“A Comfortable Quiet Hotel with Helpful Staffs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Billiton Hotel and Klub

You added Billiton Hotel and Klub to your Saves list
Billiton Hotel and Klub
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Depati Gegedek No. 50 | Tanjung Pandan, Belitung Island, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Belitung Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A Comfortable Quiet Hotel with Helpful Staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I chose this hotel based on their online reviews and booked it from their website in late January 2013. The manager, Mr. Wahyu Brata responded very promptly and offered me a honeymoon package for my trip. The honeymoon package includes transportation from and to the airport, 2 nights accommodation, and a candle-light dinner specially arranged for us with various menu selection. We also received a free room upgrade for our trip. Communication with Mr. Wahyu was fast and smooth.

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel's driver who shared his knowledge about the city where the hotel is located. The hotel itself has a simple architecture, and was built from an old building. It was very quiet except for the summer-y crickets noise and occasional barking dogs kept next door (can't be heard from inside the room, fortunately). The hotel's decoration was modest, the hallway was adorned by an old bicycle and botanical illustrations on the wall. The room was clean and smelled very nice. The bed and toilet were spacious. There was no wardrobe on the room but an area to hang clothes and a pedestal to put your luggage were provided. The shower has very slippery floor tiles so you should take extra care of elderly people and children.

The hotel's breakfast buffet offered the standard: toasts, eggs (cooked upon request), juice, coffee, tea, rice, and noodles. Our candle-light dinner included in the trip was great, though. There were many local restaurants within walking and biking distance outside of the hotel, and I recommend you to try them while staying here. There's a famous coffee shop where locals go to play chess and chat nearby, as well as a shopping center.

Mr. Wahyu also helped us with bike and car-renting during our stay. He was kindly enough to show me how to ride a 2-seated bike so my husband and I could bike around the neighborhood on our first day. I hurt my foot when biking and the hotel's staffs were quick to get me a first-aid kit and profusely apologized for the accident, which totally has nothing to do with the hotel. On our 2nd day, we rented a car for half a day ($30, $60 for a full day but it has been raining earlier) and again the hotel staff also helped with renting a boat for island hopping.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay during my trip. The only downside was the weather, and it's recommended to travel here during the summer (May - September). There were so many activities we could have done that had to be cancelled because of the rain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked this hotel due to tripadvisor and I am really appreciated.
with 2 kids (3 yrs and yrs old), we have a deluxe room for 3D 2N trip.
The Hotel's manager is Wahyu Brata. He helps a lot even though some mis-communication with the staff and he tried to compensate on time. We had car rental for tour by ourselves from hotel. The driver's quality from Hotel is good and can service 12 hours (the staff told me 8 hrs so I walked out for dinner in first night but Brata found this error in second day and tried to compensate ) I can feel his honest and strongly suggest you can check your travel details with him especially for expats. We know little bahasa and cannot do very intensive tour due to kids so we just hire a driver only. The driver also went with us for island hopping to make sure every thing went smoothly.

As to hotel itself, it is very clean and spacious. staff is very friendly and helpful. bed is kind of soft.

Room Tip: we live in first floor near pool. I think should be OK for all rooms actually.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on 3-5 January 2013. We took along our 2 little daughters. The hotel is managed by the Dharmawangsa Jakarta. Its location is exactly in the middle of the Tanjung Pandan city. You can just walk to the nearest shopping center, Puncak and Bharata. Behind the hotel, there's a very well-known traditional Belitung coffee shop.

The hotel is very clean and has a very good ambience. The TV in the room is still bulky style...but it's ok as they have cable TV channels. The wi-fi facility is fast enough.

The breakfast menu was quite boring but the staffs were so friendly and took initiative to comfort the guests.

The bathroom tiles are quite slippery...so please be careful if you stay there with children.

The hotel also provides a car rental service but better if you rent car from outside as the rental fee will be 50% cheaper than rented from the hotel.

You will not find Billiton Hotel billboard in front of the gate nor the buiding.

Room Tip: 1st floor room facing the pool is nicer. You can access to the pool and restaurant easier from the r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have our wedding anniversary trip to Belitung and since this is our first time, we just choose hotel in the city center. Since I saw in web, I have good feeling of this hotel... actually we felt bit worry what the hotel looks like in a small island. Hotel staffs really gave us attention from our reservation until we left this beautiful island. They handled us very well from our pick up airport, room and our traveling schedule. We arrived by 12pm and decided to went straight away to hotel, check in was smooth, I really impressed of hotel cleanliness, and friendliness of staffs. Not more than 5 minutes of check in process, we got our room (and they served us welcome drink) and walah! the room is so clean, having direct access to pool and we got welcome traditional gift which so impressed us... Restaurant is ok, taste food and service are ok...we felt like having lunch or brakfast in our own dining room but we think that actually hotel must improve and add the variety of breakfast choice with that hotel price also the choice of TV channel. One thing that I amaze...the service of staffs, especially Agus- receptionist; after 2 days stay in the city, we decide to stay in resort area, so we did check out from hotel and made another reservation for upcoming 2 days... we arrived back at 9am, the room was ready (the same room as our previous stay!), and all my request on previous stay: hair dryer, extra pillow and praying mat have been placed in and also our suitcase! wooowww.... for this kind of extra miles services in a small island! In addition, they are really good advisor of our trip as we did not take a trip package and they arrange our private tour with best driver and guide - Pak Empong... Readers, you absolutely have to stay in this hotel when you decide to visit Belitung island....

Room Tip: Request room in ground floor, you will have direct access to pool and restaurant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tangerang, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed there with 28 other family members. The hotel is classic colonial style building, I like that it is clean in every area of the hotel. Bedroom is big even for standard room, wi-fi is fast enough for everyone, bed is comfy. Unfortunately the breakfast spread is really not much and sometimes it is not prepare on time, it starts at 6am-10am but sometimes it is served late. Please add more such as some meat, cereals, etc. I also like to point out on the amenities of the hotel, I think every room needs coffee/tea and fridge.
Overall, I thanked the hotel for accommodating me and my large number of family. We enjoyed our stay there and hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: you should definitely pick the one on the ground floor next to the swimming pool :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

there is a wonderful smell once you enter the corridors of this hotel and the rooms are really nice and clean. the staff will do everything to help you during your stay and the breakfast has a lot of different options.
the hotel is in the "city center" and a 10 minutes walk from tanjung pandan beach (go there for restaurants and night life).
it's a little bit expensive but if you don't mind about paying 30-40 dollars more then go there. otherwise see my other reviews to find a cheaper option closer to tanjung pandan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is very well maintained, its cleanliness especially, from the front office area to every single corner on the bathroom. Hotel staffs are very helpful and they've gone extra miles to make guests stay as pleasant as possible. Early check in was allowed long before normal time (9.30 am!) and late check in was also possible. Breakfast was great, fairly enough of choices including localities. Perfectly located at the heart of Tanjung Pandan.

Room Tip: Try to ask room facing the pool as that's the only relieving view you'll get.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Billiton Hotel and Klub? Share your experiences!