“Sad day today but good times to come 😊 in your new restaurant from your number 1 customer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant

Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant
137 Whitehall Road, Drighlington BD11 1AT, England
+44 113 285 2037
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Prashad is an award winning Indian vegetarian restaurant in the heart of West Yorkshire. It is based in a renovated pub building in Drighlington, which has been transformed into an intimate and vibrant Gujarati eaterie. It features a large bar area where the in-house mixologist serves up perfectly-matched cocktails, locally-brewed beers and wines with roadside snacks and Indian tapas. There are three different dining areas and a snug that can be individually booked for private parties. The open pass kitchen brings the passionate Head Chef and her team closer to the customers. In the last 12 months alone we have been awarded the Morrisons Magazine Great Grub Award 2013, the Yorkshire Life Chef of the Year 2013 (which Minal and Kaushy won jointly), the Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand 2014, and the Yorkshire Evening Post Oliver Awards Best Indian Restaurant 2014!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Prashad over 60 times that I now feel that Bobby and his staff are more like close friends/family than people who are there just to provide a service. Me and Bobby have joked numerous times that I will get bored of Prashad but it hasn't happened and I can't see it happening if they continue to produce the excellent food and service I have always received.

I went tonight which was the last night in the original building until they move into there impressive new building ( i was lucky enough to have a little look inside and it will be mega impressive which will give more people the chance to experience what I have experienced all these times. I have already booked my seat on the opening night with my girlfriend and our friends and if bobby can convince his father, I will be opening his new restaurant but I doubt it :-)

I know a lot of curry lovers like meat, but once you have tried there delicious food, they will experience a new taste sensation that you can't describe unless you try it. I have taken numerous people to Prashad and they actually forgot it was a vegetarian meal they were eating.

All I can say to Bobby and all the team is I will be continuing to visit as often as possible even if it is just for a quick take away and I will continue to recommend any curry lovers I know or get the chance to speak to.

Good luck with the new venture which I know you we're sad to leave the old place but the restaurant will bring more exciting new dishes for me to try and fill my face in.

My only complaint tonight was my eyes were definitely bigger than my belly and we ordered so much I had to sit in the lounge for half an hour so I could move again :-)

Still your number one customer orientalson aka Geoff

Ps. See you in 2 weeks unless I phone you because I'm missing my extra extra extra hot chaat!

“I am a carnivore but I did not miss the meat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love my meat. But I did not miss it at all. My wife and I had lunch and could not fault the food or service. We had the tasting starter and then shared tarkar daal and Chanda daal. Stunning. The next time we get the chance to come to Bradford we will call again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I first came to Prashad about a year ago and to be honest I can't get enough. Although the prices are a bit more than the standard Bradford Central curry, I havent had a resturant meal that can hold a torch to Prashad.

I highly recomend the sharing platter (easily enough for 2 people as a starter) and as a main try the Mungh or Rengan aloo.

As a veggie it is actually really nice to go to a restaurant where the focus is around providing proper vegetarian food rather than treating it as a side order.

Kaushy and all, it was great to meet you and I really look forward to my next meal at your new place in Driglington.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“DO believe the hype!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What an excellent restaurant this turned out to be. I'm one of them people who just cant get away with veggie at all. My opinion until we went to Prashad was the veggie food wasn't for me! I 've always thought food without meat just tasted like it has something missing. I do however hold my hands up now and admit i'm wrong. My girlfriend never even knew she had just eaten a starter and main course that was meet free! ....... She thought the potato used in her main course was chicken! lol ....... It tasted that good. I would rate this as 4.9 out of 5 (I've deducted 0.1 because I couldn't get parked within 6ft of the entrance door and i wasn't offered a shoulder massage whist waiting for my bill :) lol)
5 out of 5 for the food!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, UK
“Good food but not as good as expected given all achievements!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We chose this restaurant given the hype and we were a bit disappointed as, I guess, we were expecting so much more.
Don't get me wrong, the food was good (especially the mango lassi and the coconut starter 'balls' which I seem to recall they are award winning) but not AS GOOD as I thought it was going to be. We ordered two thalis which were very well presented but out of the 4 curries, we liked the chole and the aubergine/potato only - the latter is labelled as SUBLIME on the menu, but I think it was a mere 'good'. We felt that a few dishes were a bit too 'cuminy' for out taste.

The place is clean but cramped which should not put you off as they are moving soon.

The service was excellent, our front of house was very attentive and we felt welcomed even with a 13 months old infant - which isnt always the case in restaurants!

SO, would we go again? Probably yes, but not before having tried some of the other places in Bradford as this, sadly, did not blow our minds nor our tastebuds :-( and for £40 for two mains, two lassi and a junior meal (£4.99), well it certainly isn't cheap!

• Visited November 2012