“This Is A Must Visit Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“This Is A Must Visit Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We just walked in as we were there during off season and it was a wonderful experience. We had already scoped out where it was during daylight because as it was before hand mentioned, it is difficult to see at night. It is definitely well worth the investigation to find.

The service was outstanding as was the ambience. It is definitely more of a couples restaurant than a family venue.We split a Tahitian Sampler (which I think, was supposed to be a main course) as an appetizer which was delightful as a starter for two and our entrees were equally as fresh. My husband had one of the fish specials and I was curious about how the fish dishes on one of the pastas would be and I was pleasantly surprised by how light the broth was. It nothing like the pasty American versions of a similar dish. It was light and flavorful with an island flair. The pricing was very reasonable for Bora Bora dinner prices of this quality.

Had it not been our final night we'd have gone back to try other items. It was a wonderful restaurant to finish our trip on!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bakersfield, California
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The restaurant picked us up from our hotel. Be sure to make reservations, because it is a small family run restaurant. The food and service were wonderful. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited October 2013
Niagara Falls
“Great Food at a Great Price for Bora Bora”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

La Bounty is about a 5 minute walk from the Sofitel Marana Beach and Private Island and offers better food and service at lower prices then the restaurants in the Sofitel. We ate dinner here one night and walked from the resort. It was pitch black with no streetlights, and would have been impossible without our iPhone flashlight app. Street lights being just before the restaurant towards the Intercontinental. When we got there, we found out that they pick you up for free from your hotel, so book a ride through your concierge. The service was slower than North American standards, but was lightening fast compared to the other restaurants in Bora Bora. The food was excellent. We started with caesar salads with shrimp and shared the goat cheese appetizer. I had the Mahi Mahi in vanilla, and my husband had a beef dish (we just don’t remember which one). We would recommend it all. The food was great. It was so great we returned for lunch the next day and had a very reasonably priced and tasty pizza. Don’t waste your time with gimmicky places like Blood Mary’s, La Bounty had better food and service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Lovely seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I ate twice here and both times it was excellent. The seafood curry was excellent and the fish duo was cooked perfectly with a heavenly sauce served on the side. The prices were reasonable for Bora Bora but the places gets busy with only one waitress so come early for better service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband I went to La Bounty and had a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic. My husband ordered a tuna apetizer and the "Make it yourself" dish where you're given a grill at the table with differnet cuts of raw fish and meat with sauces on the side and grill to your perfection. I ordered the vegetarian pasta which was excellent.

The service at most restaurants in Bora Bora and very slow and subpar but I have to say that Ann (the main waitress) was so incredibly friendly. We really enjoyed meeting her. There were also a lot of locals dining which is always a good sign.

One flaw was that the burner on the grill went out mid meal which was a little frustrating and a bit of a let down as our food sat out longer than it should have. I noticed this was also the case at the table sitting next to us who ordered the same dish.

Besides this small mishap, everything was excellent and I highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere