“what a fantastic spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 attractions in Progreso
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The beaches of Yucatan are excellent for kiteboarding with calm seas all year round and no strong currents it's an ideal place for learning.10 months of wind a year makes it one of the most promising places in this sport in Mexico and many parts of the world.
New York City, New York
“what a fantastic spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The house sits on the water!!!!! the amenities are clean and comfortable. The wind was awesome (every day) blowing between 14 to 25. It s super safe. This is the place to learn to kite or practice your tricks or just ride. I really enjoyed it and recommend anyone who is interested in kiting to go there.

Tulum
“Awesome Instructing at Kite Beach Yucatan!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Kite Beach Yucatan is a great place to start your kitesurfing adventures! Jessica Winkler who owns the school is a fantastic kiteboarder and awesome instructor! Although I had had some previous lessons before, Jessica was able to teach me many new techniques that were vital to me getting on the board and riding. Her instructors are knowledgeable, patient and fun and friendly. The location of the kite school is great because there is no traffic in the water and the water is shallow enough for beginners to learn. Progreso also gets wind all year round so is good for all levels.

Warsaw, Poland
“Kite Beach Yucatan - my kite holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I spent few weeks in Progresso , in Jessica kite spot., in March 2012.

I remeber , when I hear about that for the first time, I was just looking at the map and asked where the hell is that... Progresso... what is there? is anything there ?
But this became the tradition : the best place are those, you can not find in first in the row guide book... I came there and I found wonderful, small, cosy village, full of friendly local people☺)) the villa is just on the beach, and I still remember morning coffee ritual with Jessica. Actually the daily rituals , that was something which amazed me there... The same time , the same think : lady jogging @7am, couple walking every afternoon, another lady walking with the dogs @4pm.. and many more – I will leave that for you to discover. After 2 days , you feel like beeing since years ....
I would like to mention hospitality, but ...what can I say more good then others... Well, I would like to add one thing – as I am hammock addicted, and at the time I arrived , there was none hanging, Jessica found one and with suport of one gentleman we install that next day. Like at home..
There are some attraction nearby , Merida for evening drink and hang –outs in nice bar and restaurants, Mayan ruins- not so crowded as all other landmarks , cenothes – those one used by the locals but amazing ☺)) If you want to go a little bit of the beaten truck – that is the place to go.
As for the kite, good conditions and save water ☺) Jessica is not only making lessons, she is animates the kite live there – and that was the most pleasent experince I had there – real kite funs !
And one more thing: the ambiance... this is always created by good vibes of „master“ and I may only thanks Jessica for that. See You in Progresso one day☺))

Visited March 2012
kitebeachyucatan, Owner at Kite Beach Yucatan Kiteboarding School, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We absolutely loved having you here, you are a gem of a girl and we hope to see you annually! Thank you very much for the review :)
Ozone Park, New York
4 attraction reviews
“consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Combined with the cheap cost of living/visiting Progreso I would seriously recommend this spot for fast sailing sports especially the kitesurfing. I was staying down the beach from the school and had no plans to get lessons but eventually couldn't resist based on my general windsport addiction
As an old time wind sports person I was impressed with the consistency of the conditions at the beach in Progreso. During my visit there was sufficient surf/swell so I imagine there it would be an also be an excellent training location once familiar with the basics.

My instruction was one on one and I was very happy with the ratio of time vs progress. Equipment for teaching seemed high quality as evident from it being used by instructors for personal sailing.

I had fun and gave it 4/5 rating as I have not tried any other kitesurfing schools to compare with.
I would seriously consider another vacation here based on my experience.

Boulder, Colorado
“Jessica Winkler Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Jessica is a bad [--] kiteboarder!!! It was wonderful staying in her beautiful, spacious, clean Villa. Complete with "Number" Juan chef, his meals were healthy, balanced and super tasty! We all Juanted to take him home with us! As far as the lessons go, she is one amazing teacher. Having never kiteboarded before I was amazed at how well she delivered and shared the knowledge of this sport. I always felt safe when she was in the water with me. Kiteboarding is awesome. Thank you to Jess for teaching me my new sport.:)

Visited November 2012
vilavento, Owner at Kite Beach Yucatan Kiteboarding School, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We really enjoyed having you ladies here for the women's kite camp. We look forward to hearing about your progress in the sport! Come visit us again soon :)