“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gracco del Secco 113, 53034 Colle di Val d'Elsa, Italy   |
Rio de Janeiro
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. The town is small, charming, with nice and goods restaurants in a distance walking. Also a convenient base to visit Tuscan towns.
The hotel is very nice, modern, clean and comfortable. We had a standard room and it was large.
Breakfast buffet was good. Free parking very close. Friendly staff.
We had a great time staying in Palazzo San Lorenzo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my first time to Italy and I am so happy I chose this hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, breakfast was great and the place was beautiful. We ordered food from the restaurant for dinner and it was soooooo good! They were very nice and let us use the pool for free but we had no time to swim LOL They have free parking at the side of the building which is great....we didn't have to worry about where to park, but make sure at night you have a flashlight 'cause it's pitch dark and the last night we were there I think I skimmed a rat or something with my shoe. My bf kept getting lost going back to the hotel because the original route the GPS kept bringing us to was under construction, but I would go back and stay there again. Thank you Palazzo San Lorenzo Staff :o) I had a memorable stay there and hope to be able to go back soon!

Chicago, Il.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. The hotel was very modern with classy touches mixing some old with cool modern. Our room was quite large and the bathroom was large as well. Breakfast was in a nice setting and offered a excellent variety of food.

I took advantage of the spa to get a massage. As part of the massage it provided me access to the full spa facility. The jacuzzi area has some uniqe jets that I've never experienced before this hotel. In one part you laid on your back and the jets hit you back. It was on a raised up part so you weren't competely under water.

The town itself is smal but charming. A chestnut festival was happening our first night there. I had roasted chestnuts for the first time. OK but not great. The pastry made with chestnut flour was tasty and uniqe in its flavor. We're going to try and find some chestnut flour in the state and make it ourselves.

And finally, there is an excellent restaurant just a few steps from the hotel call Officina. We at there both nights. Make reservations as it is small and I'm sure fills up fast.

massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a fabulous stay at here for two nights in the middle of November. We were a little uncertain about whether or not we'd chosen the right town for a transition spot between our travels in southern Tuscany and our ultimate departure from Pisa airport, but we were delighted with both the town and the hotel. Our room was spacious, modern and very comfortable and the bathroom was fantastic. Reception was warm and hepful, and the sitting area in the lobby nice and comfortable. We treated ourselves to the spa -- a massage for me and just the wellness path option for my husband -- and it was probably the best relaxing massage I've ever had. Very close to San Gimignano, where we went for dinner one evening.

The town itself is beautiful, with the upper and lower historical town centers. It's an easy walk from the hotel (which is right by the beautiful, rounded old city gates) to the crystal elevator which takes you to the lower town.

We also found the hotel very reasonably priced, as it was low season and we prepaid for the room. We would definitely choose to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Palazzo San Lorenzo was one of the nicest hotel we've stayed in! Quiet, excellent location, lovely service.
Great value. We wish we could have stayed longer. After a full day of traveling around the Tuscany region it was wonderful to come back to the hotel, parking was a pleasure - they have a little lot walking distance from the hotel. Wonderful restaurants also walking distance and a lovely breakfast buffet in the hotel. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed May 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hotel Palazzo San Lorenzo is an absolutely beautiful, sleekly-modern, spotless facility! Great breakfast buffet is included with the room. The town is lovely and it is also in a particularly beautiful part of Tuscany. it is very close to many other charming hilltop towns as well. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Palhoca, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The way between San Gimignano and this amazing Hotel is one of that things that you think "how is good being alive to see how awesome is the world". And I have no words to describe the staff, the room, the medieval atmosphere, everything, I´m sure we´ll return to this fantastic place. Nowadays, I would book this Hotel with my eyes closed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palazzo San Lorenzo? Share your experiences!