“Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Oroklini, Larnaka City CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
London
“Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night with work on 30th November. Hotel is around 15 mins from the airport. Reception staff were nice and we was checked in quickly. Rooms were ok i would rate the rooms within the hotel building 3*. The beds were hard and the pillows were lumpy. Balcony was a good size with plenty of room.
The bar area of the hotel is lovely with an outside seating area by the pool. The hotel had a very relaxed atmosphere.
The bungalow area of the hotel is lovely, the rooms are fantastic and modern. In the bungalow section of the hotel they have there own pool and pool bar.
Breakfast there was a good selection of food and drinks.
The hotel is a 5 min taxi from the hotel and is lovely with a mixture or old taverna's mixed in with new modern upmarket bars an resturants and an traditional church. The promanade is lovely for a walk in the evening by the sea.
I would used the palm beach again but i would stay in the bungalows part of the hotel as this part of the hotel is 4*
If you get a great deal you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chalfont Saint Peter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

The Palm Beach hotel is a lovely hotel on the beach, my husband and I have found that everything about this hotel is to the highest standard possible. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the food in the restaurants is excellent. There is a breakfast buffet with everything you could possibly want, english , continental, fresh fruit , yoghurts,cerals, cakes, croissants, fruit juices, coffee tea and much more. All served with a wonderful greeting from the breakfast manager.

We can only speak as we find. We have since 1988 stayed at this hotel 19 times. We found it by accident because the hotel next door we wanted to book was full at the time. The staff are very friendly and make us feel at home the minute we walk through the door.

We are now both in our seventies so enjoy the peaceful gardens and surroundings to relax in. There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas supplied by the smiling pool attendants. Fresh beach towels are provided in your room. There is nice music played in the bar most nights. There are always families with young children here although not really a lot for teenagers wanting the night life, although Larnaca town, where there is lots going on and plenty to do, is only 15 minutes away by car. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and a taxi office within the hotel grounds.

We both hope that we can go to this gem of an hotel for many years to come.

Worcester park, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

We have had many visits to the Palm Beach Hotel (12). The staff are always welcoming, friendly and service is with a smile. The room is clean and the seaview is marvellous. The buffet breakfast is excellent as is the dinner in the restaurant. Lunch at the Seabreeze by the pool is very very good particularly the Lamb Kleftiko. We always look forward to our next visit and highly recommend this hotel for a holiday as it is so relaxing.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

First time in Cyprus, for a wedding. First impressions of the hotel, reception area and room were very impressive. Arrangement for breakfast was outstanding as was the quality and variety of the food. All staff from manager to gardeners were very helpful and did everything to make our stay enjoyable.
We found it quiet and restful and especially enjoyed the pool area and gardens.
Local restuarants served excellent local food, Within 5-15 mins walking distance.
Early morning and evening walks along the beach most enjoyable and felt safe to be out and about on foot.

Lyon, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Unbelievably BAD hotel! I'm very surprised at how bad this hotel is after having read so many nice reviews about it on Trip Advisor.

- I booked my room via their website and asked for a taxi to pick me up at the airport. This was an option on their booking form on the website, and so I decided to take it. To my surprise, I landed and there was noone waiting for me at the airport! When I arrived at the hotel last night (at around 11.30pm) the concierge didn't even say hello to me when I arrived and didn't apologise when I told him I was expecting a taxi for me at the airport. He said that there must have been a problem with the internet but not once did he apologise for this.

- Then he took me up to my room and opened the room for me to show me around. He showed me the minibar and opened it up, put his hand inside (as though to check it was working...???). I think the man must have been tired or something, but he really didn't make an effort to smile or anything. So I didn't appreciate the welcome I received.

- Just to confirm, I checked the fridge earlier on and it is hot. The drinks inside are NOT cold...and the fridge door looks so unattractive and dirty on the outside.

- The room in general is quite out of date (i'm in room 435) and everything just seems old. The water doesn't come out of the shower very fast either. The room isn't sufficiently lighted. I find it very dark in here. Only good thing is the view from the balcony on the sea...

- Breakfast was okay. Nice choice of food, but the hot food was actually cold. I had some baked beans and scrambled eggs...all cold!!! But the waitors at the restaurant were very friendly though. One good point at least.

- Great views of the beach. Beach towels were given in the room. Very friendly guy who works at the hotel came to make sure my sun lounger was okay and brought me a matress for it. That was nice.

- Asked the receptionist to order me a taxi for Larnaca and she wasn't very smiley. I looked like I bothered her more than anything!

- In general, very disappointed with the hotel. I will never stay here again, nor will I recommend the hotel to friends or family. I stayed at the Golden Bay hotel last time...I should have stayed there this time!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Lovely hotel. We enjoyed our time there so much. The rooms are airy, clean and comfortable. The food is very good, but one tip is to share a meal at lunch time from the beach bar, as two were just too much for us.
The sea is lovely and clean and wonderful to swim in as it is so shallow for such a long way out.
The staff are just lovely and cannot do enough to help you.
We will definately be going back.

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Hotel already "remember" many guests but is well maintained and clean. Located directly on the beach.
Very good room and also beach service with set standards. (All included in regular price).
We experienced fantastic cuisine. Very reach breakfest (buffet) and incredible dinners. Apreciated also by kids.
All stuff really know what world customer service means.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!