“Disgusted and dumped” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oroklini
London, United Kingdom
“Disgusted and dumped”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I pre booked with e-bookers and after confirmation ensured that Antonis G was informed that my flight arrival was late evening so would be checking in after 11pm.
I phoned them form airport no answer. The place was not near to the beach in Larnaca as suggested but a village moles away and 3 miles from nearest beach OK that''s a side issue. I arrive and fortunately the driver stayed with me as place closed compleetly up I telephone the number a lot of times but finally when they answered they just hung up and put the phone on the hook.
The place was derelict even though we shouted to gain anyones attention, no one was aparrently in residence. I was now forced to an expensive Taxi ride and alternative accommodation.I have since realised that Their lousy reputation goes before them like a banner. They are also immune to any complaints from e-bookers and tried to suggest that they had left instructions as to a night number on the doors of the Hotel, true but they refused to answer any calls. The whole site was as if they had not opened up for the season the pool was dry.
I wouldn't even recommend this Hotel to my best friend let alone an enemy, it's obvious the owners character and disinterest in his clients is in character with other complaints on this forum
note ebookers have looked into this complaint and refunded me my prepayment

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Oroklini
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Very dirty room and bathroom. Had to clean the toilet before I dared to sit on it. The pool was closed. No sea view as promised but view on a narrow very noisy street. I had to pay in advance (gave 50 €) but was not reimbursed when I left the next day because it was really too filty. When I explained why I didn't want to stay anymore, the Manager insulted me, threatened to hit me (I'm a 65 yrs old lady). He threw my suitcase and belongings through the window on to the street.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Oroklini hotels

beirut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

The hotel was empty, we where the only guests.
The room was not too bad, but only for a weekend or a couple of days... I guess that in the summer the swimmingpool will be great, but it was closed.
The lady of the reception tried to cheat us: we had pay at the travel agency where we book and she tried to make us pay again or pay an extra. And she was not very nice.
I won't repeat in this hotel, mainly because in Cyprus there a alot of hotels very very nice and with friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I went to this hotel with my husband and children and I can honestly say this has been the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The day we arrived the owner - Antonis seemed very pleased to see us, he said the summer had been quiet and that he had not had many customers ( now I know why!). When he gave me the room key, he asked for payment up front, I explained that we had booked through Superbreaks and had already paid the travel agent Thomson. He that point became very defensive and said he had never heard of Superbreaks or Thomson and that he wanted the money right now or we could not stay. As I had two young children and it was approaching evening, I really did not need the extra hassle of finding another hotel in the area and for all I know they could have all been full, so I paid him and said I would sort out the refund when I went back to London. Antonis then added another 5 Euros for air conditioning, he asked us if we wanted breakfast, I asked whether he had cereals/toast, he said yes and added another 22 Euros for breakfast. When we entered the room he gave us, my heart dropped, it was dusty, the mirrors had not been cleaned. The towels in the bathroom looked as though they were 50 years old and the A/C unit was only in the main bedroom and the other room with the 2 sofa beds had no A/C. All 4 of us slept in the same bed because we needed the A/C as it was so hot. In the middle of the night the A/c Unit was spitting out dust and the noise started giving us a headache as it was so loud! Breakfast did not include toast, we asked where the cereals were, the owner then disappeared for half an hour and then bought us a Special K cereal box which he said he had taken from his son's apartment . The cutlery was not washed properly either. We then heard Antonis shouting at other customers, his customer service skills are absolutely zero. Before we left we asked for a receipt so I could claim my money back when I arrived home, he responded very rudely "I will". He eventually gave me the receipt, upon checking I realised he had not dated it , so I asked him. He then shouted, you can do it! And walked into his office and slammed the door hard. When he opened the door, we asked him again politely , he did not respond and totally ignored us for the remainder of the time we stayed there. We only stayed there the one night and that was enough! We would never stay there again even if someone paid us!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Greetings from the Swedish ladies Our stay at Antonis G hotel apartments in larnaca was a great experience, This hotel is ideal for people who appreciate a rather quiet and cosy hotel with a warm loving staff and great evening activities. Thank you for making our stay in Larnaca a great experience! And thank you Antonis for the lovely juicy figs that were offered :)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
SYDNEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Firstly this hotel is not in Larnaca, it's located in a village called Oroklini and if u do not wish to drive in Cyprus it costs 12 euros each time u want to go to the main beach in Larnaca called Finikoudes.

A good place for drunken english poms but not for others who want to experience the true Greek Cypriot Culture ( Andonis isn't that Greek anyway)....

I also saw cockroaches in the apartment twice and it was never cleaned.. Discusting! Do not stay in this place and there's no breakfast...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I've spent 2 weeks at this hotel in August andm y experience has been really great.

The price was really low, i couldnt find anything below that price, and the atmosphere was great. The hotel owner was very friendly, and his sons too.. We even used to have a swim together in the pool (which was always very clean) quite often!

The rooms were big, with TV, AC, fridge, kitchen, comfortable beds and so on... In my country i never had such big and furnished rooms, especially for such price.

The girls in the hotel cleaned the rooms on a regular basis, and the entire hotel was clean.

Surely i would love to come back there, because Cyprus is wonderful and i had a great time in this hotel!

• Liked — Clean hotel, friendly staff and owner, great atmosphere, calm, quiet, bar with evens like karoke, quiz shows
  • Disliked — cant find anything bad in it!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Antonis G Hotel Apartment? Share your experiences!