“Delicious flavors - Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Delicious flavors - Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Friday evening, my husband & I stopped by Taste of Tuscany to enjoy a night out. We were not disappointed. We heard the flavours of the chef's entree's and sauces were incredible, and they are just that! We shared the Italian Calamari and dipped up the remaining sauce, it's so tasty. The entrée portions were large and satisfying...we ordered Ink squid with a wine sauce that was amazing as well as a Penne dish that was so huge....good for next day lunch. Could not resist trying the chocolate cheesecake & coffees. They have a really nice selection of Italian coffees. Service was very attentive and the atmosphere felt like we were sharing dinner with family. We will definitely be back with our friends.

• Visited September 2013

St. Albert, Canada
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would like to recommend Taste of Tuscany, the little Italian restaurant on St. Anne Street. We went there on Mother's Day for dinner and the food was great, all freshly cooked - my husband love his lasagne, my fish was delicious and desserts were lovely. The service was very good, staff very welcoming, friendly and attentive but not intrusive and Chef came out to say hello too. I have seen mixed reviews about this place but I'm glad we tried it. I like to support local businesses rather than chains and I thought it was a shame there weren't many diners, I was expecting it to be busier on Mother's Day. The only negative thing I would say was that it was a bit lacking in ambience - maybe the decor and lighting needs to be looked at. I'd definitely like to go again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Great food, service left something to be desired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We came to Taste of Tucany as a group of 14 to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had eaten here a few times before, so it was a known entity. The food is excellent, so we were looking forward to the evening. We arrived shortly after 7. There were two other tables, a party of 8 and one other couple.

Water was already poured. It was 15 minutes before the server asked us if we wanted an adult beverage. Fortunately, the group was enjoying each other's company so the time passed fairly quickly. The wine order was finally taken, and another 10 minutes passed before it arrived at the table...already open. The server poured the wine without offering a tasting. Fortunately, I know the wine, so I tasted it confirming that it was indeed the wine we ordered. The servers must be taught how to offer, open and serve wine properly.

We were on our second bottle of wine before our food order was finally taken, nearly an hour after arrival. 2nd bottle service had not improved. The appetizers made an appearance 30 minutes later. Bruschetta was good, but not stellar. Calamari was nicely done. Disorganization caused a salad to be missed, and one that was ordered as a main arrived with the appies.

Bottle three ordered. Same service. Two hours and 25 minutes gone, the crowd was getting antsy, and an impromptu duet of the All in the Family theme song, "Those We're the Days" broke out. While entertaining, and the entire patronage enjoyed the rendition, the food was still absent from the table. Five minutes later, nearly two and a half hours after arrival, the food came out. Unacceptable.

The food was excellent. The feature was lasagna, which about half of us had. Excellent spicing, composition, and it came out piping hot! Others had pasta dishes with garlic sautéed prawn, or Milanese sauce, or with an Alfredo chicken. Excellent. Dessert came quickly after dinner...maybe because by this time it was nearly 10:30, and Saul was wanting to close for the night. The tiramisu was a treat. Espresso soaked lady fingers in a creamy white sauce that begged to be eaten. Not too sweet, but sweet enough to be satisfying as a meal topper.

We were all treated to a complimentary round of Sambuca with coffee beans (sans the flame) as a night cap. Unfortunately, I'm uncertain if the offering was out of thanks or apology.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent, quality food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went on a Friday night to celebrate my husband's birthday with a group of 7. The service was friendly and fast. Between the group of us we had the Italian calamari, bruschetta, lasagna, squid ink pasta, fettuccine Alfredo and sausage penne. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our food, as The meals were prepared with fresh quality ingredients and with excellent care. To finish off the meal we had a variety of house-made desserts which were exceptional. Overall we had a wonderful experience and will certainly be back in the near future.

• Visited April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went to dinner on a Friday night, we had a wonderful time with a great meal.
I ordered the italian style calamari which was very tasty. my entree was the lasagna which was a very large serving and also very delicious. my wife had the squid ink pasta which she enjoyed.

it did not take long to receive the food, in my opinion it was well timed to allow enough time between dishes.

overall it was a great experience and would go back.

• Visited April 2013