 8 nights at the Sheraton Full Moon Resort in the Maldives and WOW what an experience.
First let me compliment GM Ursula Schoefl and her team for taking every opportunity to ensure our time at the resort was as enjoyable as possible. From the moment we were greeted at the reception centre we were made to feel special.
We choose a water bungalow and we were not disappointed with the experience. We travel regularly and have experienced the grand suite, rooms a stone’s throw from the ocean etc, but the water bungalow is another experience all into itself. Being able to enjoy the sea life at your doorsteps and always just being a few steps to a swim really was quite something.
The island is small so don’t expect much action, in fact, plan for an early morning swim, a nice breakfast, a blissful day, a great dinner and an early evening and the best thing is you get to do it all again the next day.
The diving in the area is amazing and I went three times, my wife enjoyed the spa so we both won. The dive shop on the property is first class and the experience was memorable – seeing a huge manta ray in the wild was amazing. Chris and Andrea at European Divers will take care of you; they welcome divers of all experience levels.
Finally the food – well it does not disappoint. The Anchorage bar is great, with fish feedings every evening and wines of the world (3 glasses for $15) as a special treat. Dining was amazing, Sea Salt is an experience you will soon not forget, Baan Thai has the most amazing noodle salad and the Sand Coast for lunch was always rewarding. Feast was our normal spot for breakfast and it didn’t disappoint. The manager’s cocktail party for SPG members is a nice touch.
Being from North America I was worried we would travel to the other side of the world only to find an experience similar to what I might find in the Caribbean. This was not the case; the Full Moon in the Maldives really is a wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is situated on it's own private island surrounded by tropical landscaping and turquoise lagoons. With 176 guest rooms reflecting the tropical destination featuring the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Facing the sunrise with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean are 20 Ocean Villas offer large bathrooms, comfortable living spaces and luxurious outdoor living areas complete with infinity edge plunge pools.Sheraton Maldives is just a 15-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Hotel North Male Atoll
- Full Moon Maldives
- Full Moon Hotel Maldives
- Full Moon Resort Maldives