“Best curry ever!” 5 of 5 stars

+44 113 285 2037
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Prashad is an award winning Indian vegetarian restaurant in the heart of West Yorkshire. It is based in a renovated pub building in Drighlington, which has been transformed into an intimate and vibrant Gujarati eaterie. It features a large bar area where the in-house mixologist serves up perfectly-matched cocktails, locally-brewed beers and wines with roadside snacks and Indian tapas. There are three different dining areas and a snug that can be individually booked for private parties. The open pass kitchen brings the passionate Head Chef and her team closer to the customers. In the last 12 months alone we have been awarded the Morrisons Magazine Great Grub Award 2013, the Yorkshire Life Chef of the Year 2013 (which Minal and Kaushy won jointly), the Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand 2014, and the Yorkshire Evening Post Oliver Awards Best Indian Restaurant 2014!
“Best curry ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

We have been to prashad twice now and the food is amazing. I'm a curry fan and the taste, textures and flavours are out of this world. It's hard to imagine a curry without meat but this place has changed my thoughts. I would highly recommend the special chaat
Because every mouthful, you taste a different taste and texture. Highly recommend this place to
Anyone! :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
veggie23, Owner at Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Hi Orientalson, wow two review in three days, glad you enjoyed your meal and hope this pattern continues. Chaat is a personal favourite and as you say the tastes and textures change with every mouthful, truly magical. I hope we see another review next week and this becomes a habit..Bobby

Hove, United Kingdom
“Out of this world!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

We live in Brighton and visited the restaurant last week whilst up seeing relatives in Leeds.
The food was absolutely amazing, easily the best Indian food I have ever tasted. The food was really reasonably priced and the service was also of a very high standard, our waiter explaining what each dish was.
I'm so disappointed that I live so far away and won't be able to visit very often but urge all your family and friends to go as it really is out of this world!
Can't wait for the recipe book to be published.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Vedder13, we are also gutted that you live so far away, lets hope you feel the urge to see family more often, I realise Brighton is a beautiful place but we hope our Yorkshire love can bring you back soon. The recipe book is in the process, register your email address at our website to keep unto date. Thanks for a lovely review and hope to see you soon..Bobby
Leeds
“Prashad made my wedding anniv dinner even more special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Me and my wife dined at Prashad's on our wedding anniv day last evening. The evening was made extra special by Prashad in the form of excellent food, right from the starters to the desert.

In simple words it just reminded me of home (India)! Excellent Pani Poori, Chaat, Roti's were just melting in the mouth and the Bhindi curry was the pick of the dishes. To finish off the Mango Shrikhand added the star to the evening.

The staff were very friendly and even baby sat my son for a few minutes.

To all my asian friends in the UK. If u are homesick, go to Prashad's.

PS: Me and my wife enjoyed the Carroms game while waiting for our table to be ready.

Thanks Prashad for making our wedding anniv that extra special.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
veggie23, Owner at Prashad Indian vegetarian restaurant, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Hi sreeramra, so gald we were able to make your wedding anniversary special, we do keep our passion focussed on originality and are glad you were reminded of home (India!). It was a pleasure taking your baby for a quick kitchen tour and we hope you miss home soon so you come back for your next fill of good indian food..Bobby
Leeds
“Ramsay was right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

After seeing Prashad's on Ramsay's show I always wanted to go. I was not disappointed. We were greeted with warmth and had the menu explained to us. It was our 1st Veggo Indian experience, I need not have worried. The food was amazing and i can not recommend Prashad's to everyone.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Aluup01, thanks for taking the time to write a review, so glad you loved our food and service. We believe dining at a restaurant is about everything, the service for us is as important as the food, we focus on being intuitive in service and phenomenal in the food, glad you felt it and hope to see you soon..Bobby
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Wow -even better next day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My daughter & myself had the mixed starter to share. We liked most of it but the thing that look like a piece of cake (sorry!) we couldn't get our heads round that one - it was savoury but we know cake is sweet!!!

I had the paneer & she had the chick pea but as we had eaten too many fantastic popdums & the starter we couldn't eat all the mains so we had them as takeaway.
I heated them up the next day & the flavours were even better than the restaurant. Excellent flavours

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Mtzie57, the savoury cake is a little stange, it is the most popular street snack in gujarat and thus we felt we needed to showcase it. Glad you loved our uniquely folded roasted papodoms and well curry tasting better the next day is superb news. As we cook fresh to order the longer the curry rests the more the flavour infuse thus a richer flavour. Hope you ome back and try more dishes, the special chat is an absolute must as is the Dosa..Bobby