“unusual” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 118 Restaurants in St. Albert
Crawley
“unusual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I had one of the best chicken salads on this trip, my husband had a build your own burger which looked enormous and tasted good so he said. Very friendly staff and good value for money

Visited June 2014

Sturgeon County, Ab. Canada
“Great place to take grandchildren”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Pop in glass bottles, good burgers, and food, but really good atmosphere. Our grandchildren really like this place!

Visited February 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“NVG (NotVeryGood)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I thought I would treat hubby to a Friday burger and he was quite excited about going to Soda Jerks, as he had heard good things about it. Alas, this was not to be. We are not "pop" drinkers so the many sodas on the menu meant nothing to us. Adult milkshakes - what is this?!? After perusing the vast menu we decided on a Royal Cheese and a Fish and Chips burger. Well, his Royal was anything but. Small patty, two slabs of processed cheese, gooey bun. Mine was a joke - small piece of over-breaded fish stick - cold. Chips were soft - of course they were - they were surrounded by tomatoes and other vegetables, including very strong raw onions. Prices were way too high for the value of the meals. NA (NeverAgain)

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Cool little spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I went for an early dinner about 4pm. This was our first time and we hadn't read any reviews so were unsure what we were getting into. It is in a good location and the restaurant seems brand new. We were seated in a nice booth right away and the inside atmosphere was fantastic! Our waitress was nice and helpful, the drink order and food order was taken very quickly. My wife had a good 4 dollar Cesar and I had a sprite which came in an old school bottle which was very neat. Our food arrived but my meal was cold, but still tasty. The French fries were great and the only hot piece of food I received. My wife got the taco salad and it was great, she really enjoyed it. All and all we would definitely return for another meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“You gotta be kiddin' me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

For a restaurant that just opened, this was pathetic. Went there at lunch, and although I was warned by a co-worker (due to extremely slow service), not to go, I ventured in. The place is 80% empty, yet I am told to I have to wait 15 minutes for a table (are you kidding me!)

After waiting in an empty restaurant to get setting, it took about 5-6 minutes to get noticed by the Wiz kid working there. He took a drink order, and too a long long time to bring the other members of my party a their shakes. He forgot my coke (complicated drink order) and said He'd bring it. He forgot!

I had to pull an Archie Bunker and start snapping my fingers for him to come back (not usually like this).

The food arrived...it was okay. So due to the slow, slow service, I ask the server "Can I get my bill ASAP we have to go to a movie?" He said "okay" then went off and cleaned tables, emptied bus pans, wandered around, checked his phone for messages....I had to go up to the front and ask for the bill. I was told, "your server will bring it to you."

What a joke! Don't waste your time or money. The manager is clueless and I guess the owner doesn't care.

• Visited December 2013