Stayed here for 11 nights on an all-inclusive deal with BA holidays. We had booked a "Mountain view" room but on arrival were upgraded to one of the poolside bungalows - this was great as we were just 10 feet from the pool and loungers. Definitely the best rooms if you can get them.
We were looking for a relaxing pool holiday, and that was exactly what we got, it fit our needs perfectly. We were a little uncertain with some of the earlier negative reviews but didn't see any evidence of those issues, and were extremely happy with our stay.
If you're looking for a buzzing nightlife then this is not the place, but if you're looking to lounge around, drinking beer and eating too much, then it's worth a look!
Staff - All staff were friendly and helpful. Very efficient at meal times, never had to wait more than a minute or 2 to order drinks etc.
Room -A little small but clean and comfortable which is the important thing. Having to pay for a safe and carry the key round with us was a minor downside.
Pool area - The pool was spacious enough to accommodate everyone with feeling crowded, nice and deep (~5 feet) in the back half. Lots of loungers - demand seemed to vary - as usual the best ones go before 8am but by the second week there were spares available even at lunchtime. Also looks like the hotel were increasing number of umbrellas and replacing older ones.
There's also loungers on the artificial beach area - we didn't try those though, and it was often a lot windier right down there
Food - The buffets for lunch and dinner were very good - plenty of choice and the quality was surprisingly high for a buffet. There appeared to be a rush normally at 12.30pm and 7pm when lunch and dinner opened, waiting an hour or so meant it was quieter, but the food was constantly replenished. They could do with improving the a/c in the restaurant, especially in the breakfast!
Bar/drinks - The all-inclusive beer was perfectly acceptable local lager that was always cold. The house white was high quality - but don't try the rose, comes from a carton and tastes like it!.
Entertainment - Most nights there was music/entertainment in the beach bar. This seemed to mainly attract the kids and their parents, we stuck to the main bar! They did ensure the football was on inside and outside, which made for a nice communal atmosphere as everyone gathered to watch the games outside
There was also an "Animation" team who did aqua aerobics every morning in the pool (unplug the earphones as they have music on a speaker - only for 30 mins though) and then they played various pool games through the day. Again mainly aimed at the younger guests, didn't really bother us.
Guests - quite a mix of nationalities, mainly families and older people, not a place for singles or party people!
Wifi - playing 8 euro a day for wifi is a bit much I feel, as you don't have many other alternate options. However I found free wifi in the lobby which extends over the bar area, so use that instead
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Princess Beach is located on a long sandy beach in the heart of Larnaca's tourist area where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. Enjoy uninterrupted Mediterranean views from your balcony or from the terrace. Let us pamper you and your family in the best possible way as to enjoy the most of your Cyprus holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Princess Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Princess Beach Larnaca
- Hotel Louis Princess Beach