“Comfortable and Modern” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at St. Albert

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at St. Albert to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at St. Albert
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   460 Street Albert Trail, St. Albert, Alberta T8N 5J9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Albert
Calgary, Canada
“Comfortable and Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We were expecting a basic, no frills hotel for the price and we were pleasantly surprised at the better than expected level of accommodation we got at the Best Western St Albert. This fairly new hotel has a modern look and feel. Beds and pillows are clean and comfortable, flat screen tv and bathroom were modern touches. My teenage sons used the pool, hot tub and fitness room and reported a variety of free weights, a couple of treadmills, elliptical trainer, exercise bike and a bow flex were all in good condition and allowed them to get in a good workout before dinner. The complimentary breakfast had a waffle station, toasts, cereal, yogurt and fruit, coffee, juice and a variety of muffins and bagels. Hot items included some grilled smoked sausage type of thing and two types of eggs. More than enough variety for us. The front desk was happy to provide us with bottled water when we asked. I have fairly high standards when it comes to hotels (I'm pretty much a four or five star person) but I would not hesitate to book a stay here again next time I'm in St Albert.

Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I'd stayed here last year, my first time at a Best Western Plus. As I'd reviewed before, I was impressed because the facilities were new and clean, the breakfast area was nice and food decent. I wanted to update my previous review: breakfast muffins are no longer freshly baked but are 'thaw and serve gluten-free'. I guess this is a plus for people who need gluten-free options. But since I don't have issues with gluten, the banana muffin I had didn't taste as good. =)
And I'd like to reiterate my previous review: if considering a BW Plus, make sure that the building is new (and not by looking at the professionally-taken photos as the one in rockville, maryland was deceiving). The one at St Albert is new and with Hwy 216 now completed, it's easier to get to St Albert from the Edmonton International Airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We travel to Edmonton 4 to 5 times a year and usually stay in South Edmonton. The BW we normally stay at is not pet friendly. We stayed at a few other pet friendly hotels around Edmonton and were less than impressed. The area across the street is perfect for pets and their is a dog park a few minutes away by car.

I would 100% recommend the Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert. We had an issue with our room upon checking in (room smelled like cigarette smoke) and the front staff immediately assigned us to another room and offered to help us move our luggage.

The staff are friendly, it is in a great location, the grounds are clean. Plus there is a free breakfast which was delicious. The rooms are updated, clean and quiet. The pool area seemed very popular for the families that stayed there. We will be booking this BW again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Ab
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed we here on a weekend getaway for the family to West Edmonton Mall. Hotels near the mall where on average $50-100/night more and did not include breakfast, which for a family of 5 can be an additional $35-60 as well. So for the 15-20 minute drive this was a fantastic compromise! The hotel is clean and new and the breakfast is great! Rooms are a nice size, with nice TV's, and the pool area is pretty good, but lacking any slides or anything for the kids. I would have rated it higher but nothing really stood out as amazing, and the single elevator is beyond SLOW, so there was often a wait to/from our room (hint: use the stairs!). Good value overall, would stay again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and it was a wonderful experience. When we checked in early (around 2pm), our room wasn't ready, So they upgraded us to the executive suite for the 6 nights that we stayed. The staff was really friendly and helpful. We had two TVs, a small kitchen-like area with k-cup machine, sofa in the living room, and a huge king size bed in the other room. The washrooms and the rooms were clean and well maintained (no mold, dirt or anything). The hot breakfast was lovely! It actually motivated me to get up early to enjoy a rotation of boiled eggs, egg wraps, sausages, bacon, french toast, muffin, bagels, bread, waffles, yogurt, and large selection of cereal. It was probably the best selection I've had at any best western (I've stayed at about 10 best westerns all over North America). The location was convenient since it was a 2 minute walking distance to Tim Horton's and Wendy's, and it was nearby Sobey's and another grocery store.

My only complaint was the maid sometimes didn't empty the garbage or clean the washroom up to my standards. Also, there was only one elevator and I couldn't find the stairs, so sometimes I had to wait a while. Apart from that, no other complaint. Overall, I will be staying at this hotel for a couple nights in April and will be recommending this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Very friendly, helpful staff. The room was lovely - very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was good - the usual continental choices, plus waffles (with an asortment of toppings) hot hard boiled eggs, and tortilla breakfast wraps. Very easy to get in and out of the parking lot, and there's a Tim Horton's & Wendy's next door.

Weather was very cold when I was there, and I was releived to see there were plug-ins available throughout the lot. The front desk staff even offered me an extension cord.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed there for three nights on a recent business trip. My room wasn't ready yet so they immediately upgraded me to a suite. Room was very nice two rooms and the bed was really comfortable. Room was very clean.The hot breakfast was great. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at St. Albert? Share your experiences!