“Absolutely Delightful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Oviedo, Florida
“Absolutely Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The room was clean, spacious, very quiet, and well equipped. The Buffett breakfast was on par with a 5 star hotel! The evening meals were top notch and value for money. And of course the puddings are beyond description! The concierge staff were knowledgable and courteous. I had easy access to a city bus to Stratford. Brilliant holiday!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Leeds England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband wanted to book this hotel as it has The Pudding Club in it. We were celebrating our 44th Wedding anniversary and because I love puddings my husband thought it would make a nice place to go. We have no complaints about the hotel really, only a few niggles. There appeared to be only us and another couple eating so the atmosphere in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast was very quiet to say the least to the point of feeling uncomfortable. I had a spring sticking up in my side of the bed and our shower was broken so we could only have it on fierce and it nearly took my right nipple off till I ducked out of the way!!!
As it's famous for its puddings I was really looking forward to dinner. My husband had the pigeon starter which was overcooked and looked like hard liver. We both had ribeye and I've not had a steak so thin for a long time. My husband had the cheese board and on reading it on the menu, was looking forward to it,,,,,they were all boring same old, same old. The puddings were a real let down. I expected lovely light and fluffy sponges but they were all stodgy and I could have made them nicer myself and I'm no real baker. We are both retired and so have the time to visit many places and eat out and bearing in mind we travelled from Leeds to eat here, we were very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry to read that you experienced a few niggles. It is such a shame that you did not mention anything at the time, we understand that sometimes not everything is to everyone's liking and we are always willing to put things right if we are made aware at the time. I have checked the bed in the room you stayed in, and could not find a problem, as with all our beds it is a newish Hypnos bed. In the last year amongst other things we have invested in a new eco boiler system with good high pressure showers, I am sorry if you found the shower to fierce. We normally serve the pigeon slightly pink, I am sorry if it was overcooked. The steaks we use are 8oz in size and because they are a Ribeye cut they are slightly thinner than maybe a Sirloin. I am sorry that you found the cheese "boring same old", the cheeses served were Cerney Pyramid a local Goats Cheese, Montgomery an award winning Somerset Cheddar, Waterloo a semi soft Guernsey milk cheese from Berkshire, and Oxford Blue a local soft blue cheese. The sponge puddings are traditionally steamed and are slightly more substantial.
I am sorry that we were not quite your thing.
Kind regards
Simon Coombe
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were looking for a quiet two day break in the Cotswolds with some good country walking. The puddings were a bonus. We were happy with all aspects of the stay. The room was comfortable and had a 'back door' out into the garden, great news for our dog. The Reception staff were friendly without being unctuous and were very helpful in assessing the best walk for us - a hilly and muddy plough through to Chipping Campden and back - spot on! The rare steak ordered on the first night was as good a steak as I have had for a long time. The trio of puddings did not quite work for me as the sauces from each ran together; treacle, chocolate and syrup are not obvious bedfellows. The syrup sponge was in a different league to the other two.
Any downsides? £425 altogether for two night's bed, breakfast and evening meal is not cheap (and this was on a special deal) but you go into it with your eyes open. The overall conclusion is immensely positive.

Room Tip: Access to the garden is a great boon with a dog.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Was met with a very warm welcome hotel was very clean I liked the idea of themed pudding rooms. The food in the restaurant was first class and I really enjoyed the pudding night very entertaining and it was nice to have the old traditional puddings with lashings of real custard,all the food was freshly cooked.it is in an ideal location for touring the Cotswolds cannot wait for my next visit

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tamworth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

On a group tour this was a special treat. The decor & theming was delightful. Rooms were mostly different, but that's half the fun. The host gave us a special presentation on the Pudding Club & it's history.The dinner was wonderful & the puddings brought back so many memories, the taste of them brought a sentimental tear to my eye. The staff were exceptional & some in the dining room were very young. Great to see this place is a source of employment for the youth of the area. Would definitely return here again given the opportunity.

Stayed September 2013
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate (belatedly) my husbands birthday and were impressed from the moment we arrived at the hotel. The aroma of a log fire in the hallway, the friendly welcome from reception who showed us to our room and pretty much everything else about our stay made it memorable and we spent time planning which of our friends would also enjoy it and want to come with us another time.

The whole Pudding club event went like clockwork and was great fun. The food was delicious, and the puddings superb! Even though we were just the two of us, the way it is designed means you don't feel Billy no mates, as couples were on one large table whilst the bigger groups sat together.

We ate in the restaurant our second night and the meal was of a very high standard.

Our room (31) overlooked the village, had everything we could want. The bed was very comfortable, the curtains heavily interlinked to keep the room dark and quiet, home made biscuits to enjoy with a cup of tea. When I noticed there was no radio, as advertised there should have been, one was quickly brought to our room - a Bose system. It was a spacious room, and I guess we benefited from having booked a superior room to have just that bit more space.

I hope we can persuade friends to come with us, as we have both really enjoyed it. There is also plenty of places to visit in e vicinity.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friend and I arrived at this lovely hotel to a perfect warm, friendly welcome. We were shown the location of the Brasserie, Restaurant and Lounge before being taken up to our room (still trying to remember the last time this happened, (it's usually "here's your key, there's the lift" isn't it?) We were very pleased with our room (34) which overlooked the garden and impressed by the decor, quality of furnishings and very high standard of cleanliness.
We ate in the Brasserie on both evenings we were there. The food was absolutely excellent and reasonably priced at £14:75 for two courses from the Seasonal Menu. An Argentinian Merlot, served at just the right temperature added to our pleasure...and it was all served by charming and efficient Staff.
Others will tell you about the undoubted delights of the Pudding Club, that really isn't my bag but I bet it is fun as the Owners and Staff are very enthusiastic and would make it so.
How I wish the days of retiring to a hotel were still here, this would be the place for me! (For retiring, read living) Splendid place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!