“What a GREAT Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaramuza Retreats

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orgiva
Jaramuza Retreats
You added Jaramuza Retreats to your Saves list
Apartado 44 | Orgiva, Orgiva, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Orgiva B&B and Inns
Torrox, Spain
“What a GREAT Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just returned from a Detox Juice fast at Jaramuza. This is not my first experience at juice fasting. What I really enjoyed was how the program is set-up. I was able to design my experience along with the direction from Sofia to assure that I achieved my goals. I was in a my own private beautiful house with a pool, large salon with fireplace, full kitchen and walking distance to the village. The juices,,, WOW they were absolutely gorgeous! Sophia arrived each day at the appointed times to deliver my fresh juice and to check to see how I was doing and if I needed anything to make my stay more comfortable. The worse part of the entire stay was saying "good-bye"! It was very relaxing,, I was able to sun on my private terrace, stroll to the village and workout at the new fitness gym and return home to be greeted with another wonderful juice and in the evening a mineral broth. Anyone who is looking for a great private place to relax and achieve whatever your personal goals may be, I can highly recommend Jaramuza Retreat. This is a great experience! Thank you again Sophia!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I thought I'd write lots of detail, to help people decide whether Jaramuza is for them (though it's so brilliant I imagine it will be).

The place itself is a small collection of little Spanish cottages ('casitas') in the valley below the town of Orgiva, all gathered around a peaceful garden and swimming pool. Some of the casitas are used for retreats, and some are privately owned (so there may be other people around sometimes - there were 2 other people there during my stay). I had my own 1-bedroom casita with kitchen, bathroom, living room, dining table and a lovely sun-dappled patio - simple, peaceful, comfortable, a few steps away from the pool, and constantly surrounded by the sounds of nature. I made my own breakfast each day (with fruit, local cheese, honey and other foods thoughtfully provided for me, so I didn't have to go near a shop during my whole stay) and Sophia cooked and brought to me absolutely wonderful vegetarian lunches and dinners daily, tailored especially for me to avoid wheat and cow's milk. Not only was the food fresh, wholesome, varied and delicious, but you could taste the care and love put into making it.

I meditated with Sophia most days - one-to-one sessions that she led just for me, personalised to address the things on my mind, in a yurt down in the cool, shady olive grove. And one day we drove part-way up a mountain and walked to the top, meditating silently all the time in the cool morning sunlight, until we reached the Buddhist shrine at the summit. It was magical.

I also had several massages by Carol, who came to my casita and provided fantastic relaxation with her aromatherapy oils. And I had an incredible sound therapy session with Kym - hard to describe, but one of the most profound experiences of my life.

Each moment at Jaramuza was devoted to my health and well-being - emotional, physical and spiritual, with no pressure to do or think or believe anything other than what I was drawn to. Sophia is extraordinarily good at listening, understanding who you are and what you might need, and providing so much care and warmth, with no pressure other than to enjoy, relax and make the most of the retreat. To be looked after so thoroughly was a rare treat, and the chance to reflect, alongside the meditation and therapies, meant that I came back from Spain restored, refreshed, newly-confident and full of happiness.

I recommend Jaramuza very, very highly. If you're looking for a materially luxurious place with fluffy robes and sleek facilities, this probably isn't for you. But if you're looking for genuine calm, care, warmth and relaxation; simple, comfortable and beautiful white-washed Spanish accommodation; mountain views from the valley and the sounds of cicadas singing you to sleep; delicious wholesome food prepared with care; top-quality meditation and massage; a genuine retreat to rest and restore yourself, in the hands of talented and warm therapists; and all of this personalised for you - then Jaramuza will be just right. I can't wait to go back. I found Jaramuza retreats after searching online, when I was very much in need of some space, care, time to reflect and attention to my health. There are so many 'retreats' out there that it was hard to choose. How can you know if what you get is what you've hoped (and paid) for? I needn't have worried. Sophia at Jaramuza provided an extraordinary retreat, more than I could've hoped for, and the experience was incredible, transformational.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife sent me on this trip, i'd been working hard, and i guess even though i didn't know it myself I was pretty burned. I had no idea what to expect but threw myself into the whole experience and it turned out to be on of the most wonderful and valuable experiences of my life. I did Yoga every morning, stuck to a juice detox, explored meditation and got plenty reading and relaxing done. Sophia looked after me very well and lovingly prepared the juices for my detox 3 time a day. Ive never in my life given my digestive system a holiday but i felt a new man after a week of pure/clean living. The views were spectacular, one morning Sophia's husband Oliver and her daughter took me up the mountain for sunrise, incredible! The accommodation was beautiful, private, peaceful, clean and although basic was more than was required. An invaluable week of getting to know myself again and relaxing from the hectic lifestyle that most of us live, i genuinely couldn't recommend it more.

