We were absolutely delighted with a last minute change in our plans; instead of crowded, dark Sienna, we found our way to the most welcoming, lovely home staffed by genuinely happy, friendly folks in the perfect small Tuscan hill town. We had visited Montepulciano and Pienza before but somehow missed San Quirico; now it would be our first choice - for the town itself, as well as the location. The town is immaculate - amazing really considering the history here. The residents are truly friendly -- it is not too large, the streets are not too steep - we said to one shop owner, Wow, it is perfect here! She smilingly said, not too perfect though, people actually Really live here -- there are services within the town for the residents, who stroll up and down the charming main (almost car free) street in the evening, the kids hang out in the quite impressive garden, it is just what you would hope to stumble upon in a Tuscan town.
The hotel itself is beautiful -- our room was authentic, yet updated, with a terrific bathroom, great shower - not always the case! Very comfortable bed, pillows, etc. Wifi in the rooms, and really terrific food -- tea and cake in the afternoon, I think the wonderful pastries were from the cute shop in town. Really great breakfast, oh my. And for dinner -- head around the little lane behind the hotel and find the restaurant with torches lining the street -- perfect beef, beans, all of the Tuscan specialties you would expect; very nice wine and again, friendly friendly people.
I can't forget to thank Coco, the bellman at the hotel -- once you meet this kind soul, you'll understand -- as amazing as the scenery, history, food and oh my the wine are here, it is the people who remain in your heart and the people who call you back to this beautiful special part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I dream in silence awaken in another era in the tranquil shade of ancient olive trees amongst fragances and flavours of the past home for the heart, refuge of the soulSogno nel silenzio, risveglio nella storia all'ombra cheta di ulivi secolari i profumi e i sapori di un tempo, dimora del cuore, rifugio dell'anima ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Palazzo Del Capitano Exclusive Wellness And Relais
- Palazzo Del Capitano Hotel
- Hotel Palazzo Del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais San Quirico D'Orcia, Italy - Tuscany