“Disappointed beyond words-can't put too much stock in reviews” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fattoria Casabianca

Save Saved
You added Fattoria Casabianca to your Saves list
Fattoria Casabianca
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Loc.Montepescini | Casciano di Murlo, Siena, 53010 Murlo, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Murlo
Rome
“Disappointed beyond words-can't put too much stock in reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

This was to be a surprise birthday getaway for my fiance, but it was one of the most stressful weekends of my life. The long ride from the town of Casciano is interrupted by a dirt & gravel road. My new car is a mess. We arrived at the reception only to be told that our room was an additional 2.5 kilometers from there! The drive to it was full of holes, puddles, and rocks. My car's suspension was compromised. The room had no phone, so I had to use my cell phone to ask for extra pillows and to say that the TV remote didn't work. (.85)! Then I used the bathroom, which smelled like the bottom of a stagnant water well after they had thrown out the dead fish. I simply could not believe the smell! I used my cell phone again to say this room was unacceptable- another 1.05 euro - and was told that the cleaning lady would be right over. I insisted that the smell was not of dirt but of sewage. Try explaining that in English! Finally, they offered us 1 of 2 apartments, not rooms. They were charmless and plain, but we took one. It had no phone, no TV, and non-potable water, which I only found out at 3am when I tried to take a drink! What a nightmare!! But wait--2 hours after we were all settled in, and on our way to the swimming pool, they stopped our car to tell us we owed an additional €38 because it was an apartment, not a room! I simply cannot repeat here what I told them! Later, I told them that I travel alot and always put my reviews on Tripadvisor, to which they said, "Okay, it's the original price!" Unbelievable. To their credit, there is a lovely swimming pool, and they did a wonderful Barbecue dinner. And other than the stench, the scarcity of comforts, and the obvious wear and tear, the barren rooms were very clean (except for a roach in the folded tablecloth). The man at the pool bar was very kind and efficient, as was the waitstaff at the barbecue. By the way, at 9pm, there were no more desserts left at the barbecue. All the desserts had been eaten, and there were no back-ups. I asked if we still had to pay the full price for the meal, even without the included dessert, and was told yes, of course. Of course. Never again. If a hotel on Tripadvisor doesn't have at least 10 reviews, I will never put any value in these scarce opinions.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

My husband and I went to Italy for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. Our favorite stay in Italy was at Fattoria Casabianca. It is a collection of 13 century stone farmhouses restored into apartments and hotel rooms. Our room was beautiful and the restaurant was so good. They have many fun activities and we so enjoyed the winemaking tour. The staff there also made it a great place--so friendly and helpful!!!

• Liked — restored 13 century farmhouses, friendly and helpful people, wine and food
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fattoria Casabianca? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fattoria Casabianca

Address: Loc.Montepescini | Casciano di Murlo, Siena, 53010 Murlo, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Siena > Murlo
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Murlo
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fattoria Casabianca 3.5*
Fattoria Casabianca: an estate of 654 hectares in the district of Murlo, ancient centre of the Etruscan people and just 30 km from Siena. The Agriturismo welcomes its guests amongst an unspoilt nature, where the evocative landscape shows a unique scenery through all seasons. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Fattoria Casabianca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fattoria Casabianca Murlo

If you own or manage Fattoria Casabianca, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.