Room Tip: All rooms are basic but perfect, you wont have any problems
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Our stay at Jaramuza proved to be an intense and emotional experience-which we all needed.
The location lent itself to peace and tranquility. The treatments were second to none, particularly with Kym. The quality of the food was excellent and Sophia excelled herself in welcoming us and making us feel at home.
It is an ideal location if one wants to rethink their life with no interruptions, just the birdsong and sunshine create an atmosphere in which one can reflect on life.
It was certainly life-enhancing and I would highly recommend it as a place where one can escape from the rat-race and come away with a sense of peace and purpose.
Kay Hogan

Room Tip: The cottages are perfect
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I went to Jaramuza having run a one week programme at a nearby holiday centre, in need of rest and quiet. I was accomodated in a beautiful "Casita"; really clean, simple and beautifully appointed with a designated swimming pool just a few yards from my door and a spectacular view of the mountains! The welcome was warm, the food outstanding, and the location perfect for rest and re-charging! I felt that anything I needed would be provided but in a very unobtrusive way which I really appreciated. There were other people around if I wanted to chat but again this was a choice I was free to make for myself.
I would love to go back again in the near future. I returned home rested and healed by the sun, the food and the people who run the project. It's a very special place!! Thank You

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

from the moment sophia met me at the airport I felt looked after and at ease in her company. we stopped for a drink at the beach on the way to my cottage and it was great to feel the sun on my face in february. my cottage was perfect, spacious, clean, peaceful without being isolated and beautifully furnished and decorated. There were lots of flowers and kumquats growing in my terrace area which had a lounger and patio furniture. it was completely private and became my place of choice to sunbathe scantily-clad or drink sophia's homemade tea in my pj's. It felt like heaven to be at peace and live at my own rhythm for five whole days. (actually the whole area is incredibly peaceful, olive and orange trees are everywhere, mountains on the horizon, walking distance from a small town with interesting weekly market).
the experience was completed by sophia's lovingly provided services. she is quiet but fun and is great company when you want it but never imposing. I paid for her to cook for me and it was such a luxury to have delicious healthy (mostly home-grown) meals provided without having to lift a finger or even make a decision about what to cook - a refreshing change for a mother of small children! she checks with you regularly to ensure that your needs are met and organising therapies and appointments as required. I had excellent counselling, massage and homeopathy sessions, but also requested dance and singing lessons which she found for me in spite of these not being on the choice menu at the time.
I left the retreat peaceful, re-energised and with my chronic insomnia and digestive problems virtually gone (6 months on these problems are still much improved).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I went here to recuperate after serious illness and was very well looked after. The care was apparent before I got there as I'd been questioned about my needs and they were always addressed throughout my stay. Jaramuzza is in lovely gardens with a pool and is tranquil.The appartment is typically Spanish ( with a wood-burner ideal when it's cooler.) The vegetarian food was excellent and came straight from the local market or out of the ground. This is the place to go when you really need quiet and beauty and to be looked after. It isn't the place to go if, by retreat you really need a glam health spa. The therapists there have been well-chosen and the Jaramuzza Team are thoughtful, considered and imaginative.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Jaramuza Retreats? Share your experiences!