Nice clean hotel, I stayed in March 2012, the food was ok, a bit bland but varied with themed nights, which was good. Staff quite friendly. I had a lovely sea view room, the walls are a bit thin as i could hear everything from the neighbouring rooms!!
I did try and change my half board booking to allow for lunch and dinner ( didn't really want to get up for breakfast everyday) instead of breakfast and lunch or dinner, but they wouldn't have it :-(
Most of the facilities were not open (out of season !!) The gym, jacuzzi, beach bar, etc I also tried booking a few excursions directly with the hotel, as i wasn't on a holiday package trip, and was only able to go on one in 9 days, as the others weren't running (Troodos Mountains, Jeep Safari's) (not all strictly the hotels fault here) This was a pain as the weather wasn't great, so there wasn't much to do in the hotel during this time. Most of the bars and restaurants around the hotel were either closed or had very little business, obviously due to the time of year, I am told by the locals it does get very busy in the peak season. There was a supermarket opposite so for soft drinks, snacks, papers etc i would definitely recommend popping over there when you arrive.
I found the hotel entertainment very cliche and middle of the road and family orientated, which is fine if that is what you want, it wasn't my cup of tea, so I spend most of the week in the pub opposite.
€1 gets you a bus ride into downtown Larnaca (approx 5km), bus stop is right outside hotel, and many more options for restaurants and bars, although the buses stop at 8pm which is a bit bizarre, but I found the taxi's to be fine. The Sunday market (Oroklini) is also worth a visit, 20 minute walk from hotel. I definitely regret not arranging a hire car and looking around the island more, maybe next time !! But I would stay at this hotel again, no problem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Princess Beach is located on a long sandy beach in the heart of Larnaca's tourist area where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. Enjoy uninterrupted Mediterranean views from your balcony or from the terrace. Let us pamper you and your family in the best possible way as to enjoy the most of your Cyprus holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Princess Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Princess Beach Larnaca
- Hotel Louis Princess Beach