“Very Poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Resorts Henipa

You added Crown Resorts Henipa to your Saves list
Crown Resorts Henipa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dhekelia Road | PO Box 40801, Oroklini, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Oroklini
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Very Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at the Crown Resorts Henipa for a week in October and I really wish I hadnt.
Pros: The pool area is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are lovely and clean.
Cons: The food is worse than dreadful unfortunately, breakfast included plates and plates of cucumber ??? Cold boiled eggs, fried pink stuff that was supposed to be bacon but not really sure what it was (it wasnt cypriot bacon, as I quite like that) beans and cold undercooked potatoes. Lunch and dinner was just unedible unless you wanted fruit which was the only things that looked remotely like food. We survived the week by eating from the snack menu at lunch times but I really didnt want to live on toasted sandwiches and burgers whilst in Cyprus but it was either that or go hungry. The food is laid out in a seperate room to where you sit so quite often you were walking into a dining room with a plate of food and then having no where to sit !!
There was no drinks service whilst you were eating which is something that I have never come across before at an all inclusive resort.
There was only one evening of entertainment the whole week and that was a cypriot guy singing which was actually quite good until the russian guests took over his microphone and sang russian songs for the rest of the evening which was both unfair on the singer and also unfair on non russian guests.
I didnt pay a huge amount to stay here which is a plus but I will never be going back.
Its ok if you dont want entertainment and enjoy cucumber and fruit.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Limassol, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night weekend break in laranca and was very dissapointed! I stayed HB and was sorry I did! The food is terrible, little choice and what choice there is, is very poor! There is not enough Cutlery for all guest and waiting time for clean cutlery is usual 10 mins.
The bungalows seem to be better option to stay in rather than the actual hotel. I was lucky enough to get a bungalow over looking the swimming pool. Bungalows are nice, clean and well kept. I did hear other guest complaining about the hotel rooms, but I did not see these!
I think the most annoying part was on Sunday, the entire bottom pool area is taken up by locals. Who use all hotel facilites, are loud and bring there own food and drinks around the pool area. So i did not really feel like I was on holidays for a day or two more at a local pool. Even though there is clearly signs everywhere stating that you can not bring your own food or drink to the pool area, this is clearly not enforced!

Room Tip: Try to get a Bungalow instead of staying in the actual hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oroklini hotels

North Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed for one night with friends who live in Cyprus as we wanted reasonably priced accommodation within easy reach of Nicosia. The reception area was clean and the staff were welcoming, however the corridor leading to our third floor rooms was shabby, dirty, and there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Our rooms were in need of refurbishment but the bed linen was clean and so were the bathrooms. I used the stairs to the lobby and would guess they hadn't been cleaned for many months. Breakfast was basic with poor quality ingredients.
To sum up....this is budget priced accommodation which would be acceptable if standards of cleanliness were better. I have stayed in other hotels in this price bracket where standards of hygiene were impeccable, but sadly Crown Resorts seems content not to make this a priority.

Room Tip: Ask to view the room and check it's suitability before checking in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 10pm there was no food on arrival we asked at the bar for a bottle of water and the bar staff wanted 2euro but we were all inclusive so water didn't come under soft drinks the all inclusive menu was an a5 bit of card which consist of 4 cocktails a few snacks and beer and house spirits just couldn't believe what I was reading.
When we went to our room the first thing I thought was OMG.......well there was hair in the bathroom the shower curtain was full of dirt the beds had blood on them and so did the curtains the bathroom tiles were dirty the lamp shade was burnt around the edges and the soap dispenser was full of green grime . When we complained at reception the rude old man came to our bungalow and insisted it was clean ' god knows what sort of place he lives in' .
The next morning we woke up to a huge truck outside our bungalow the breakfast was very limited with bacon sausage beans and a hard boiled egg and the only fruit they had to offer was oranges .the breakfast was nasty I wouldn't even feed it to my dog it was that bad .
So we went to see the general manager who wasn't willing to help us or listen what we had to say he was rude told us to shut up the staff in hotel acted like they didnt care about there guests the pool was dirty infant the whole place was like a dump yard .
God help anyone that stays there but I would advise you not too we lasted one night then got moved to another hotel .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Worst place I have ever stayed, rooms are the dirtiest I have ever seen, food is disgusting which I wouldn't even feed to a dog & the manager was extremely rude. Ended up staying there 1 night & was moved to another hotel the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013
bedfordshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

it was a lovely hotel peaceful and relaxing. However it was untidy, dirty and poorly staffed. The staff were incompetent, lazy and rude. The hotel it self is in the middle of know where, and a taxis to larnaca are very expensive. The sazna/gym area were poorly equipped and dirty there was unfinished building work. We paid for all inclusive, and on the website it said unlimited everything we had to eat a certain times only allowed a silly a5 menu for drinks and they weren't all that nice. the dinner was the same every day and we had to pay for nice lunches cause the ones given to us were silly fish and chips every day. No activities for the kids. sun beds were broken. the pool weren't deep and dirty. pool bar was terrible. music was the same every day. staff didn't speak good English!!! wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! this ruined our whole holiday!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a bungalow and that was alright; very clean, spacious, beds were uncomfortable. We meet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Positive: the reception and the pool area look good and clean.
Larnaca is 15 minutes far by bus, there is a nice beach.
Negative: I got a smaller shock when I have entered into the bathroom. It looks terrible.
The food is very boring: ie. the breakfast is only English breakfast every single day...
This place is in the middle of nowhere. There are only two small shops close to the hotel (500 m).
The route to the sea is dirty, only one restaurant is over there. Maximum you can see 10 people on this beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Crown Resorts Henipa? Share your experiences!