“Palm Beach Hotel Larnaca Cyprus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Oroklini, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
London
“Palm Beach Hotel Larnaca Cyprus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

An outstanding visit to the Palm Beach Hotel. We have made several visits to the hotel and choose it because it is well organised, clean and the food is outstanding. You must try the buffet breakfast. They make the most delicious omelettes and their buffet dinners are scrumptious with excellent choice for adults and special catering for children.
The manager is effecient, available, approachable and friendly as are the staff at the hotel. The reception staff share the knowledge of the area and support in any way they can. Highly recommended by all the family.
The children love the pool area and the beach attendants are always effecient and welcoming, too.

Room Tip: Sea view...... outstanding sea views.... breathtaking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for giving us your feedback.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holidays. I love our breakfast omelets myself! Lol…
I will be happy to meet you personally during your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me!

A.P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've just come back after one week stay in Palm Beach Hotel and we're really happy with our spring break. The location of the hotel is very convenient - only a quater from Larnaca airport, so you don't waste your precious holiday time to get there. It's located on the suburbs of Larnaca and there is a bus station just next to the hotel's entrance - the bus takes you to the center of the city in about 10 minutes, although the buses don't come very often, we had to come back by taxi. The rooms are very clean, as is the whole hotel and nicely decorated. The quality of the food is very good, comparing to many hotels all over the world we had stayed in before. The hotel is not very large, so there are not thousands of other guests, no lines during the dinners or breakfasts or in the bars. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The beach is sandy ans not very big, and the sea bottom is also sandy and shallow for a long time - excellent for small kids but also very good conditions to swim. You don't need any swimming shoes, which I like. Just next to the hotel is the water sport center. There is also a swimming pool and a shallow one for kids - always clean. It is always very important for us when we pick the hotel to have good quality gym and the gym in the hotel is the best I had so far - professional equipment, quite a lot of space. It's possible to rent a bike in the hotel to explore the island - really good idea. I'm really impressed with Palms Beach Hotel - it was far over my expectations.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends,

I am very happy to read your review and thank you for staying with us. I am particularly happy to read from all the recent reviews that none of our guests have been affected by the bank crisis in Cyprus as tourism has not been affected at all – please tell all of your friends!! It is tourism as usual here and it is exactly how it should be. I am impressed how much detail you have written about our facilities and the hotel as well as the area. I could not have written more in such a small space.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you back to our hotel soon.

Best wishes,
Dobrich, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to Larnaca and Palm Beach Hotel between 28-05.05.2013.
I must say we had a great time. The hotel is clean, the rooms are good, breakfast very good (they could do something here- we stayed 7 nights and it was all the same every day)
The restaurant dinners are not good- we recommend to go across the street or down the beach- it's cheaper there and you can enjoy Calamari,Octopos and Tzipura!
The hotel stuff was very helpful, very friendly, Diana and Maria at the reception, Veneta at the pool.
The hotel is good value- not a 5*, but we did not pay for a 5*!
P.S.May be they could do something to make it easier to go to Larnaca, the bus service is not very good, time table is not been kept.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms have mosquito problem!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Dobrich,

I am thrilled to hear you had a great time on your holidays with us.
I would like to advise you that we have spoken with the bus service company who assured us that their schedules are now back to normal for the summer season and the time tables are kept.
Also, I would like to advise you about the mosquitoes that are very seasonal because of spring, of course due to the fact that we have very big garden, however you can get a machine from the reception that will keep them away!!
With regards to dinner I would love to know which night you had it so as to improve. We do have a very good a la carte as well and we do make a delicious calamari which cost very reasonably € 12.00 at the Coffee shop.
I look forward to seeing you back to the Palm Beach.

larnaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I went there just for a drink. I did not stay there. I ordered a mojito. What a suitable drink for that weather and atmosphere. ... but the drink was a disaster. .. only water ice and mint... only a touch of rum... when I told the waitresses she asked me if I would like to have another shot added . Of course I would be charged. It is a shame such high quality hotel to serve so low quality cocktails.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Theodora

Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to the mojito you have had with us. I would like to assure you that it was a once off mistake. We do serve lots, hundreds of drinks and have never received complaints with regards to the quantity of alcohol in the cocktail. I believe it just happened. Needless to say that another shot of alcohol should have been added at no extra cost.
Come over again, as soon as you can. I will buy you a mojito, it will be great as it usually is!! Our drinks are usually great!! For this reason we do have many locals that come to the hotel for drinks!

Cheers!
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ideal location, extremely helpful staff. It has everything you could possibly want. I was highly impressed. One little downside - my bed was too hard, but I guess that had more to do with me than the bed !!!!

Room Tip: My room had a sea view......go for it !!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Liz,

Thank you very much for your custom and for your feedback. We are trilled to hear that you found everything good and positive. With regards to the bed, next time do let us know, we will try to assist with a softer version of the mattress.

Best regards from hot Larnaka.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Furniture on first floor worn out but sea view makes up for it. Breakfast excellent, staff really helpful and friendly city center not close,beach clean swimming pool area clean and really good restaurants in walking distance and if you are a diver just few minutes walk you will find Viking divers office.

Room Tip: Sea view and upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Palm Beach.
I am very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again soon back to our hotel, hopefully to see our changes/ renovations which we are planning for next winter.

Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a brief stopover in Cyprus. Here's the lowdown on our stay:

We had a reservation, but were told when we arrived that our room was not ready. We waited quite a while (over an hour) in the bar/lounge area in the lobby. This was an annoyance, since our time was short and we were eager to get to the beach, but we assumed that the hotel was overbooked and that our waited would be rewarded. It was. We were upgraded at no charge to one of the hotel's suites.

The suite was nicely appointed, with living and sleeping areas separated by a half wall. The decor was dated looking, but everything was in good condition. The spacious bathroom and verandas overlooking the pool and beach were added bonuses.

The pool and beach areas were very cramped, but we were able to find a place and flag down a beach attendant who set us up with an umbrella and lounge chairs. Larnaca area beaches are pleasant enough, but as many will tell you, not the best in Cyprus, and the sandy part of the beach area of this hotel seemed a little small. (I stayed in a different hotel in the area about 15 years ago, and its beach was a more spacious.)

Unfortunately, we were only at the beach for about twenty minutes when my wife was stung or stepped on something under the sand in the shallow waters. One of her toes swelled quite a bit, and the sting was exceedingly painful. We were directed by one of the outside staff members to the front desk for first aid. The bell captain was extremely helpful in this matter, applying a cortisone cream to the affected toe, which healed on its own in a matter of a couple of hours. The rest of our brief stay was pleasant and thankfully uneventful.

Overall, the genuinely helpful staff and nice suite made this a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm B, General Manager at Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us last June and for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay. Last June we were close to 100% booked, true. This means that every day we had the same or more arrivals then departures and timing of the arrivals and departures is crucial. Especially in June where we have lots of families and repeat guests we try to help with preparing the rooms as soon as we can. But sometimes a wait, maybe up to an hour if it is early afternoon, is unavoidable. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite and that you found our staff friendly and helpful! The beaches adjacent to the hotel, both at the front left and right are blue flag, very clean and shallow which makes them safe for young children.
I am sorry to hear about the sting on your wife’s toe but I am pleased that our staff helped to alleviate it.
I look forward to seeing you back to our hotel.

Best regards,

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!