“Thai food Progreso/Chicxulub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Thai food Progreso/Chicxulub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

ThaiFlash is a welcome change from the usual places in the Progreso area. Located between the one way streets connecting Progreso and Chicxulub, it is easy to find if you are coming from Progreso. The choices are limited, basically curries, pad thai, rice and a Thai beef special. The mojitos are excellent. My only disappointment was that they did have the tom yum soup. The fresh spring rooms were winners. The tab for five persons with two starters, four mojitos and an excellent dessert (a chocolate cake from a French pastry chef in Merida) was $900 Mex. compared to US Thai restaurants , I would rate it above average. For the Yucatan, it is the best we have found in eight years of travel.

Enjoy

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Merida, Mexico
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We finally made the drive out to Progresso from Merida to try Thai Flash. We had been fortunate enough taste Chris and Jesus's food during their start-up phase but it was nothing like what we were served yesterday. The appetizers we tried, both the fresh and crispy Spring Rolls served with a light dipping sauce where wonderful. We ordered the Thai Basil Fried Rice and Shrimp Pad Thai for our entrees, INCREDIBLE!! The dishes were perfectly prepared with all fresh ingredients and portions large enough to share...we each took some home! I do not know who the genius is behind the Thai Basil and Lemon Grass Mojito (I'll give credit to both) is just too good for words. The location, which is a little challenging to find the first time, is off the main roads so it is very quiet and peaceful. The owners have created a lovely dining area filled with natural light during the day and lit with authentic Thai lanterns at night. We shall return!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Fantastic Thai Flash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Incredible meal with gregarious hosts!! Our meals were tasty and fresh. The presentation was tantalizing and so were our hosts, Jesus and Chris. Best Thai food in Mexico!!

• Visited December 2012
Alameda, California
“Thai food in the yucutan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I never thought I would be eating Thai food in Merida or Progresso. Then a friend took my wife and I too Thai Flash. The food was dry good and authentic. We had a great time. The appetizers and salads were extremely good. The entrees were also very good but limited to Pad Thai and curries. I look forward to a more extensive menu in the future. I almost forgot about the dessert. I am a. Chocoholic and the dessert was one of the best chocolate cakes I have had in a restaurant.
Try this restaurant and you will love it as much as I do. The owner is great and talks with the guests all the time.

After dinner we had a great beach walk while we digested the food. Overall we couldn't be more pleased. Can't wait to go. back Highest recommendation.

Progreso, Mexico
“Wish they would adopt me!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Because then I could partake of Thai Flash's BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED, HEALTHY, DELICIOUS food every day!! The appetizers, main course selections and desert are all incredibly delicious. The owners, Chris and Jesus, are always adding to the .menu, and the mojitos are, well, not to be missed; by far the best I've ever tasted. The decor is serene and so tasteful while still being warm and welcoming. Chris and Jesus always come to greet clients, and are extremely helpful. The service is great. But of course the main reason we go to restaurants is for the FOOD. THAI FLASH PROGRESO delivers every time, no matter which menu items you choose. I know because I've tasted them all..
From downtown Progreso, it's a 5 minute drive to this tasteful gem of a restaurant and the best Thai food I've ever experienced. It alone is worth a trip to Progreso! Can you tell I'm a huge fan who'll dine there again and again? YOU BET!!!

• Visited September 2012