“Good value for Your money” 4 of 5 stars

Geranion Village
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   Nikitis hill | Chalkidiki, Nikiti 63088, Greece   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Nikiti B&B and Inns
Belgrade, Serbia
“Good value for Your money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family stayed in Geranion for 10 nights, and at the end we fall in love with the hotel. At the begging we were really disappointed with the room...as we book superior room in the building that is recently renovated we expected much more from the room, or to be more precise from the bathroom. The room was mostly ok, but in bathroom we had only one small light under the mirror, and it was almost dark inside, shelf under the mirror was broken, shower also, trash can was very rusty, pedal on it was broken - it was impossible to use it. But I have to stay that they clean the room every day, it wasn't shiny, but ok. Dinner...dinner was great, really great, very tasty, fresh, all vegetables from their garden...I am giving ecxellent mark for the cook. Drinks beverages for reasonable prices. Breakfast was boring, every morning the same, not so big choice..but ok, we weren't hungry. Mostly visitors are german people who are very polite and kind. Pool clean and very nice. Very nice children playground, house on the tree, our kids loved table football and table tennis...Hotel complex is great, a lot of greenery, stone, small lakes with turtles, fishes, frogs, ducks...hotel is completely in 'back to the nature' style. Beach is far, but there is shuttle bus every hour. if You go by car You have a lot of great beaches around. We would gladly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for superior room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Alexandroupoli, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in Geranion 5 nights and really loved this hotel. Our room and the building were recently renovated, the bathroom was also new and clean, the view from our balcony was breathtaking. Kids loved the pool, the dinner was delicious and the drinks relatively cheap (large beer 2,5€, coctails 4,5€, refreshments 1,5€). The only disvge was the poor breakfast but in this price (90€ incl dinner) you can overlook that.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thessaloniki, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We decided to go for one night stay at halkidiki. Unfortunately it was a last minute decision so we tried desperately to find a room in a hotel. Finally we found at Geranion village. It is a 4star hotel. Is it?

The room seemed to be clean but it wasn’t. The decoration is at least for the 80’s.

When we first walked in the room a dead fly was on a pillow. Nice welcoming.

The sheets were old and too small.

The bathroom had mold and flies, and some dead bugs was on the bedrooms floor.

The refrigerator was too noise and there was no shutters.

We said ok, it is just for one night.

The next morning when we woke up there was no water for us to wash our faces.

We went for breakfast, which is poor, when we returned at the room, there was water then.

I think the place needs renovation and new decoration.

The stuff was really friendly and willing to help. But I think this is not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Cumbria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place is living on its glory of the past, but its seams are pulling apart. The rooms are furnished in a 1970's style, there are white plastic chairs on the balconies, the wifi does not work in some of the rooms, access is a little tricky and parking awkward. Water heating is erratic, the balcony doors do not catch shut, and the bathroom does not have an extractor fan. OK for a 2, or possibly 3 star place - but certainly not 4 star.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been coming with my family to this hotel, year after year and it is just fantastic. The surroundings of the hotel are incredible, you are surrounded by nature everywhere you look, greenery and beauty whilst the view from the top of the tower is just breathtaking especially when there is a sunset.
The food is 10/10, absolutely wonderful, the tastes and flavours, the smells, the presentations. The salads and desserts are to die for and I've never experienced such fantastic food such as this!
The service is excellent, they are so attentive even if there is something you don't like with the room they are quick to take care of it and respond.
The rooms are clean, they are quite basic I admit but very clean and tidy and they are cleaned daily with fresh towels. The shower is good and powerful. Ok the beds are not the most comfiest nor are the pillows, I am being very honest when I say this but other than the niggly few things it is a brilliant experience. I was also very lucky enough to go into a small honey hut (not sure if it's still there) where I tasted fresh honey and honeycomb being scraped off the board and it was just fabulous. Overall, the experience and the grounds of the hotel are exceptional, the service to match, the food to match....I'm not going to let a few niggly things get in my way because the pros completely outweighed the negatives. Will I be returning? You too right I am!

(I stayed here in 2010)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night. The view from the balcony was great. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The only 'downside' of this village is that it's located on the top of an uphill road and I would say it's only accessible by car..! Traditional stone houses and beautiful landscape with some peacocks around!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

For anyone who has been in a real 4-star hotel, they will notice the huge differences.

- The rooms seem to have been abandoned for years, nothing felt healthy and new.
- The white towels and sheets were years-old, some where white-ish, some yellow-ish, some worst, all were overused and felt bad.
- The bathroom had do many broken parts on the wall, the toilet paper was placed on the toilet because the holder was also broken...
- The beds and pillows were rock-hard, and you wouldn't meet this kind of discomfort even in any youth hostel...
- The small bedside table held a phone, so filthy that it was disgusting to touch...
- The mosquito screens on the windows were torn, giving a bad look as well as they gave way to mosquitos inside the room.
- Mold and moisture marks on the walls.
- Bad smell of mold and over-moisture in the area outside our room (room 177 I think).
- Not adequate parking space. Too many cars, too few spaces.
- Basic breakfast.
- Only a fridge in the room, no kettle, no coffee, no tea. (4-stars?)
- The room floor looked disgusting, after years and years of cleaning chemicals etc, without any restoration. You could see the marks, making it look really bad.
- Located on a steep hill right on the main road, kind of uncomfortable, if you like to take quiet walks...

I only appreciated the spirit of Maroula, the receptionist, who helped me the one time that I asked for arm water, to prepare the baby's milk.

NOT worth the 80€ / night that we were charged. Would NOT pay more than 40-50€

I will ad some photos to prove my point ofcourse...

Room Tip: Just find another place to go if they also charge you more than 40€ in high-season...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Geranion Village? Share your experiences!