This hotel is at the top of a hill in a small town in Tuscany. The highlight of the hotel is the spa (located across a small lawn from the front of the hotel, but accessible without having to go outside because the elevator goes straight to an underground walkway). There's a sauna, a cold pool, and a warm pool. Seemed to be pretty popular with guests.
Tried the hotel restaurant once and found it to be pretty good.
The rooms are nice, though not spectacular. Bed was fairly comfortable, bathroom solid. Unlike many rooms in Italy there did not appear to be a line in the shower to dry clothes.
My biggest complaint with the hotel was this. It was October and warm in the rooms. When I asked about the air conditioning I was told that it was off for the season (though strangely the heat was already available) and that I could open the window. The problem with this is that some of the rooms (including mine) are above an outdoor area where people are standing and drinking. Thus, if you want to sleep, opening the window isn't an option. So if you're going to stay here during a shoulder season, beware that you may have to suffer some warm nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Le Terme is located in the palace designed by Rossellino in 1400 which was Pope Pio II Piccolomini’s summer residence. The Hotel overlooks the famous thermal water basin that features a unique square where for 2000 years the hot thermal water has gushed at a temperature of 49° from a depth of 1000 metres. The building has been recently renewed and it offers all the comforts to ensure travellers a memorable Tuscan experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Albergo Le Terme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Le Terme Hotel Bagno Vignoni
- Albergo Le Terme Bagno Vignoni, Italy - Tuscany