“Wedding on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Oroklini, Larnaka City CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
essex UK
“Wedding on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We booked our wedding at this hotel and although slow to correspond with us, when we did arrive they did everything they could to help us .
The food and beverage manager, was very helpful indeed and the other staff were extremely helpful and freindly, nothing was too much trouble and our wedding in a gazebo on the beach was beautiful.
The rooms were clean and spacious, the only complaint was the air conditioning is not. as efficiant as expected. The facilitys at this hotel were excellent in our opinion.
We would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recomend the venue.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Falmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Very comfortable well furnished room in the bungalow facility, convenient access to one of the four swimming pools.
High standard of food served buffet style
Also casual snacks available in the bar
Health Spa

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Meals, Tea and Coffee were acceptable, if a bit expensive. Sea view room was clean, quiet, well maintained. All staff were pleasent, but a bit slow / laid back.
There is a shallow beach outside the hotel, and there are plenty of loungers if you want one. good gardens and pools.
We walked into Larnaca {6 miles - 1hr 45mins} but it is easier to take the small 'Taxi bus' from the bus stop outside, 1Euro 30 {10 min journey, every 30-40 mins}
There is a good selection of resturants and bars within a few minutes walk.
The best of these is 'Vetrianos' {directly opposit from the hotel} about 20 Euro cheaper than hotel. the fillet stake diane was superb.
Enjoy.......

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Nicosia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night during a weekend in February. The hotel is very good regarding the rooms and location (if you have a car). Breakfast was fine but dinner was mediocre

But I would definitely not go there ever again, and would not recommend it to any of my friends because of the very unprofessional service I received from the staff at the reception

We got there and went straight to the reception to check in. They informed me that they had to take my credit card details because of reasons like taking something from the mini bar. I gave them my card knowing that they just took my card details and did not charge it. Little I knew that they would block 50 Euros from my account without even telling me!!! I tried to avoid giving them my card, but they insisted and I eventually gave up because the alternative was to leave and go home.

Next day when we checked out, I paid cash for all the charges we had and asked what will happen to my credit card details. The girl at the reception (different that the one of the previous day) told me that my details will be destroyed and the 50 Euros will be unblocked from my account. That was the first time I heard about blocking 50 Euros from my account! (first unprofessional error = blocking 50 Euros from my account without even telling me! which I am pretty sure it is illegal too)

Came back home, and been checking my account since then. It's been over a week and the 50 Euros are still not unblocked by the hotel. (Second unprofessional error = telling me that a fax was already sent when I checked out for unblocking the 50 Euros and that it would take up to 3 days to unblock the amount, which was an utter lie!)

I am very disappointed, even angry at them, for this incident. The excuse "this is what happens with every customer" cannot be considered as an excuse for this unprofessional behaviour

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

I paid £40 a night for this hotel B & B not the €75 euros they quoted, on arrival they said €10 per day for wifi access and €10 per day for the spa which should have been free for this class of hotel. Breakfast good choice, room not bad except beds had plastic undersheet which made them uncomfortable. Housekeeping standards were good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

famagusta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed there before and had liked it but this time found the service and hotel not as good as it used to be. Staff at reception were nice when they finally decided I was waiting to be served... The rooms were pleasant enough, but the washed out curtains and bedspreads looked shabby, but my biggest problem was with the dirty carpet! Lovely location and could be a nice place to stay but I will be looking for another hotel for my occasional nights in Larnaka.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and it does offer a great deal for travellers. The location is idyllic, the awesome palm trees and gorgeous gardens, the beach and pools, superb food and friendly service. I saw a couple getting married at the small white washed, blue domed chapel and it was really magical. Am also very fond of Larnaca, not a typical tourist trap but a real town,open year round .Plenty to see and do, museums, art galleries,great shoppig including Zahra and Mango. Characterful streets, pedestriansed areas, superb eateries, bars and clubs. And not a huge transfer from the airport just 18 minutes. The new airport which opened on the 10th of November is really amazing, well done Cyprus. The other plus point of staying at the Palm Beach in Larnaca is that it is so easy to get to all the other parts of the island. Its also terrific for cycling, diving, horse riding and lots more. Sorry would not swap it for the east or the west, this is a realistic place and the locals love it, so food and prices are much better too!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroklini
Golden Bay Beach Hotel
Lucky Hotel Apartments
Lucky Hotel Apartments
#2 of 8 in Oroklini
4.5 of 5 stars 182 reviews

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!