“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Oroklini, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
Brisbane, Australia
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Palm Beach Hotel is a well presented and well positioned hotel on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. It is approximately 20 minutes from Larnaca airport and less than 10 minutes by car from the city centre of Larnaca
My husband and I have visited this hotel at least 8 times and each time we are overwhelmed by the surroundings, gardens, pools and other facilities available to its guests eg.gym,tennis court, beauty salon, kids club, gift shops, function and conference centres. There is even a small chapel in the grounds..I have attended an Easter service there....just lovely.
The rooms are comfortable ,clean, a good size and reliable air-conditioning. Each room has a balcony overlooking the sea. Very calming.
There are other rooms available that face the mountains. Can't comment on these or the bungalows.
All staff are helpful, friendly efficient, no request is too difficult to meet.
As returning guests, we are treated to a complimentary bowl of friut and a bottle of wine. A lovely gesture on behalf of the Management.
The breakfast buffet has an amazing selection of food, both hot and cold. An extra service provided, is a chef to cook your eggs anyway. Omelettes are delicious. The breakfast staff are most obliging, and greet each guest in a happy and friendly way. A well presented and organised team. I don't usually mention staff members but I was impressed by Michaeli, Maria, Radoula, Antonis and Zaharapoula's pleasant manner..
Other restaurants at the resort provide a great selection of food and good service too.. Most nights of the week, a theme-inspired buffet is provided as well as entertainment. My favourite is the Cypriot Night..authentic home styled Cypriot food...unbelievable and delicious. There are also Cypriot dancers and musicians who perform on that night. So much fun.
What also impressed me, was the availabilty and easy accessibilty to Senior management particularly Mr Papakyriakou who was able to deal with any issues or concerns that any guest may have promptly and efficiently.
By the end of 2013, most of the hotel rooms will be renovated. I can't wait to see the finished product.
I would highly recommend this hotel to all travellers seeking comfort, relaxation great food, friendly staff in pleasant surroundings.

Room Tip: I prefer the oceanside rooms for views and morning sun
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear friends from the land down under !!

I was deeply touched by your review. I felt great as the GM of the hotel when you wrote you feel the Palm Beach is a ‘Home away from Home ‘. That says it all.
Thank you for your repeat custom. We appreciate it greatly.
I thank you very much also for the positive comments for the facilities, our theme nights and our staff.
We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Best regards from lovely Larnaka and have a great Autumn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the last 10 years and the service and facilities are what really stand out. All the communal parts of the hotel are well maintained and smart and the staff are friendly and helpful.The rooms are now getting very tired though and are somewhat old fashioned and really let the hotel down, but you don't go to cyprus to sit in your room so this shouldn't matter. A revamp of the rooms would put this hotel back up where it should be.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Julian,

Thank you for staying with us so many times over the past ten years. W are grateful for the repeat custom. I am pleased to read you enjoy our facilities, our service and staff attentiveness.
We are working on plans for the room renovations, I will advise you of final plans, hopefully I will have them soon!!

Best regards from sunny Palm Beach!!
Amman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked this hotel through expedia - we chose the bugalow which had plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 young children. The hotel is old, and some facilities need renovations.. however, the staff at this hotel are extremely helpful. From the porters, to the waiters.. they serve you with a smile.

We had some comments regarding the housekeeping and they were addressed in no time. We've heard that a renovation project is in the works which would be beneficial.

The food was decent, served hot - reasonable choices for everyone. Even though the hotel was fully booked, seating was available with no waiting time.

We had an altrecation with guest in the lobby who didn't like the fact that the children were running around, the manager was curtious and apologized.

When we go back to Larnaca we won't hestiate to book at this facility again.

Room Tip: If you have kids, go for the bungalows, you pay a bit more, but you get more space.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear friends from Amman,

Thank you for your custom and the review. I am pleased to read in your review that you had a pleasant family holiday and you have found our team members helpful and effective. I have become aware of the “small issue” you have had with another guest in the lobby and I am sorry about it. Families are very welcome to our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to the Palm Beach a dozen times over the last 12 years, so I know it well. The hotel is very comfortable with air con and room service. Facilities are very good indeed with 3 - 4 pools (some are hidden away), bars in the grounds and no road to cross to get to the beach. Only 20 mins for the airport.

The breakfast is the highlight for me. The choice is fantastic. Other meals are usually themed buffet's, ie Italian night, Greek Night etc with entertainment thrown in. I am not sure about buffet's - I try to avoid them. However, if you like them - you are in luck. There is however, an a la carte restaurant should you wish. Marvellous for children since the staff are all very considerate and helpful. There is something in this hotel for everyone, of all ages.

For a trips out head for Mackenzie Beach - nice beach and a string of restaurants to suit all tastes. Nicosia (Lefkosia in Greek transliteration) is worth a trip for shopping as is Limassol (Limassos).

The only drawback is the area. Larnaca is not the most attractive place in the world. However the people make up for it. I have always enjoyed my times there and am returning in 3 days time for an 'nth' visit. Just can't get enough!

Room Tip: All rooms are ok. Best are sea-view. Some of the bungalows are dark inside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for being a “Regular” with us here at the Palm Beach. We are very proud of our Repeat guests’ clientele. It is great to get so much positive feedback about our breakfast and our service. It is true that there is something here for everyone. This could have been one of our slogans actually!!
We look forward to seeing you back to the hotel soon!!
You are welcome!!

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

we really enjoyed our stay at Palm Beach Hotel, the team was very friendly & helpful, they even show us how to use the transportation & visit all touristic sites( the bus station is @ the exit of the Hotel).
my children enjoyed the pool & the water sports, my husband & me enjoyed night time shows & the calm beach. Also as a gift for our 20th Marriage anniversary the management upgraded our room from Garden View to Sea View.
We are sure if we come back to Larnaca we will stay in Palm Beach Hotel.

Dear friends from Lebanon,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent family holidays. I am very pleased to hear that the whole family had a good time, all for different reasons!! Once more we all wish you a very happy 20th anniversary; we are pleased we were able to extend on upgrade!! We hope that we will be able to have you stay with us again in the future.

Tabriz, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

It is great hotel especially family one all things you need you could find in hotel and great location , only 10 min by bus to city center , nice pool and beach . I am sure if i back larnaca again choose that.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear friends from Tabriz,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the positive review. We also feel that we deliver a great family holiday experience. The location of the hotel also helps. It is only a ten minutes bus ride from the city centre, where there is plenty of museums and sites to see for the whole family.
It will be a pleasure to have you back to the Palm Beach on a future visit to Cyprus!!

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night prior to travelling to Airport the next day. I made a huge mistake of booking a wrong room, but the manager was very kind enough to sort us out. Just had to pay for an extra bed for 40 euros.
Room was comfortable and clean and we enjoyed our stay there. Had some cocktails with friends during Happy Hour at 7pm, and my friends said that it was lovely.
Free wifi on the lounge so that is where my kids hang about and they also enjoyed swimming in the sea and the pool. We did not really tried the food there about from breakfast which was very good. The kids had some tuna sandwiches which was good enough for them. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear friends from Germany,

Thank you very much for your short stay and your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. The room issue was handled effectively and efficiently and that you were satisfied with all the aspects of your stay.
We hope to have you stay again with us next time for a long holiday.

Best regards from a hot Larnaka.

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!