“Wonderful October break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

You added Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows to your Saves list
Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka Dekelia Road | P.O. Box 40394, Oroklini, Larnaka CY 6303, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
London, UK
“Wonderful October break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Still wonderful outside, all you could wish for, although the inside e.g. dining room starting to look a bit dated in places. The food was acceptable, just about (depending on your standards), though at breakfast the only fresh fruit was green melon, otherwise it was all tinned, or there were dried fruits, the sort you would add to a cake mixture. And only streaky bacon. But it is an island and a lot is imported. I still had a peaceful break and soaked up the rays - a wonderful spot for sun worshipping especially by the sea with its breezes that increase as the day goes on. A couple of times we ate outside under the stars, fabulous. An October break sets you up for winter if you hit the right week - the week before my stay the weather was poor for Larnaca.

Room Tip: Go for a sea-view room without a doubt - south-east facing. Also go for half board as there's n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed five nights and enjoyed it very much. We had a seaview room on the top floor which was excellent. The bathroom was a bit small and the toilet was too near the sink. The air conditioning was a bit noisy in the room. Also the mattress protector had plastic on the underneath side which was not too comfortable. Having said all that, the room itself was excellent and the seaview was lovely. The staff at the hotel were excellent. We had the fish buffet on the Friday night at the hotel. It was ok. Fairly standard buffet. We had dinner on two nights at Vlachos Tavern, which is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. It was excellent. Just had a main course, but with all the free starters it was loads of food. Also complimentary fruit at the end of the meal. We also went into Larnaca, you can get a bus at the front of the hotel for 1 euro. We had dinner at Dionyssos Fish Tavern. Lovely fresh fish. We also had lunch, cant remember the name of the restaurant, but turn right at the beach and walk for 5 minutes. Good fresh fish. Overall enjoyed the holiday but feel there should be free wifi in the room.

Room Tip: Top floor for view
Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have recently returned from another visit to Palm Beach.
I would like to comend and recommend this hotel.
The management and staff are always friendly and helpful.
The rooms are kept very clean.
There is a really good pool area, plenty of comfortable sunbeds and attended by attentive pool boys.
We stay B&B, the breakfast is excellent with both UK bangers and bacon style and Cypriot dishes.

Looking forward to our next visit

Room Tip: Woth paying the extra for a sea view, preferably on the top floor
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have stayed five nights in the Palm Beach Hotel and we enjoyed it so much.It has made our family reunion so special.From the time of arrival to the hotel you feel the difference. Friendly personel and helpfull in every way and a very warm welcome by the manager. The double seaview room very comfortable and very clean with nice view of the pool, gardens and the beach. High standard of facilities and maintance. The food is very good and the overall service is excelent. I could say without hesitation that it should be rated five star. Thank you Palm Bech people, We will be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view and more fresh air.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just returned from a short winter break to the Palm Beach Hotel Cyprus,should be rated five star excellent.
Staff were very helpfull,food was of a good standard with excellent service our room was clean and very well maintand,air condition was standard at no extra cost. .

wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have chosen Palm Beach for our intimate ceremony! I was a bit concerned to begin with as I thought for only 4 people they will not bother with the service but how wrong was I !!! We had a lovely welcome from the reception and one of the Managers came to welcome us too. How lovely!

We booked a bungalow ( no506) It was very clean, spacious, lovely decorated and had all the facilities we needed. From the first second we arrived I felt we were very well looked after and the staff came out of their way to make us happy and comfortable. Not once I felt annoyed or frustrated because of the service. I worked in customer service for many years and I can say that this Hotel is the best in making guests feel special.

The gardens are kept beautifully, the swimming pools are very clean. The beach is metres away from the Hotel and the beach boys are always there to help.
The breakfast is fantastic, everything is organised with very high precision, you get coffee or tea in seconds, very efficient and friendly. I have enjoyed tasting all the cheeses, olives, yogurts, omelettes, cakes, breads...there is something there for everyone!

The reception girls are amazing! Any request we had was dealt with within minutes! Before my ceremony I asked for an iron and ironing table and by the time I got back at the bungalow one of the staff was there to sort it out before me !! Diana really impressed me, I heard her speaking at least in 4 languages! I could not thank them enough for looking after us so well!

The Hotel had everything you need while on holiday : taxi, car hire, several restaurants and bars, few good shops, water sports, hairdresser, spa, gym....

On our wedding day we had exactly what we wanted, everything was set near the beach, everyone was on time and we had complimentary champagne too. Many thanks to Ms Baiba Deiko for accepting us without a wedding organiser and for making our day special :)

On my husband`s birthday we found another champagne, fruits and a card in the room from the Hotel :) Thank you :)

When we went to the Municipality to sort out the paperwork we used a taxi that the Hotel provides. Mr Lores I think took us there, he was brilliant, he knew exectly what offices we need to go to and we sorted everything out in about an hour. I have allocated half day for that! Many thanks!

Evening meals were great, themed nights meant that we won`t get bored with one menu. The desserts are to die for! There was entertrainment but my favourite was the piano bar...gorgeus!
There is a very nice bar with comfi sofas outside, we spend lots of time there drinking cocktails overlooking the swimming pool, the palm trees and the sea.... :)
We only went out of the Hotel one day to visit the area, we had such a relaxing time and everything we needed.
Big thank you to all the staff for being so brilliant and to the owners for having such an amazing system.
I am so happy that we chose Palm Beach, to say they were perfect is an understatement and I recommend it to everyone!

One of the best things is that the water is shallow for about 50 metres, clear and warm so we woke up every morning to see the sunrise and we swam a few times in the moonlight...so romantic :) This memories will remain with us forever!
Palm Beach made our wedding, birthday and holiday unforgettable and I could not thank them enough! We will be back :)

Room Tip: Bungalows on the ground floor are perfect!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Bit dated but clean never changed pillow cases slight blood on pillow (cut myself shaving)
Staff excellent.overall v.good. Location good.late bar a bit pricey.thats why empty no atmosphere.but would Stay again

Stayed September 2012

Been to Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!