“An Excellent Value of Money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lithos Hotel (Antonis G Hotel)

You added Lithos Hotel (Antonis G Hotel) to your Saves list
Lithos Hotel (Antonis G Hotel)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Anexartisias 17, Oroklini, Larnaka City 7040, Cyprus   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,563 helpful votes
“An Excellent Value of Money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I spent one night at the Antonis G Hotel Apartments in Oroklini on my recent trip to Cyprus.
This is my second visit here. The apartments are spacious with all the amenities needed. There was a special offer those days and until December 2012 a studio for 2 persons costs 35 euro while for 3 costs 40. I found the price attractive and I spent one night to visit some relatives.

The hotel was almost full, and the night I was there, there was a big gathering of people at the premises next to the swimming pool gardens.
The Lithos restaurant which belongs to the same family is being renovated next door and all guests come to the hotel premises. Different activities and events take place every night with much music and quizzes. The majority of these guests are British and they have been coming here for years. I was amazed after talking to a number of them and they were telling me of how they love this place and they enjoy an outing as they told me for so little. They come from the whole district of Larnaca.
The rib portion for instance is unbelievably huge and deliciously roasted. A pint of beer for 2 euro and Mousaka costs 8 euro. Tuna salad is 6.50. Of course there are many more dishes like Stifado (stew) and Afelia or chicken kebab.
I recommend both the apartments and the restaurant as a good choice! I would certainly return.
I will certainly return to the apartments when Lithos will be finished.
There is a bus stop just outside the hotel which goes to Larnaca every hour.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Went to cyprus for diving and stayed for 2 nights. excellent service and really recommend it. the price was also very cheap.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,563 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

This is the second time I visit this hotel in Oroklini.
Some years back the hotel was working in full. Now I was the only visitor here but I still enjoyed it because I had all the attention.

I was given a very comfortable apartment for just 28 euros a night, but it seems that because of the economic crisis this hotel has not worked at all this year.
The hotel manager explained to me that there are 5 apartments which are in use these days and the rest of the hotel is closed up.

Be sure to arrange the exact time of your arrival when you book because in the evenings the owners leave the hotel and stay in their house in Larnaca. I suggest that you have the mobile phone of the owner too.
Larnaca is not very far and there is a bus-stop outside the hotel, however I believe anyone interested to book here should have a car.

At the side of the hotel there is a restaurant called Lithos and which belongs to the owners’s children. Once a week different events take place here and its popular with English people who come to have fun. You can dine here for a change and have fun. It is open every evening.

