This is a difficult review to write as the hotel did have some good points but let itself down on others, well here goes hope this helps people make their mind up:
The pool area is lovely with loads of sun beds and brollies, whilst we were there they were doing work on the beach bar so was not available to us. There is a sea view from the pool, but the beach is very poor and extremely small and not worth a look in, if you want a beach holiday this is not for you. The pool is very cold so it's a little off putting , you have to brace yourself before you go in.
The rooms are good, plenty of room and storage, beds are a little on the hard side pillows are shocking and need replacing. The rooms come with about 5 hangers but we did ask for more, and we did get them. There is only 1 plug socket available (and it's only a single socket) in the room so it might be helpful to take a plug extension cable, we did get on from the hotel. The towels are very old and need replacing. The shower was fine and plenty of hot water. Tea and coffee available in the room.
Reception, was good and bad depends who was there. We went to complain that the safety deposit box was difficult to use, we were told " this has never happened before", they did send a guy up to see it and yes it was broken! Please treat customers with care, we are paying your wages.
Restaurant, generally good small selection of foods but better than other AI that I have stayed in, staff were excellent here, generally they were smiling and helpful.
Bar, seems like the staff did not want to be there, except for Christina and Pavlos. Smile costs nothing. The other major issue is the unbranded soft drinks, never had this before they were very poor quality and unpleasant.
The hotel in my opinion is not a 4 star, but a good 3 star, whilst we were there in 1 week they held 1 wedding and 3 Christenings, when these were on we were moved out of the restaurant into the mezzine floor, it's like eating in a corridor, they need to decide what they are about, never stayed in an AI hotel where they did other events, felt that that's where they made their money.
I would not return as I can get better value for my money elsewhere, but with a little effort they could be so much better. Overall I enjoyed my holiday, so please do not think I am being negative, I have posted this to give the hotel something to think about, I did try whilst I was there to express my views but the reception staff did not want to listen, this was even after they asked for my views, if you don't want the truth don't ask customers how their holiday was!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Princess Beach is located on a long sandy beach in the heart of Larnaca's tourist area where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. Enjoy uninterrupted Mediterranean views from your balcony or from the terrace. Let us pamper you and your family in the best possible way as to enjoy the most of your Cyprus holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Princess Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Princess Beach Larnaca
- Hotel Louis Princess Beach