“Wedding Hotel at affordable price” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bradford Road, Bingley, Bradford BD16 1TU, England   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bingley
London, United Kingdom
“Wedding Hotel at affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here as part of a weekend in near by Bingley town centre for a friends birthday. The hotel is best described as a wedding hotel because, well, there is always a wedding there! Odd location so not ideal for visiting anything of note, but let that not deter from you staying there if you are indeed visiting people up north! Hotel is clean and rather beautiful in parts, with an old décor in side mixed with modern facilities. The room itself was great value at super saver rate - with it being modern and totally up to scratch with facilities on offer. Very clean, very well organised and plenty of room in the large double bed. In all, had a pleasant stay so would recommend the hotel for families and groups, if you book in advance and make sure you use the bar facilities! And I didn't even use the spa area.....

Room Tip: Super Saver double room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations.

We would like to point out that we do not have a spa on site, but we do offer discount passes to a local Gym with Spa located a short walk from the hotel.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Emily Cox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
cambridge, uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I took advantage of the offer on the hotel web site, and upgraded to a 'privilege' room for my booking. On arriving , I was really impressed with the size of the room, and quality of the furnishings as had both a double bed and two singles. However, when I turned over the bed linen, found that the duvet was dirty, with what looked like a bloodstain on it. I called down to reception, and it was changed immediately, however it left me a bit disappointed. The staff who changed the linen were lovely. I ordered room service, and one of the same staff delivered it - she said they'd been very busy that evening and apologised for the delay. The food was 'ok', a little bit cold,but I didn't fancy eating in the bar on my own, as there was a large group of people already there. I couldn't find the 'robe and slippers' which I had thought were included in the room rate, but I didn't call reception, as thought I had already caused them enough trouble for the evening.
The biggest problem I had though was the situation of my room. I was in the 'old part' of the hotel, above the entrance, and could hear noise from downstairs until late in the evening, and then the spacious corridor outside was very echoy with footsteps, and thus didn't get to sleep til after midnight. My room was opposite the 'service rooms' and staff started working from 5:30am, and there were continuous footsteps along the corridor,opening and closing the doors to the service rooms opposite.
I had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, some items were running low, and the baked beans looked very congealed,
I would think twice about staying again - which is a shame as it is a convenient location for business trips.

Room Tip: Avoid a room opposite the service rooms if you want a good night's sleep
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased that you found the room and staff attitude to your satisfaction.

I am however very sorry for the noise and poor cleanliness standards experienced. Please be assured that we have taken direct action to rectify these issues. I can only apologise for the noise and will take this into consideration when allocating rooms in the future.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future when I am confident that you will experience our usual standard of care, welcome and hospitality.

Halifax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed for 1 night at a really good price, so pleasantly surprised with the quality. Room was great with modern decor. It was nice & warm and we slept really well in the comfy bed. All the staff we came across were friendly, helpful and polite. We ate dinner and breakfast and thought the food was good. There was a little confusion in the restaurant with what was included in the room rate that we booked and also an error with our bill on check out, however these issues were rectified immediately, so would not deter me staying at the hotel in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team as I am sure this will be very motivational for them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is well past it's sell by date! I have stayed several times and on each occasion it has got worse. I have used the hotel for training events and they just do not know how to provide a good service. This time the person setting up the training room was also serving breakfast. The room was not refreshed at lunchtime so we spent the afternoon with dirty cups on tables and no fresh water. The projector is really poor quality and getting worse each time I have been. Coffee and tea are always cold and of poor quality. I have only ever eaten dinner once and will never again. Some of the bedrooms are good quality but it is the luck of the draw if you get one. Most are just okay. All in all, it is in need of a complete makeover and management with higher standards and expectations. This is a shame because it has great potential. The plus side is that it can be very cheap to stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Please be assured that your feedback has been investigated and direct action taken to make the improvements required.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future when I am confident that you will experience our usual standard of care, welcome and hospitality.

Yours sincerely

Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I were on a two day break in the Bradford region. The hotel has extensive free parking. The staff at reception were very pleasant and efficient. The room, atwin bedded one, had all the facilities one would need. The only downside was the range of TV programmes available; these were quite limited. The restaurant was not open during the evening, so we had to dine in the Brasserie, which is the hotel's bar. The menu was very limited. Fine if you like burgers and shepherd's pie. Breakfast was buffet style. This was up to expectations.
We found all the staff very friendly and helpful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your stay was satisfactory.

I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of our team. I would also like to assure you that your comments regarding the menu selection and the TV selection will be reviewed and direct action taken to make further improvements.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and myself have just stayed at this hotel, this being our 4th stay and we cant praise it enough. The rooms were clean and spacious. We ate in the restaurant and the evening meals were outstanding, top marks to the chef, A special mention to Ebrima who worked behind the bar, he was very friendly and efficient at his job, The breakfast had a very good choice, we will definitely be back soon, Thank you for a lovely stay from Jan and Gary, Liverpool.

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I will share your comments with our team and pass on your lovely feedback to Ebrima. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and standards.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Emily Cox

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!