“La bottle” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 restaurants in Vagliagli
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Small Osteria situated in the medieval village of Vagliagli, run by Laura the Chef and Salvatore.The Restaurant is very nice with a small terrace overview the Chianti Hills. Local and Italian cuisine ,with a creative touch. Well prepered with choice of Top quality food in market with a very good preparation and presentation.
London, United Kingdom
“La bottle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Sitting in London makes me look back very nostalgically to our last two summers in a villa just outside Viagliagli. I can only share in and endorse the comments made. This is one of those discoveries that you hesitate to pass on but... Most important is the welcome we (a family with three small children) received both years - the cooking is great as well.... enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
“Keep walking til you get there...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Keep walking til you get there! La Botte is a quaint little restaurant in a small village 10 mts. from Siena, an easy drive and well worth it, we've been back twice! Run by a couple of ex-travellers, Salvatore and Laura have decided to do things 'their way' and they should cuz it works! Laura is the chef, she deserves more recognition for her wonderful dishes! This is the only restaurant that we've been to that I'm not afraid of what Salvatore brings me, EVERYTHIN G is wondrful!! Toscana used to have some good restaurants that served good food but they've become stale and too touristy,i.e. serving food that is hardly edible, no wonder tourists eat kebab! But Laura only makes what she would eat herself and she eats well!! Just the right combination of creativity and homecooked goodness. She cares about every ingredient and spice, very natural and organic, nothing from a package here! trust me, visit the Piazza del Campo and then get in
your car and go. You definitely won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
StPaul Minnesota
“amazing people amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

" The pasta with porcini and white truffle oil." this was the best pasta that I and everyone in our party of 18 ever had. It was a totally sensual experience .I remember I took smaller and smaller bites to prolong the pleasure. This was our wedding dinner at this out of the way small Tuscan mountain village restaurant that I found on Trip Advisor. Had great reviews ,with pictures of our hosts with big smiles welcoming . for some reason the faces impressed me with their genuine expressions. I E mailed them and we made plans 2 weeks ahead of time and showed up. I never have experienced such a welcome in my life. We settled into this small comfortable incredibly clean , warm place relaxed enjoyed great wine and great food. it took the first few bites for the wedding party joviality to become an experience of such pleasure that it got real quiet. than remarks of praise. this was followed by another exquisite experience of braised Veal cheeks ( the most luscious and tender meat I ever had) and very tender steak. Even my grand son who is 6 years old remarked that this food was something extra ordinary. this was not a meal but art performance .Our hosts were very gracious.When I come back to anywhere in Tuscany I will make my way back to Vagligli for this experience. Omer Sanan

• Visited October 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“La Botte rocks...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

well that's my opinion but in actual fact the atmosphere swayed rather than rocked. This cute little restaurant hidden away in the tiny mountain village of Vagliagli is well worth the detour not just for the cuisine but the hospitality and the added entertainment provided by local diva who regaled us with wonderful impromptu Italian arias. The food we ate at the evening before the wedding party was local, seasonal and cooked with love and passion. Never a great fan of gnocchi, Laura's gnocchitini in saffron sauce turned me into a total convert and I'd like to wish Salvatori's bambini (a giant grappa bottle in a cradle) Many Happy Returns! Exactly what one hopes to find and experience in a true Tuscan village - the real thing! We ate there every day of our stay...rock on La Botte!

• Visited March 2012
Cape Town
“Fabulous restaurant and fabulous owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our wedding took place at Villa Dievole end March. All of us went to La Botte the night before the wedding and we just had a fantastic time. The owners are wonderful and treated us like friends. Some of our friends went back the next day for lunch before the wedding and then we all went back the night after the wedding. I cannot speak more highly of this lovely restaurant - excellent food, lovely ambience in a lovely small town. Cannot wait to go there again in December when we will be in Tuscany again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
salvatore z, Proprietario at Osteria la Botte Vagliagli, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review , is nice to know That you had a good time with us in our small osteria for us was nice to meet you and you great family.
hope to see you soon Laura&Salvatore