“I'd move here if I could!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fattoria Casabianca

Save Saved
You added Fattoria Casabianca to your Saves list
Fattoria Casabianca
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Loc.Montepescini | Casciano di Murlo, Siena, 53010 Murlo, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Murlo
Placerville, California
“I'd move here if I could!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

What an amazing place! This was scheduled as one of our "down time" stops on a lengthy sojourn through Northern Italy.
It's a little off the beaten path but well worth it! It's so peaceful and pretty here. The rooms were lovely, clean, and spacious. The staff were always pleasant and accommodating. Their restaurant was wonderful. Try the wild boar in Chianti! Mmmmm. They have a couple of dogs that will come play with you and leave when you've had enough. All in all this is a wonderful place. We will be back!!!

• Stayed May 2013

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Placerville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had no problem finding the Fattoria, even with a GPS that likes to take you on scenic routes only!! Initially we were concerned about the food, but we booked with half-board and ended up eating all three meals here each day. The restored farmhouse rooms are great, the people are friendly, and as I stated, the food and wine were outstanding. This was our first trip to Murlo, but it will now be a must stop on any trip to Italy. Even with rain on a daily basis, the peace and beauty of this accommodation were most welcome. On top of that, I had messed up on our scheduling for the five weeks in Italy, and we arrived two days late, but there was no problem we got the same rooms we had reserved, no no additional charges for my stupidity!! Looking forward to returning when there is sunshine and a pool to use!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom rooms close to reception are perfect for getting to every spot at the Fattoria
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rome
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

This was to be a surprise birthday getaway for my fiance, but it was one of the most stressful weekends of my life. The long ride from the town of Casciano is interrupted by a dirt & gravel road. My new car is a mess. We arrived at the reception only to be told that our room was an additional 2.5 kilometers from there! The drive to it was full of holes, puddles, and rocks. My car's suspension was compromised. The room had no phone, so I had to use my cell phone to ask for extra pillows and to say that the TV remote didn't work. (.85)! Then I used the bathroom, which smelled like the bottom of a stagnant water well after they had thrown out the dead fish. I simply could not believe the smell! I used my cell phone again to say this room was unacceptable- another 1.05 euro - and was told that the cleaning lady would be right over. I insisted that the smell was not of dirt but of sewage. Try explaining that in English! Finally, they offered us 1 of 2 apartments, not rooms. They were charmless and plain, but we took one. It had no phone, no TV, and non-potable water, which I only found out at 3am when I tried to take a drink! What a nightmare!! But wait--2 hours after we were all settled in, and on our way to the swimming pool, they stopped our car to tell us we owed an additional €38 because it was an apartment, not a room! I simply cannot repeat here what I told them! Later, I told them that I travel alot and always put my reviews on Tripadvisor, to which they said, "Okay, it's the original price!" Unbelievable. To their credit, there is a lovely swimming pool, and they did a wonderful Barbecue dinner. And other than the stench, the scarcity of comforts, and the obvious wear and tear, the barren rooms were very clean (except for a roach in the folded tablecloth). The man at the pool bar was very kind and efficient, as was the waitstaff at the barbecue. By the way, at 9pm, there were no more desserts left at the barbecue. All the desserts had been eaten, and there were no back-ups. I asked if we still had to pay the full price for the meal, even without the included dessert, and was told yes, of course. Of course. Never again. If a hotel on Tripadvisor doesn't have at least 10 reviews, I will never put any value in these scarce opinions.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

My husband and I went to Italy for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. Our favorite stay in Italy was at Fattoria Casabianca. It is a collection of 13 century stone farmhouses restored into apartments and hotel rooms. Our room was beautiful and the restaurant was so good. They have many fun activities and we so enjoyed the winemaking tour. The staff there also made it a great place--so friendly and helpful!!!

• Liked — restored 13 century farmhouses, friendly and helpful people, wine and food
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fattoria Casabianca? Share your experiences!