“Fab recovery of service !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Hart (JD Wetherspoon)

White Hart (JD Wetherspoon)
Station Approach, Todmorden, England
Cuisines: English, Fish & Chips, Hot Dogs, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester
“Fab recovery of service !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was working in the town for a short time and wanted to sit in and eat for breakfast somewhere as it was too cold and rainy for the butty van. I think the decor is ok but a tad old fashioned but the service was great. I ordered a coffee and a traditional breakfast and then took a seat in the booth at the back of the pub. The bar staff told me that she would bring my coffee over to me. It wasn't long after my breakfast arrived and I had told her that the food was cold. After my rant at 9 in the morning (which is early for me) she still had a smile on her face and apologised and then changed my breakfast and gave me another coffee while I waited. She was the shift leader so I asked for her name which was Sarah. She was very polite and professional and as I was leaving she apologised again for my previous issue and asked if everything else was ok. I think that her standard of service in such a small place was brilliant and she should have some kind of recognition by the managers for this as any place would be lucky to have someone like her there. I have eaten in many places for breakfast before but because of the service I received I will be making a return for sure. Thank you Sarah :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brixworth, England, United Kingdom
“OK but could do better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited the White Hart twice over the May Bank Holiday. On the Saturday for a few beers and dinner. Some of the food was not available and some of the beer ran out too but there was still plenty of choices at value for money prices. We were particularly impressed by Jade who told us she had been working since four and seven hours later she was still smiling.
On the Tuesday we called in for breakfast and again some basic things like wraps were not available. Apparently they have a new way of de frosting them which they haven't got used too. Anyway we still enjoyed what was available so no big deal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cold food and bar staff couldn't care less”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a cooked breakfast here which was lukewarm. I thought it was because it was busy so didn't say anything. Thought about coming for Christmas dinner so visited again to ensure it was what we wanted to do but the food was dire and the glass of cola we had smelled of ammonia. When I took it back to the bar the dishevalled bar man was not interested, quite patronising, but said he would change the drink anyway. Suffice to say we did not book a Christmas dinner there. Shame because it is a lovely pub.

Visited December 2012
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Great for a pub meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stopped by on a chilly day to find a nice friendly atmosphere. Guest ales available, Leeds brewery when we visited, at a very reasonable price. Good nourishing food, particularly after a good long walk. Not a long wait for the food, and piping hot when it arrived.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southport
“End of the day stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Been on the snow covered tops doing a hard 12 mile ramble, and entered Tod near the railway station where this pub is situated. Typical of JDW's it is clean, friendly, very reasonably priced and quiet (just a TV showing the news). If only we had had time to eat ... the large plated curry looked really tempting and at a tempting price. If we go back to Tod ... we will revisit here hopefully with enough time to sample the curry!!

• Visited March 2013