“A Great Place to Indulge!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   on the B4632, Mickleton GL55 6SB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mickleton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“A Great Place to Indulge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

As we were visiting the CLA Game Fair at Ragley Hall in Warwickshire, we decided to make a weekend of it & booked 3 nights in a superior double at the Three Ways House Hotel - Home of the pudding club. On arrival my husband, myself & our Labrador were made very welcome & shown our room, which was on the ground floor with access either from the hotel corridor or directly to the garden from the room - brilliant having our doggy with us! The room was tastefully decorated in fairly neutral tones with flashes of purple, with the usual tea/coffee making facility, although disappointingly, no cookies or biscuits to munch on!! I do like a nice bicky with my cuppa!! Also, there was no treat for our doggy, which when we booked we had been told would be in the room on arrival. The only negative about the room was the lack of window for natural light & as the doors were heavily cloaked in curtains (which were lovely though) restricted light into the room. However, the convenience of the door won us over. The bathroom was a good size & had everything you need, including little soaps, flannels etc & was laid out well. Some of the silicone & grouting needs attention but generally it was lovely. We booked 3 nights dinner, bed & breakfast & whilst the dinner was delicious, particularly the puddings, the small menu didn't change over the 3 nights we were there, apart from slight variation to the puddings & I wish that we had maybe booked the bistro for one night for a change of scene & menu but that is not to put the food down in any way, what we had was delicious, all 3 courses too, not just the pudding (although that was my favorite course!). We had the most glorious weather whilst there & were able to enjoy the garden with tables, chairs & the shade of the umbrellas whilst having a nice cuppa with a slice of cake. The staff are to be commended & are a credit to the hotel. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant & attentive & made our stay extra enjoyable. We will definitely be back at some point when time allows. This is a perfect place for a naughty 'sweet' retreat!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your pooch then room one on the ground floor is great, although I don'...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel as we were attending the Game Fair at Ragley Hall. The hotel is lovely, our room was spacious and very clean. Breakfast was great , a buffet, but had the choice of full English along with eggs any way you could think of. We had the Brasserie on two of the nights, again faultless, and dined in the restaurant on our last night. It was fabulous and very reasonably priced. Service was great and the staff were polite and beyond helpful. We will be back

• Stayed July 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have just had a weekend at this hotel; we planned a two-day stay there because of a local Country- Game Show.
We booked a suite the room was dirty, small and extremely dated the hotel claimed it was summer Pudding suite I think they had a group of 4 year olds from the local school to have a go at painting a room…. It’s laughable
We then had dinner in the Bistro after waiting an hour between courses the manager said “Sorry forgot you where there” saying that the food we had was very good.
Day two we came down for breakfast we were then told we could only have coffee and toast, as the staff were not in, yet after being told the night before early breakfast would be fine….
Dinner we all had our main course and a member of my party had a finger nail in her salad, good news it the nail had been manicured and painted hope it was clean!!
Morning three great breakfast sausages great and service very good
Overall there are far better hotels / pubs out there offering better food, service for less money.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SimonCoombe, Owner at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion of your stay with us last weekend. The great thing in this world is there are always two sides to a story, so to balance your negative experience I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the positives you have chosen to omit.
We do not advertise the Summer Pudding Room as a Suite, it is a room themed to the pudding its is named after, maybe not to your taste but we are pleased that many people do like it, it has also featured on ITV's Lynda Bellinghams Tasty Travels as well as numerous other tv and magazine articles. You did experience a delay between your starter and main course and accepted our assistant managers apologies and the complimentary wine he gave you and your guests. We serve breakfast from 7.30am, when you arrived in the restaurant at 7am expecting staff to be ready 30 minutes early, you were politlely offered coffee, toast and the cold selection, you seem to have forgotten the Bacon Sandwiches rustled up for you because we have staff that actually care.
The Mackerel and Beetroot Salad starter you ordered in the restaurant did have a piece of fish bone coloured pink by the beetroot, I am sorry that this was not spotted when the dish was being made.
Tripadvisor is a great site which I use regularly on a personal basis and I am sure as I do other regular contributors will have learnt to take a cross section of reveiws to establish the true credentials of a property.
Kind regards
Simon Coombe
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently for a chocoholics weekend and loved every moment of it!

From arrival to checkout, I received excellent service, I was made to feel welcome at all times and even the owner made time to speak to me at dinner!

I arrived on the Saturday afternoon after exploring the local area, which was lovely, and immediately checked into my room. The room was a decent size, nicely decorated, clean and tidy and the bed very comfortable. The shower room was compact but fine and the shower was powerful.

The hotel in general was comfortable, clean, peaceful and there was a cosy lounge and a great outdoor seating area. I enjoyed all aspects of the hotel during my stay.

In the evening I ate in the hotel restaurant and must say the food was amazing. I had a special chocolate orientated menu and every course was simply beautiful. I then had a filter coffee and truffle after dinner which was also lovely. I could not have enjoyed the meal more.

The following day I took part in a chocolate treasure hunt which was lots of fun and then saw a chocolate cooking demonstration at the hotel, again very enjoyable.

Overall I loved this hotel and the surrounding area and have already booked my next stay which includes attending the Pudding Club and staying in a pudding room! Can't wait!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your lovely reveiw, I am delighted that you really enjoyed the chocolate experience. I will pass on your kind comments to everyone involved. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudding Club.
Kind regards
Simon Coombe
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight as part a small group bus tour. Lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. Our room had an excellent view over the gardens. In the evening we had a lovely meal and had the chance to sample a few of the hotels famous puddings.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our room was small but clean although a bit dated. Paintwork could have be better. Slept with the window open so and was quite quiet but air con would have been useful. The main course was delicious and there was a good choice of hot and cold pudding. Cheering them as they came out into the restaurant and scoring our favourites was great fun. The quality of the puddings ranged from average to excellent and I was impressed with their toppings of custard, pouring cream, whipping cream, chocolate sauce and toffee sauce. Each table were invited up to choose their pudding which as the beginning was annoying as we had to wait about 10 minutes but after a few puddings the wait was well received. Only 2 of our table of 10 managed to go up at the end for free for all. I ate 6 puddings and was extremely full. Apple and apricot layered pudding was my favourite. Can recommend it as a fun unusual night out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

How different was that?! Four of us went along to stay at the Three Ways Hotel and to join about 70 others for the Pudding Club. The rooms are clean and functional although slightly dated - but our room (The Sticky Toffee Pudding Room) was great fun. Don't visit if what you are looking for is the impersonal chain hotel type of room ... these are really different. We can highly recommend the Pudding Club as a fun evening with great puddings. How people were able to eat them all and then go back for seconds, I'll never know! The staff were friendly and the hotel a real delight. Even if you aren't going for the Pudding Club event, it would be an enjoyable place to stay. Not too far from Stratford-on-Avon which also gives you something to go and see. A fun evening!

Room Tip: If you are going for a special occasion, try and stretch to have one of the 'pudding' rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Three Ways House Hotel? Share your experiences!