We stayed a week at Adler, a great base for exploring the area. Lots of easy, free parking for our rental car. And lots of interesting places to visit within an hour or so drive - we took in Pienza, Siena, Montepulciano, San Gimignano (couple hours away), etc. Don't miss Castiglione d'Orcia, a little hilltop medieval village about 20 minutes away by car, but it will carry you back about 800 years in spirit (it's the little town that shares the hilltop with the tower you can see from the hotel).
Our routine ended up starting our day with a great breakfast at the hotel, then off exploring, and back in time for a swim, spa treatment or time in the steam rooms before dinner. Meals reminded me of past cruise ship type experiences. Good buffet breakfasts. Dinners are a mix of buffet salad/bread, and buffet cheese/dessert, but with 2-3 a la carte selections in between. Quality and selection was decent enough (8 of 10?), but as expected, not fully up to the standard of a good Florence restaurant.
Steam and other facilities in the spa are very nice, including thermal pools (at a perfect temperature for soaking). As a swimmer, I also very much appreciated the 25m lap pool for getting in my daily workout (which are kept at a perfect, cooler water temperature for actually swimming).
Staff are very friendly and efficient, always a buongiorno and a smile. Our only complaint was with the wifi service. It was free (good), but was so slow and unreliable that it reminded me of the not-so-good-old 56k modem days.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. This was our second visit to Adler, and probably not our last.
- Also Known As:
- Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Hotel
- Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Hotel Bagno Vignoni
- Adler Thermae Spa And Relax Resort
- Adler Thermae Hotel
- Hotel Adler Thermae
- Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort Bagno Vignoni, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in a country house style, the resort boasts 1000 square meters of thermal and sports swimming pools, a sauna and steam bath area delimited by the walls of an old travertine quarry. Waters are piped and chilled, and maintain their beneficial and healing properties intact: they are used for packs, hydro massages and mud therapy. The range of aesthetic treatments is wide – from the classic beauty treatments to fitness programs with different intensities; from holistic techniques for the well-being of body and mind to thermal treatments. Ayurveda is the pride of the spa: besides custom massages, you can also be examined by professional Indian doctors who, after a long session, give advices on the best health tips and diet to reach a psycho-physical well-being.The cookery is in tune with the general atmosphere. Thanks to a mix of original recipes from the Tuscan tradition and well-balanced solutions, food at Adler is divine, healthy and tasty at the same time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.