“apologies for late review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria la Botte Vagliagli

Osteria la Botte Vagliagli
Via Del Sergente 6, Vagliagli | SIENA, 53019 Vagliagli, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Italy
+39 0577 322779
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Osteria la Botte Vagliagli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Vagliagli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small Osteria situated in the medieval village of Vagliagli, run by Laura the Chef and Salvatore.The Restaurant is very nice with a small terrace overview the Chianti Hills. Local and Italian cuisine ,with a creative touch. Well prepered with choice of Top quality food in market with a very good preparation and presentation.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“apologies for late review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to la botte on the last day of our honeymoon last August. We stayed at a villa at the top of the hill above the village. La Botte is truly special. A small resturant off the beaten track with a great ambiance. The food was imaginative (e g pear risotto) and beautifully presented |(and even good for me as a vegetarian). The care with which the owners prepare the food is obvious. The presentation is so individual, the bread comes in a little hessian bag. Plus the homemade Limoncello is great. The owners make you feel relaxed, nothing is too much trouble, and their enjoyment of what they do is infectious. Thanks to Salvatore and Laura for a lovely last evening, wihich we still remember as one of the best nights of our honeymoon. On leaving we bought three bottles of lovely olive oil which we are still using.and remember as a little peice of Tuscany.
We thought we had made a posting last August but we were looking at the restaurant reviews ( to remember our visit) and saw our entry had not been posted. We will always remember this restaurant and hope to return sometime soon.

• Visited August 2012

London, United Kingdom
“La bottle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Sitting in London makes me look back very nostalgically to our last two summers in a villa just outside Viagliagli. I can only share in and endorse the comments made. This is one of those discoveries that you hesitate to pass on but... Most important is the welcome we (a family with three small children) received both years - the cooking is great as well.... enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Keep walking til you get there...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Keep walking til you get there! La Botte is a quaint little restaurant in a small village 10 mts. from Siena, an easy drive and well worth it, we've been back twice! Run by a couple of ex-travellers, Salvatore and Laura have decided to do things 'their way' and they should cuz it works! Laura is the chef, she deserves more recognition for her wonderful dishes! This is the only restaurant that we've been to that I'm not afraid of what Salvatore brings me, EVERYTHIN G is wondrful!! Toscana used to have some good restaurants that served good food but they've become stale and too touristy,i.e. serving food that is hardly edible, no wonder tourists eat kebab! But Laura only makes what she would eat herself and she eats well!! Just the right combination of creativity and homecooked goodness. She cares about every ingredient and spice, very natural and organic, nothing from a package here! trust me, visit the Piazza del Campo and then get in
your car and go. You definitely won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
StPaul Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing people amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

" The pasta with porcini and white truffle oil." this was the best pasta that I and everyone in our party of 18 ever had. It was a totally sensual experience .I remember I took smaller and smaller bites to prolong the pleasure. This was our wedding dinner at this out of the way small Tuscan mountain village restaurant that I found on Trip Advisor. Had great reviews ,with pictures of our hosts with big smiles welcoming . for some reason the faces impressed me with their genuine expressions. I E mailed them and we made plans 2 weeks ahead of time and showed up. I never have experienced such a welcome in my life. We settled into this small comfortable incredibly clean , warm place relaxed enjoyed great wine and great food. it took the first few bites for the wedding party joviality to become an experience of such pleasure that it got real quiet. than remarks of praise. this was followed by another exquisite experience of braised Veal cheeks ( the most luscious and tender meat I ever had) and very tender steak. Even my grand son who is 6 years old remarked that this food was something extra ordinary. this was not a meal but art performance .Our hosts were very gracious.When I come back to anywhere in Tuscany I will make my way back to Vagligli for this experience. Omer Sanan

• Visited October 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“La Botte rocks...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

well that's my opinion but in actual fact the atmosphere swayed rather than rocked. This cute little restaurant hidden away in the tiny mountain village of Vagliagli is well worth the detour not just for the cuisine but the hospitality and the added entertainment provided by local diva who regaled us with wonderful impromptu Italian arias. The food we ate at the evening before the wedding party was local, seasonal and cooked with love and passion. Never a great fan of gnocchi, Laura's gnocchitini in saffron sauce turned me into a total convert and I'd like to wish Salvatori's bambini (a giant grappa bottle in a cradle) Many Happy Returns! Exactly what one hopes to find and experience in a true Tuscan village - the real thing! We ate there every day of our stay...rock on La Botte!

• Visited March 2012