“Superb location right on sea front” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Hotel

Save Saved
You added Aquarius Hotel to your Saves list
Aquarius Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zeekant 110, 2586 JJ Scheveningen, The Hague, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Scheveningen
“Superb location right on sea front”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

It's very difficult to find a small hotel with a bar in Scheveningen and as this hotel included this service we booked here for 4 nights only to discover bar only opens in summer!! (We usually stay at the Badhotel but fully-booked)
However not a huge problem as very friendly pub just up the road.
Rooms adequate - breakfast very good and management efficient.

• Stayed March 2014

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here for three night and I loved the place. My room was clean (bathroom sparkling) and excellent for the price given the hotel's location. During the first night, the room was very cold for me. Later next morning I realized the top window was slightly open...few hours after I closed it, the room temperature became ok . Breakfast included was a plus, Wi-Fi worked really well. I will definitely stay here again when next I visit Den Haag!.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend, in a room with excellent view at the sea and the pier. The room was quite large and had everything you might expect. Because the hotel is spread over adjacent buildings, you have to walk outside the hotel to the breakfast room, which is no problem at all. Breakfast is quite extensive and of excellent quality. The hotel lies perfectly for the boulevard and the tram and in the neighbourhood are various restaurants. All in all a good choice for a nice stay at the seafront.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed one night in the summer of 2012. We arrived late after a long bike ride. They stored our bikes in a room at the rear. The hotel is old, but the room we had was fine. The wi-fi also worked well. We had a very good breakfast, and the owner recommended a good Italian type restaurant nearby, where we got our first drink free because we followed her recommendation. Scheveningen seemed like a down-market Blackpool and we were there on a very wet and windy day, so we didn't see it at it's best. The hotel was good enough and we would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend, looks a bit past it's best from the outside and inside is the same, breakfast was fine, welcome was slightly off putting, arrived at same time as other guests and lady on reception appeared a bit flustered and dismissive of us appeared to think we were all one group. Room was OK, good view to sea, it is in an excellent situation easy walking to town, beach, shops etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a nice Hotel for a relaxing weekend out.....or a midweek stay.....
I like to stay in this Hotel when visiting the Netherlands.........
The layout, a combination of buildings can be somewhat confusing, you get used to it fast.
Location is great, right on the boardwalk and beach....., steps away from the Tram terminal
Many attractions in the area.
Parking (reserve with your reservation)lot in front of the Hotel which is hard to find in Scheveningen.
Bicycle's for rent, half day, day, week....
Clean comfortable rooms, (ask for Sea view) very friendly staff, (feels like home) good breakfast buffet, choices for everyone
Inhouse dining is limited, (learn the schedule) but very good.
Many places for lunch or dinner to choose from, at the boardwalk and in the area
Join guests at the Hotel Bar for an after dinner nightcap, you will be treated like family..
Very plesant, higly recommended.......

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I give this property four stars based upon the value for money - meaning I'm ranking it with other comparable budget properties, and not in the same vein as more physically-beautiful hotels which I've awarded 4 stars, such as the London May Fair. (Comparing apples to apples...)

So, in the category of hotels where you just want an inexpensive place to stay where location is one of the most important factors, this property delivers.

As noted by the property on its booking sites, there is no elevator. So if you have really heavy suitcases, request a lower-floor property. Upon check-in, the lovely front desk clerk carried my case up the narrow, winding staircase.

The single room is simply, but more than adequately, decorated. I was lucky enough to receive a sea-view room, and was pleased that the windows opened to let in the breeze. There was ample and varied lighting, and everything was clean. I could have used a full-length mirror, though, and the weird shelf placement behind the bed was so low that I hit my head on it when trying to read in bed. It could also probably do with some new carpeting and there was no hair dryer in my room.

I was a bit late for breakfast one morning, but the gentleman in charge kindly fixed me a plate which was more than adequate - he didn't have to do this, but I sure appreciated it. Upon departure, the lady checking me out offered me a coffee while I was waiting for my taxi. Most of the staff I encountered were extremely pleasant.

In sum, this is a quaint and friendly hotel which offers excellent value for your money - it's certainly not the Kurhaus, but nor is it trying to be.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Aquarius Hotel? Share your experiences!