“not that amazing” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Lengkuas Island located in the waters of the Belitung Island, and is about 30 minutes away by boat from Tanjung Kelayang beach or Tanjung Binga in District Sijuk, Belitung.In Lengkuas Island there is Lighthouse, built by Dutch colonial in 1882 and still actively working for marine navigation. Visitors must wash feet with fresh water before entering the lighthouse buildings constructed of steel, because the sea water can cause rust on the building. From the lighthouse, you can see beauty of the white sandy beaches on the island with giant granite rocks and clear sea water greenish.
4 attraction reviews
“not that amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

People say this island is the number one attraction. I didn't find anything interesting beside the great view from the top of the lighthouse. The beach was dirty maybe because people visit this island to eat lunch at the beach.

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
8 attraction reviews
“Do you want to see heaven-like view?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Well, you just need to visit Lengkuas Island, and climb up the lighthouse...

I and my friends visited Belitung Island in May 2013, and it was just the right time (I think) to visit Lengkuas Island. We took a boat from Kepayang Beach, and reached Lengkuas Island at 10.30 or 11.00 AM. It had not been crowded of visitors, just a few. We enjoyed the beach, and then climbed up the lighthouse. We stopped 2 times before reaching the top, but it was really worth the effort! When I saw the view from the lighthouse, well, just like I said at the beginning, it's heavenly. At least for me and my friends.

A word of advise, make sure you book the boat at least a day before your trip to the island. We saw some tourist did not get one since the every boat has been booked at that time.
You can also do snorkeling activities there, but we did not do it since we wanted to visit other small islands.

Visited May 2013
8 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

i enjoy the view, but i wouldn't advice you to go up the lighthouse though I did it, I don't think it safe..

Visited June 2013
Bogor
33 attraction reviews
“you can miss the lighthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

what come in your mind when you see the combination of beach, sea, sun, shallow water, coral PLUS the lighthouse? maybe the picture of nirvana on summer times. i'm not bluffing here, because that was what I saw when I visited lengkuas island from 300 meters distance.

on ground 0 of Lengkuas Island, you will be greeted by some turtles. Some are 2 weeks old and you can get the picture together there.

Go to the extra miles, climb to the top of the lighthouse and see the bird-eye view of Belitung Island. The Beach, and the rocks, that's Rocks!

Visited July 2012
Jakarta
3 attraction reviews
“Happening island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Lengkuas island is the must visited island if we're going for hopping island. There's mercusuar in this island where we can go to the top of it and enjoy am amazing view from the top. No lift there and we should use our own foot going onto stairway. Dont worry, you can stop by on each floor and going to the window to see the difference view on it. Most people will take a lunch in this island and some of them also doing barbeque here. The most delicious lunch you will have ever after.

Visited March 2013