“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort

Save Saved
You added Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Via Bagno Vignoni 1 | S. Quirico D'Orcia, 53027 Bagno Vignoni, Italy   |
San Francisco, California
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had high expectations after the reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and seeing the sticker price. Well, our expectations were met or surpassed! Facilities, service, food…everything was top notch. We love the thermal baths, Turkish baths and sauna; the atmosphere, the excellent and gorgeous rooms (we were in #107 but all of them look over the pools; were impressed by the motion detectors that make a small light go on in the middle of the night if one needs to get off bed!), the choice of quality food at breakfast and beverages, including freshly squeezed juices, and dinner…This is a perfect place to spend a special time with loved ones. It is especially romantic for couples (probably best to choose a time when kids are not on vacation). The only (small) fault we could find is, we wished we could have kept the Adler Thermae bag that we used during our stay to carry our towels and clothes change around; we were a bit surprised that we needed to return it with the wet towels and bathrobes. Anyhow, we absolutely enjoyed every minute of our stay. It is most likely the best thermal bath resort in Italy! We definitely highly recommend and will be back for a longer time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here previously so when I came back I thought I knew what to expect this time was a million times better than before With fewer guests the service was exceptional At times it felt like we had the place to ourselves The treatments were wonderful the food delicious and the service brilliant

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Marvelous place to relax, rest and train. Amazing and efficient staff. Superb facilities - pools, saunas, spa, gym...Rich activities program with very professional team. We (family of six, ages 24-57) spend a wonderful week. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was my fourth visit to the place, and Adler met all my expectations and more yet again. Great spa treatments, excellent food, superb service all around. I was glad to see the change in the excursions format (not that I was unhappy with them before) in that there was a hike added to the trip to Montalcino, which gave me a chance to enjoy the countryside on foot, something I had wanted to do always.
I will be back if I can manage it.
March seems a great time for Bagno Vignoni, not too hot, great break after winter.

Room Tip: The room on the ground floor overlooking the valley was great - quiet and peaceful. However, to reac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed a week at Adler, a great base for exploring the area. Lots of easy, free parking for our rental car. And lots of interesting places to visit within an hour or so drive - we took in Pienza, Siena, Montepulciano, San Gimignano (couple hours away), etc. Don't miss Castiglione d'Orcia, a little hilltop medieval village about 20 minutes away by car, but it will carry you back about 800 years in spirit (it's the little town that shares the hilltop with the tower you can see from the hotel).

Our routine ended up starting our day with a great breakfast at the hotel, then off exploring, and back in time for a swim, spa treatment or time in the steam rooms before dinner. Meals reminded me of past cruise ship type experiences. Good buffet breakfasts. Dinners are a mix of buffet salad/bread, and buffet cheese/dessert, but with 2-3 a la carte selections in between. Quality and selection was decent enough (8 of 10?), but as expected, not fully up to the standard of a good Florence restaurant.

Steam and other facilities in the spa are very nice, including thermal pools (at a perfect temperature for soaking). As a swimmer, I also very much appreciated the 25m lap pool for getting in my daily workout (which are kept at a perfect, cooler water temperature for actually swimming).

Staff are very friendly and efficient, always a buongiorno and a smile. Our only complaint was with the wifi service. It was free (good), but was so slow and unreliable that it reminded me of the not-so-good-old 56k modem days.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. This was our second visit to Adler, and probably not our last.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Rooms are large and well cleaned . The Spa is excellent even if a bit expensive . All the staff is professional and helpful .The restaurant is very good ( specially on saturday night when you have the steak ).I WOULD RECOMMEND IT !

Room Tip: ask for rooms nearest to the spa and pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It is set so beautifully in the Tuscan countryside with rolling hills as far as the eye can reach. With all the great reviews and awards, I had to give it a chance. However, there is much lacking.

First of all, there was no availability so I ended up staying at Antico Albergo Terme, right next door in the little town, which was a great choice for a fraction of the price. So, I did a day spa experience. The spa area is GREAT! The steam room is the best I've ever experienced and the sauna out on the lake is AMAZING!

However, the massage was horrible! I got a man even though I had not been informed or asked. He was no good and although I asked for a firmer touch, he did not change at all. He did not walk out as I changed and just removed the sheet when I was to turn. Very uncomfortable and the worst massage treatment ever. And this is supposed to be an award-winning spa?!? Nobody asked me afterward how it was. The shower/changing area is super small and has no products whatsoever and they required that I purchase shampoo and conditioner even though I had already paid an expensive daily spa fee along with the massage. Honestly! As nice as the spa is, I will not go back there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort? Share your experiences!