We have previously visited this hotel, under the "Louis" group management, 6 times over the last 5 years and were looking forward to seeing the recent renovations and changes, if any, now it has broken away on its own. Overall we were not disappointed.
The restaurant, reception area and lobby have all been very tastefully renovated and seemed much brighter and therefore more spacious than before. The gardens and pools are still very well looked after with plenty of sunbeds for everyone and free use of the hotel towels for use by the pool and on the beach was appreciated. The beach bar was open but we were disappointed to see that food was no longer being served there due to it having been closed down for the winter.
The room ( we had a garden room on the first floor) had not been renovated along with the front of the hotel but was kept spotlessly clean by the hard working housekeeping staff every day with regular clean towels and bed linen.The bathroom could have done with a re-paint and the tile grouting was breaking up in places and we were disappointed to see old, thin, Louis logo towels - (time to invest in new ones, we thought) but was also kept spotlessly clean.
The food was fantastic - a really good choice everyday - and the waiting staff were very hard working and friendly. It was also good to see some of the old faces from previous visits!
My main disappointment was the choice of drinks included in the all inclusive package. As someone who does not drink beer nor wine I would have really appreciated "proper" soft drinks such as Coke and Lemonade. These were only available from a pump and frankly were undrinkable. I know water is healthy but I've never drunk so much in my life! Also, the bar staff were unsure as to the all inclusive rules. One time Keo was included, then the next time not, then the next day it was back on. Also, one day the cocktail "Ouzu special" was included, next day it wasn't. It seemed that the different staff had different rules - very confusing!
There are a few bars and restaurants just outside the hotel but the area is very run down with a lot of empty units. However, with the all inclusive package we didn't really need them.The hotel is situated about 15 minutes drive from the airport (25 Euros by taxi) and a bus ride away from the centre of Larnaca (1.50 Euros each way)
All in all this is a really good hotel for a quiet, lazy time in the sun (which shone for us all week!) with friendly, hard working staff.
With a few small changes it would be perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Princess Beach is located on a long sandy beach in the heart of Larnaca's tourist area where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. Enjoy uninterrupted Mediterranean views from your balcony or from the terrace. Let us pamper you and your family in the best possible way as to enjoy the most of your Cyprus holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Princess Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Princess Beach Larnaca
- Hotel Louis Princess Beach