“You won't be disappointed if you like French food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 33 restaurants in Fayence
Cuisines: Pizza
Chester, United Kingdom
“You won't be disappointed if you like French food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited yesterday with my family. Self, wife, son aged 13 and daughter 10. Very friendly and efficient service. Good French food and excellent value. My son and myself had Entrecôte au Roquefort. My daughter had Salade Chèvre Chaud and my wife had a pizza. All were cooked to perfection. I like my steak "bleu" and this was done exactly correctly with a huge tender entrcote that melted in the mouth. We ordered the cheapest pichet of wine but when it came I found it a bit rough so after drinking half of it I asked for a more expensive bottle. We were kindly not charged for the wine we had already consumed. I cannot understand comments decrying the pizzas from some English reviewers who have said they are "thin and dry". These are some of the best pizzas we have tasted but they are French and are consequently not a mess of soft dough and goo. If you want Goodfellas stay in England! All in all one of the best blends of value and gastronomic pleasure we have found in France!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Portsmouth
“Mistake after mistake rendered service terrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with my fiancé and family during our stay nearby. The first mistake the waiter made was bringing a Perrier instead of a Heineken (?!) and it was downhill from there. The food was good and the starters were brought quickly and were fresh and tasty. Then the mains. He got an order wrong, bringing Daube instead of Confit de Canard, and dropped one of our pizzas on the floor, leaving it there for 10 mins. He then stumbled with a steak knife, narrowly missing injuring one of us. My fiancé's meal was supposed to be accompanied by pommes frites, but these never arrived despite persistent prompting. He asked after we were finished whether we wanted to bother with the fries after all. After this there were three more drinks mistakes and the bill was incorrect. We spent a long time waiting around between courses and for drinks. This long list of failures made for a good story, but a terrible dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked a table as we know Fayence is busy and we all just fancied a pizza. We waited an hour for our pizza to arrive (after my husband went and asked if it was going to be much longer). Although the waiter did apologise and explained that everyone had wanted pizza that evening (!) the pizzas, when they came, were very dry and in my case, almost inedible. My son and daughter both wanted a Coke but they only had one left!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good as a group for a pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We came here with a large party for dinner. Service fine - dealt with the size of group very well. Had an ok pizza that came reasonably fast. There's lots of choice in the town - this may not be the best, but it does an ok job.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newark, United Kingdom
“Average dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We had steak and pizzas between us. Very large portions. Steak was way too big for me (female) and likewise the pizza was so big (for a child 12) it was hardly touched. Having said that food itself was very nice. Overall experience was average but a bit pricey for what we had.

• Visited May 2013