I would recommend the hotel to people who are on a budget. You might feel a bit uncomfortable in the very beginning but as long as you close the door behind you and you are in your apartment for this little money I am sure you won’t care much if there are other people around or not!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Ramat Gan, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booked three nights there because I couldn’t find nothing cheaper and in good location. The price was 80 Euro but I wasn’t informed by email during correspondence with the owner that for A/C we have to pay additional.
I should suspicious something before during this conversation because it was very rude answers but I thought that maybe Antonis – the owner doesn’t know good English.
We arrived in the morning about 9 am and the receptionist opened us and instead saying “hello, how it was the flight, do you have reservation?” we received “please pay me first and I will give you the key”. So we wanted to see the room first. The room wasn’t to clean but for this price I wouldn’t expect more unless I am not in Asia, so we paid. I wanted to do it by Credit Card but the receptionist call to the owner (by the way he was calling him “sir”) and he refused to accept the credit card. We paid then in advance by cash, left suitcases and went to see the east side of the island. We parked our car near the door for the moment of unpacking the suitcases for 5 minutes and when we were going out the wife of the owner asked us not politely to park in the other place about 100 m from the door.
We returned about 22.00 very happy to spent nice time and after opening the door we’ve got a shock. In the living room there were 3 monster cockroaches. We are living in Israel. Here also we have it during the summer but every year we are doing disinfection in May and we can sleep easy. Those ones which we saw in this hotel was twice bigger that those which we knows from Israel. I started to panic. Even my boyfriend said that he is not going to stay there. I run away and asked the receptionist where I can find the owner. He was seating in the bar with friends and when he saw us he took us aside to the table where was seating also his wife. I told him about the problem and I proposed that we can pay 10 Euro for taking a shower and go away and asked him to give our money back. He was discussing something with his wife in Greek and after reply that he is not going to give us money back because it season and he was keeping the room especially for us. Maybe it was a season but the hotel was almost empty, I noticed only 6 guests during our 3 nights there. Now, I know why it was empty. He proposed us to change a room but I was afraid that if I saw them in this room they are everywhere especially that there was very dirty in all hotel.
Finally, we agreed for changing a room because we haven’t have a choice. We could only sleep in the car but we lost already 80 Euro not to spend 3 nights without shower!!! We asked him for a room on the third floor and the spray against those creatures and A/C free but he told us he can give us only 50% for it and he added that it will be 5 Euro. After few minutes I asked the receptionist how much is the A/C and he replied that 7 Euro. Now, I know why all Antonis’s family is driving Mercedeses. They are cheating on every step your staying there !!! For a luck we had a car and were spending all days outside of the hotel and during nights we kept light on in a case. We were very happy to leave the hotel, so much that we went up at 6 am to run away as soon as possible.
By the way, the village Oroklini is great, nice locations, a lot of tavernas and bars. I can recommend Mandra Tavern with life music after 8.30 and a bakery on the main street. But please keep away from this hotel. You can find an apartments for rent in this village.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I needed a hotel apartment for a week last summer during our visit to Cyprus. This one is very affordable. Our apartment was a one bedroom one. The bathroom needed a little bit of work, but in all the whole apartment was nice. The food at the downstairs restaurant was very tasty. During the weekend there was also enterntainment. The owner and his wife were very nice to us considering that my hairdryer shut the power off in half of the building and us locking ourselves out in our balcony and he had to come and let us back in even though he was very busy downstairs. The there was the sweet yaya (the owner's mom). In the evenings we sat with her by the pool and just talked. In all, I would recommend this hotel and if we need a place to stay again, we would definately book this one.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I pre booked with e-bookers and after confirmation ensured that Antonis G was informed that my flight arrival was late evening so would be checking in after 11pm.
I phoned them form airport no answer. The place was not near to the beach in Larnaca as suggested but a village moles away and 3 miles from nearest beach OK that''s a side issue. I arrive and fortunately the driver stayed with me as place closed compleetly up I telephone the number a lot of times but finally when they answered they just hung up and put the phone on the hook.
The place was derelict even though we shouted to gain anyones attention, no one was aparrently in residence. I was now forced to an expensive Taxi ride and alternative accommodation.I have since realised that Their lousy reputation goes before them like a banner. They are also immune to any complaints from e-bookers and tried to suggest that they had left instructions as to a night number on the doors of the Hotel, true but they refused to answer any calls. The whole site was as if they had not opened up for the season the pool was dry.
I wouldn't even recommend this Hotel to my best friend let alone an enemy, it's obvious the owners character and disinterest in his clients is in character with other complaints on this forum
note ebookers have looked into this complaint and refunded me my prepayment

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Oroklini
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Very dirty room and bathroom. Had to clean the toilet before I dared to sit on it. The pool was closed. No sea view as promised but view on a narrow very noisy street. I had to pay in advance (gave 50 €) but was not reimbursed when I left the next day because it was really too filty. When I explained why I didn't want to stay anymore, the Manager insulted me, threatened to hit me (I'm a 65 yrs old lady). He threw my suitcase and belongings through the window on to the street.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroklini
San Remo Hotel
Achilleos City Hotel
Achilleos City Hotel
#4 of 41 in Larnaka City
4.5 of 5 stars 256 reviews

Been to Lithos Hotel (Antonis G Hotel)? Share your experiences!