“Disappountment” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Scheveningen
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Despite of the Dutch text we do speak our languages. Op internet zijn veel uitstekende beoordelingen geschreven over ons, de gouden pollepel een 8, De Gault Millau heeft ons in 2011 en 2012 een lievelingsadres genoemd, Koos Versteeg van Den Haag Centraal een 8.5, Ton Elias heeft ons gekozen als zijn favoriete restaurant in het boekje "binnenhof eet buiten".... Kom ons ook proberen......... Brasserie Het Gouden Kalf is gelegen aan de lange kant van de tweede binnenhaven. Wij hebben een levensgrote flyer buiten hangen om het u makkelijker te maken ons te vinden, de ingang is aan de waterkant. Parkeren gratis voor de deur!
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“Disappountment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Rather disappointed... Tasty dishes but very limited quantity missing ingredients and very slow but friendly service.
Not recommended

Milano
“high quality restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was there for dinner and I really appreciated the food and the service; so I came back the following night and I was equally satisfied.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and not too pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The Chef's menu is very good and also affordable. The staff are very friendly and the restaurant has a great atmosphere. The location is not ideal and it's a bit difficult to get to if you are a tourist and don't know the area and the local transport very well but it's still worth the trek there. They are also very attentive to any dietary requirements which was very helpful.

Visited April 2014
“Visita de trabalho!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Excellence.. Superb service. The food is sophisticated, good wine list. Good place to stay the end of the day with a good company!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Sunset Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

A birthday celebration was the excuse to travel to Scheveningen harbour for dinner at The Golden Calf. My Dutch partner had been there before. Not the most inviting restaurant from the outside, but a lovely atmosphere once through the doors. We were given a table overlooking the boats, with the sun setting in front of us. Neither my partner nor I felt we could manage the set menu so we studied the a la carte. I'm not a great fish person and if this is a problem with you, check the menu available. There was only one possibility for me - tenderloin of beef - which suited, but could have been a problem. The menu's are dependent on what the chef buys, almost on a day to day basis. My partner had the sole, cooked with scallops in a delicious (she tells me) white sauce. The wines offered were good, my Rumanian Pinot Noir was a great surprise and the service good. I ordered the "Werther" creation as a desert which was shared and amazing. We ate on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was full so book to be sure.

• Visited May 2014