“Nouveau propriétaires, meme serveur et froideur” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 150 restaurants in Terrebonne
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nouveau propriétaires, meme serveur et froideur”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

J'ai pu lire sur La Nouvelle que le restaurant avait changé de propriétaire. La nourriture était bonne pour un souper de style traiteur (il y avait un marriage dans le restaurant) mais pour le reste rien n'a changé. Le foyer ne marchait pas et on nous avait dit qu'il marcherait. Il regnais un froid glacial dans le restaurant ( au moins ils nous on preté des doudous en polar) . Surement la raison pourquoi le serveur n'avait plus de voix et grippé. Le service était un gros 0 . On nous apporte aucun pain et aucun verre d'eau au debut du repas a moins de le demander. Ma copine n'a jamais recu son verre d'eau de toute la soirée apres l'avoir demandé 6 fois. Les serveurs n'apportent jamais d'ustensil. Ils deservent la table en fin de repas et ammene le dessert et café ( apres avoir quémandé le café auquel on avait droit) sans cuillere. Le serveur a meme le culot qu'ici le contre-filet est de cuisson medium seulement. Si vous ne pouvez pas faire notre cuisson préféré alors ne mettez de steak sur le menu. Pour 40$ c'est vraiment le pire service.

La critique précédente qui disait d'aller manger au McDonalds au chaud a coté d'un foyer qui marche avait bien raison.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Laval
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Gilrfriend and I went to the (Vieux Terrebonne) area to dine at this restaurant, because it came highly recommended by a couple of her friends. After reading the menu posted on the outside, we proceeded in to get a table. Upon our entrance, I noticed that there was only but one other couple in the restaurant. On could say that it may have been somewhat early, but in fact it was 7:30 in the evening! We were pleasantly greeted, and escorted to a table at the terrace. Here we begin. Our waitress approached us, introduced herself and proceeded to ask if we would like a drink to begin. I ordered a Greygoose Martini with olives, my girlfriend said she'd wait for the wine. Received the Martini 10 minutes later, (remember there was only ONE other couple in the restaurant), one need to wonder if they went out and borrowed the Martini from another restaurant! Took one look at the Martini, noticed there may have been maybe the equivalent of two tablespoons of Vodka in the glass, which after taking a sip, tasted strangely like water....or at best a very watered down Martini!! At this point I asked the waitress to replace the water!!! by Vodka, right of the shelf, room temperature, that way I can avoid the water content! once I received the replacement glass of Vodka, I'd say there was at most ONE tablespoon of Vodka, but at least this time it tasted of Vodka!!! While doing all this waiting I decided on a bottle of wine, took the best they had at $85........wine selection was poor at best. We proceeded to order the meal. Girlfriend ordered house soup with a endives salad as an entree, which were apparently good. I had ordered a salmon tartar, which was fine but way too warm. Tartar shouldn't be cold, but cool is warranted. While we were having our entrees, the waitress brought us the bottle of wine, and in a blink of an eye had the bottle open and poured in the decanter. Now I'm asking myself, she, is a green waitress.........real green. No presenting the bottle to the customer, no popping the cork and handing it over to the client, no taste test, nothing. But I took a sip once she had poured the wine, figured it was good and the waitress was really putting an effort in trying to please, that I didn't make anything of it. We then received our main course. Girlfriend ordered fish, which came with vegetables. Both were bathing in oil. For my part, I had ordered a fillet mignon to be cooked medium rare. I took the fork and knife to the meat, and noticed it was blue! I was actually surprised it didn't put out a yelp when I poked it with the fork. At this point I asked the waitress to please have the meat cooked to medium rare, to which she proceeded to do. Meanwhile my girlfriend forcibly ate what she could stomach from the oily and greasy meal. By the time I received the filet, my girlfriend had finished her meal and I hadn't started mine yet. The waitress then asked me the the cook wanted her to ask me to cut the filet in front of her and confirm that it had been cooked right. Seriously??????? HEY BUDDY' IT ISN'T MY PROBLEM IF YOU FAILED CULINARY CLASS, BUT YOU NEVER ASK A PATRON TO VALIDATE YOUR END RESULT AT THE TABLE IN ORDER TO SATISFY YOU EGO! Oh, I forgot to mention, we had left the utensils in our entree dishes once we had finished, the waitress indly removed the utensils from our dishes with some food still on them and replaced them on the table. Again.......SERIOUSLY???? That is just not done, it's not like they ran out of forks and knifes!!! Bottom line, the prices were high, quality was low, service was awful. Would never recommend this place to anyone.....EVER! I you want to really fine dining experiences for relatively the same price, please consider..Le Mas des Olivier in Montreal, Campari Centro in Montreal, Restaurant Amato in Laval. All with fabulous menus and wines lists to die for, with amazing staff. Please read my review on restaurant Amato, where I dined recently.......FANTASTIC!

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
québec
“whatttt???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

i think we did'nt go to the same l'étang des moulins!!! i go there every month and its always a pleasure! the food is so good, the new owners are sooooo nice... i don't know if your jaleous but for me its the best restaurant in terrebonne... plus, they've just open a bistro on the side with a splendide terrasse... and they serve very good breakfast!!! if you realy want to know the truth, i prefer the new owners then the one before! but the food is always so good! by the way, i was there feburary 14th and the service, food and ambiance was so perfect!!! of course we have to understand that the restaurant was full... but we never been forgotten anyway....very romantic place, with fire place and candels...just right for valentines day! so if you realy whant to try a great french restaurant... don't ask, go to l'étang des moulins whitout question and don't listen to those who are jaleous of this restaurant success!!! thank you

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
laval
“Worst restaurant in Terrebonne”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

Worst experience of my life, we will remember the 14 february 2009, New owner run the place like a snack-bar. Service minus 0, food minus 0, adminitration minus 10.
My recommendation go to McDonald you will enjoy better.

We went to this restaurant before and it was fabulus, now it's extremley bad.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere